E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Car drives like trash, weird rattle sound

12-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
bmnatz
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 325i

Car drives like trash, weird rattle sound

Hey everyone,

My car (E92, 325i, 2.5L) came up with a weird rattling sound today from the engine bay that won't go away.

Any ideas ?

On another note:

The car drives like crap for ages, but that was already before that sound appeared. I'm fu*** sick of this garbage service that BMW is offering in Thailand, I've lived in various different countries and always went with a BMW specifically for it's reliability and servicing and I have never been so disappointed like in Thailand.

I went in for maintenance and servicing a trillion times due to very poor engine performance, this was when my car was still under warranty and they never changed anything, only clean this, clean that which never helped in any way they even showed me the errors on the computer (Cylinder X misfiring) but wouldn't do anything about it, is there any place where you can file a complaint about a BMW dealer ?

/Rant end
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Phil325i
Major
United Kingdom

Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
If that's an N53 engine (which I think it is) then the noise is normal and nothing to worry about. All down to the direct (piezo) injectors...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
SDemetris
FSAE Dude

Drives: E90 328xi

sounds a little bit like lifter tick. as for your car driving poorly, that shouldnt be the cause of it

1985 Gazelle Beige 325e: Nursing it back to health from PO negligence.. Soon to be track car.
Appreciate 0