E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede: Is the placeholder code still required?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
135Hoser
Custom User Title
 
135Hoser's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada, Eh

Posts: 261
iTrader: (0)

Procede: Is the placeholder code still required?

In the procede install instructions, it details disconnecting the electrical connection for the flapper valve.

Is this still required on a a rev3?
__________________
2009 135i
AR Resonated DPs, Line Lock Kit | HPF FMIC | Forge DV's | BMW PE | BMS DCI, OCC, JB4 G5 | Meth
Still todo: Wavetrac LSD, Suspension bits
135Hoser is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
 
Ferruccio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 315
iTrader: (0)

I'm actually curious about this, myself. I can't imagine the requirement changing, but, who knows.

Would not doing so mean it's "too late" and disconnecting it would no longer make a difference?
Ferruccio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
The Ghost
Reborn
 
The Ghost's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (1)

+1
I'd love to re-enable the flapper.
The Ghost is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Javier
Major
 
Javier's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

this was only necesarry for CAN clear to work properly... but you don't HAVE to do it..

Car sounds better with the flapper disconected anyways... i unplugged it at the dealership the day i took delivery, never plugged it back in. The don't even notice(or care), when the car goes in for service, not even when it was stock.
__________________
2007 328i Crimson Red *SOLD*
2010 335i MSport AW E92
Javier is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Wedge1967
Banned
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 2,172
iTrader: (3)

+1 Disconnect it and don't look back.... The code is passive and won't trigger dash lights. Dealerships don't care...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
this was only necesarry for CAN clear to work properly... but you don't HAVE to do it..

Car sounds better with the flapper disconected anyways... i unplugged it at the dealership the day i took delivery, never plugged it back in. The don't even notice(or care), when the car goes in for service, not even when it was stock.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
The Ghost
Reborn
 
The Ghost's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
+1 Disconnect it and don't look back.... The code is passive and won't trigger dash lights. Dealerships don't care...
The point is not the flapper code being detected, it's whether or not this is still needed to hide the tuner codes that get generated.
The Ghost is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Wedge1967
Banned
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 2,172
iTrader: (3)

That would be a Shiv question. My point is who cares... How many people do you know who have posted online that the dealership voided their warranty because of a tuner code, especially running a PROcede with CAN Clear enabled?
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
135Hoser
Custom User Title
 
135Hoser's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada, Eh

Posts: 261
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
That would be a Shiv question. My point is who cares... How many people do you know who have posted online that the dealership voided their warranty because of a tuner code, especially running a PROcede with CAN Clear enabled?
So because it isn't on the internet, it never happened?

I'd love to have my flapper back, but am curious how it may affect other aspects of the procede and it's ability to function properly.
__________________
2009 135i
AR Resonated DPs, Line Lock Kit | HPF FMIC | Forge DV's | BMW PE | BMS DCI, OCC, JB4 G5 | Meth
Still todo: Wavetrac LSD, Suspension bits
135Hoser is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
Wedge1967
Banned
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 2,172
iTrader: (3)

Hahah.... Funny! Where have you been, don't you know big twins are going to make 900 hp on pump gas....

As most people know, the documentation is not completely up-to-date. But, hopefully Shiv can chime in and answer this question. I shot him a message so if I hear back from him before he comments on this, I'll let everyone know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Hoser View Post
So because it isn't on the internet, it never happened?

I'd love to have my flapper back, but am curious how it may affect other aspects of the procede and it's ability to function properly.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
135Hoser
Custom User Title
 
135Hoser's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada, Eh

Posts: 261
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Hahah.... Funny! Where have you been, don't you know big twins are going to make 900 hp on pump gas....

As most people know, the documentation is not completely up-to-date. But, hopefully Shiv can chime in and answer this question. I shot him a message so if I hear back from him before he comments on this, I'll let everyone know...
Thought they only made 700rwhp in taiwan...

Appreciate you pm'ing shiv though. Hope to get a follow up on this, and I should check on why DCI's fix a lean issue on the stock airbox.
__________________
2009 135i
AR Resonated DPs, Line Lock Kit | HPF FMIC | Forge DV's | BMW PE | BMS DCI, OCC, JB4 G5 | Meth
Still todo: Wavetrac LSD, Suspension bits
135Hoser is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
Wedge1967
Banned
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 2,172
iTrader: (3)

We all know 700 rwhp is obtainable as long as you have a big enough turbo(s) and lots of meth. But how does it drive? I can tell you the big single doesn't drive much different from my stock twins. Boost onset is about the same and peak torque is about the same, the only difference is the fact it keeps pulling harder to redline. Last thing I want is a 700 rwhp car that falls on it face until 4000 rpm and then makes so much power it's not drivable.

Not sure why the DCI would fix a lean issue.

Nothing yet, but I didn't txt him on a Friday night. LOL Even Shiv has a life... Well, we think he does... Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Hoser View Post
Thought they only made 700rwhp in taiwan...

Appreciate you pm'ing shiv though. Hope to get a follow up on this, and I should check on why DCI's fix a lean issue on the stock airbox.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST