E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > '07 E92 335i Bluetooth problem

09-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
BDO
Enlisted Member

Drives: Z4M Roadster

'07 E92 335i Bluetooth problem

The car has the OEM BT system, accessible via iDrive. Everything used to work perfectly with my iPhone 4S, paired the phone once and the car would connect within 3 minutes of driving off.

Lately, it is working sporadically. About 50% of the time, nothing would happen. I've noticed that when this happens (no connections), the BT system in the car would "forget" that the phone is paired - basically, it will show that there are no paired devices. Attempting to put the system into pairing mode and pair with the phone results in the phone not detecting the BMW BT at all.

After switching off the car, leaving it for a while, and then switching on again, it will show the phone in the list of paired devices, and connect with no issues whatsoever.

I don't think that the problem is with the phone, due to the weird behavior described above.

Any way to "reset" the car BT? Any other suggestions, or guesses as to what the problem is? Is it possible that the BT module is failing?