E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Does My 335is already have upgraded Control arms?

08-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
Johnsonuspp
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 335is Space Gray

Does My 335is already have upgraded Control arms?

I need a question answered if possible I have a 2011 BMW335is with a build date of 06/2010. I have the premium package and does anyone know if our cars on that build date have upgraded sub frame bushing as well as upgraded upper and lower control arms???? I went to the dealership to see if the part numbers were the same for a basic 335i and was told they shared the same part numbers.

I had them look at the price difference for the 335is upper and lower control arms and the M3's control arms. The price difference is $50.00 also I asked the same breakdown for the sub frame bushings and the price difference for the M3 sub frame bushings is $100.00. I want to do the upgrade to the M3 parts that so many on the forum have done with their 335's but I don't want to invest a chunk of money on it if the handling difference is minuscule. Please any insight or info is anyone has upgraded these parts and if it had a noticeable effect on the suspension. Or maybe just replacing the front sway bar with an M3 E93 front sway and keep everything else the same.

Just some background on what I am trying to achieve, I have a daily driver that I want to improve how it handles, I haven't modded the engine, I just have the supreme power strut lowering hats installed and in the future I want to add a FMIC, Dinan Exhaust and maybe the BMW or Dinan performance springs. Unless I should do the suspension stuff later and go with the future mods now. I know it inevitably will be my decision, I can't decide and just want some constructive opinions and advice about what would be the best bang for my buck.

I asked this question in the 335is section just want to cover my bases and post in a bigger forum. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Johnsonuspp; 08-21-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Johnsonuspp is offline   United_States
      08-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
ashmostro
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 335is DCT

I answered your post in the other thread so look there for more detail, but no, the 335is does not have M3 style control arms. No difference between is and i control arms.
2013 335is DCT -- Apex 17x9 ET30 + 255/40-17" Toyo R1R | Quaife LSD | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" FMIC | AFE FBO | RB PCV | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

ashmostro is offline   United_States
      08-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
Johnsonuspp
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 335is Space Gray

Thank you
Johnsonuspp is offline   United_States
      08-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...

Drives: LCI 335i

Time to upgrade to M3 bits! They are worth it from what everyone says.
      08-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
Manxman1950
Private

Drives: 335is Coupe

It depends on what you want to do with the car, but from your post I'm guessing you are not looking for extreme track use, more fast road/occasional track days. If so, the M3 front suspension parts are definitely worth doing, but I wouldn't say they are transformational. I have followed a similar path as you can see from my sig and the best bang for the buck so far has been Whiteline rear subframe bushing inserts, which firm up the rear suspension and allow the shocks/springs to work better. An M3 front sway bar is apparently effective for reasonable $$$.
Much depends on your budget of course - owners who have installed limited slip diffs swear that this is the best single mod you can do, but it is pricey, so you need to be honest with yourself about your goals.
Also think about switching to premium non run flat tires, like Michelin PSS.
Good luck.