E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC to CIC

11-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
mrgreenwood
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 330i

CCC to CIC

My question is can I get a Cic and replaced my ccc without codin ?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreenwood
Not without coding.
Cic will work but not optimised to your car.
      11-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreenwood View Post
Coding is required for correct operation of the CIC. If you need coding, we will be happy to do it for you remotely: http://bimmerretrofit.com/store/inde...&product_id=89

CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Bimmerscoding.com

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreenwood View Post
You would definitely need the coding and also you need an cic emulator to get navigation and voice control to work. You dont have to get the emulator and go the more expensive route which is to get the OEM activation codes...I chose the cheaper route with my retrofit..Good luck your going to love it!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 F30 328i

My question is - is it worth dropping 4 grand for a OEM nav system? I have the CCC system, and I've driven a few other BMW's with the new updated NAV - not sure I see the big 4 grand difference. So upgrading I loose my TSU and BMW assist (which is basically useless unless I lock the keys in the car or have a wreck). What I gain is a very expensive map update? I would LOVE somebody to give me instight into what would make this retrofit worth the cost? I mean I can see dropping 1500, but when I look at bimmerretrofit (posted here), their CiC, combox, and connected drive is coming out to be 4 grand - and that isn't OEM activation (which I don't know what the difference is in hardware and OEM - not like the warranty will support the retrofit anyway) - if somebody thas has had it done could just explain what I gain, is it worth it, and how much did you pay for installation? I'd probably be better geared to think about the purchase... (op sorry for hijacking your thread and I'm not trying to threadcrap).
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
thestein1016
Private
Rep

Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
My question is - is it worth dropping 4 grand for a OEM nav system? I have the CCC system, and I've driven a few other BMW's with the new updated NAV - not sure I see the big 4 grand difference. So upgrading I loose my TSU and BMW assist (which is basically useless unless I lock the keys in the car or have a wreck). What I gain is a very expensive map update? I would LOVE somebody to give me instight into what would make this retrofit worth the cost? I mean I can see dropping 1500, but when I look at bimmerretrofit (posted here), their CiC, combox, and connected drive is coming out to be 4 grand - and that isn't OEM activation (which I don't know what the difference is in hardware and OEM - not like the warranty will support the retrofit anyway) - if somebody thas has had it done could just explain what I gain, is it worth it, and how much did you pay for installation? I'd probably be better geared to think about the purchase... (op sorry for hijacking your thread and I'm not trying to threadcrap).
Pm me
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
mjleamy
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT Monaco, Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
My question is - is it worth dropping 4 grand for a OEM nav system? ...
I am with you. I am shocked by the money people spend updating to CIC, LCI, etc. I start to get upset when I need to dump $500 into my e90 to get if fixed, let alone spend $4k on replacing a working navigation unit with another one. BTW, I have updated my CCC unit with 2013 maps for free and I am pretty psyched about that. Those are the kind of mods I like
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
latino1ny
Captain
Rep

Drives: '08 BSM 335i e92

How did you update to the 2013 maps for free? I need to update my maps. They are so out of date I choose my Garmin when I need navigation over the factory maps.
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/7" VRSF FMIC/Cobb AP V3/muffler delete/2500k angel eyes/
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565365&stc=1&d=1405361  850
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
mjleamy
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT Monaco, Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
How did you update to the 2013 maps for free? I need to update my maps. They are so out of date I choose my Garmin when I need navigation over the factory maps.
It's in this forum: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=893113
get the 'professional' iso and burn the two DVDs (one for East and one for West). Then put the one you want in your CCC system and your done. Make sure to burn it at a slow speed so that the CCC unit has no problems reading it.
Appreciate 0