E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Minor accident...this will buff right out...Right?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #45
boosted5
Banned
2

 
Drives: 535i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago


Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd243372 View Post
finally got the police report....so what are my chances of not ending up in the poor house after the repairs are done?
I don't think your allowed to post that on the internet lol
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #46
UDM335xdrive
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xdrive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC


Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd243372
while trying to get by a Penske truck at the GWB toll plaza....this happened...any ideas on how much it would cost to fix all of this?
I got rear ended by a big boars head truck less damage than yours it cost $1700. Good luck bro
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #47
UDM335xdrive
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xdrive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC


Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd243372
while trying to get by a Penske truck at the GWB toll plaza....this happened...any ideas on how much it would cost to fix all of this?
I got rear ended by a big boars head truck less damage than yours it cost $1700. Good luck bro
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
Ehwnnc
Second Lieutenant
21

 
Ehwnnc's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina


Posts: 237
iTrader: (0)

Holy shit. Im 21 and pay a $100 a month full coverage
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #49
geko29
Second Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois, USA


Posts: 255
iTrader: (2)

Wow, get it fixed out of pocket and then go buy a '92 civic/corolla. $400/mo for that poor of coverage and double that for decent coverage is just madness. For reference, I pay $50/mo full coverage $500 deductible on an '11 335d with State Farm. I'm 34. Same coverage on my old E46 323i when I was in my mid/late twenties was in the upper $30s/low $40s per month (started at around $80-85/mo when I bought it new at 22).
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #50
jmarino21
Private First Class
United_States
2

 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH


Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

1) wow your rates are unbelieveable. i pay 130/mo for my 2011 335xi, full coverage and 1k deductible, and am 30 with a subpar record (tickets only, no claims ever).

2) you are 100% at fault, sorry bro.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #51
theblackmamba
Banned
38

 
Drives: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1


Posts: 2,287
iTrader: (8)

I own an insurance company too.

its called iwillassrapeyou insurance.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #52
Joe-
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenwich CT


Posts: 520
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd243372 View Post
finally got the police report....so what are my chances of not ending up in the poor house after the repairs are done?
Based on that report, your gonna get raped. That report puts you 100% at fault.

You over step'd your lane infact judging by where the car was locate after the accident you clearly did not yield right of way.

Most likely what happened was Truck did not want to let you into the lane, you barged into the lane expecting him to stop, and he struck you.

This puts you at fault.

Pay out of pocket, hope the truck company doesn't come after you / your insurance for damages.

Also remove the police report or atleast removal the passengers name and address from the report.

Btw, you are even more screwed because Car # 1 has a witness and you have no one to back your story.

Bend over and pucker up, the insurance man is coming for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #53
dd243372
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
dd243372's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90 328i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bronx, NY


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

eeehhhhh...chalking it up as a learning experience. Guess it could of been worse.
__________________
______________________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #54
BOBKUR
Major
13

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA


Posts: 1,350
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
Wow, get it fixed out of pocket and then go buy a '92 civic/corolla. $400/mo for that poor of coverage and double that for decent coverage is just madness. For reference, I pay $50/mo full coverage $500 deductible on an '11 335d with State Farm. I'm 34. Same coverage on my old E46 323i when I was in my mid/late twenties was in the upper $30s/low $40s per month (started at around $80-85/mo when I bought it new at 22).
What does this guys driving record look like.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #55
dd243372
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
dd243372's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90 328i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bronx, NY


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

record was clean (had the car since Feb.) until this accident.
__________________
______________________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #56
nycbr
Second Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: nu yawk


Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

I don't see how it can be "100%" your fault since he hit you! Even if he had the right of way, the front of his truck hit the back of your car, and he could have avoided the contact. Having the right of way still doesn't allow someone to plow into you. [IMHO]
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #57
e92ben
Lieutenant Colonel
30

 
e92ben's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kenosha Wi


Posts: 1,977
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatsh3said
why do you have a $2500 deductible?
He chose it to lower his monthly costs!?

Op- that sucks man. Lol least you didn't get hurt. Time
For some m3 rear fenders woohooo!!!
__________________

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #58
dd243372
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
dd243372's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90 328i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bronx, NY


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr View Post
I don't see how it can be "100%" your fault since he hit you! Even if he had the right of way, the front of his truck hit the back of your car, and he could have avoided the contact. Having the right of way still doesn't allow someone to plow into you. [IMHO]
Thats kind of my reasoning too...but it is what it is.
__________________
______________________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST