E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just replaced windshield, now cracked AGAIN!

09-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
God dammit that just sucks brother.
This is my worst fear. I just came through with a new windshield myself not too long ago. My new windshield was put in by JMK BMW in Springfield New Jersey.
I wouldn't trust anyone else to do it. It is BMW OEM glass and they did an impeccable job. GEICO wanted to bullshit me and get some Safelite ghetto glass in.
I know Safelite does great work but I can't trust this car to anything but BMW OEM parts. GEICO came through though, with just a 50$ difference between what I paid over my 500$ deductable. Good job GEICO!
It's kind of funny that you tell them good job, when all they did was what they were supposed to do?

I had the lizard co. at the time and they did try to get me to do Safelite. In the end, I simply paid my deductible which was $200 and got the OEM BMW Saint Gobain Sekurit.

If your deductible is $500, you should pay $500, nothing more. It's more like good job, lizard agent, for getting you to pay a little bit more. That's what you call the upsell.
I forgot the sarcasm switch John - they originally didn't even want to pay for the JMK body shop to begin with and I had to really go back and forth a bit.

The extra hour of labor is an overcharge they claim.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #24
EQUANT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 320d

New windshield is now installed. I just hope this one (3rd) will last longer.
I went for a OE model, total cost was ~250 Euros, fitted. Sensors were not included - light/rain sensor was reused, condensation sensor was also reused, although it doesn't 'stick' as well as when it was new.