E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Did I install BMS DCI Correctly?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Did I install BMS DCI Correctly?

My pics





The filter doesn't really seem to be touching the other, is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
244
Rep
18,339
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Seems ok.

But just to reiterate the proper way; the black pipe needs to go into the stock tubing as car as it can go, and you only want to put the filter into that black piping about an inch. If you put the filter too far down the black pipe you lose flow on the filter.

It's not the most intuitive design or the easiest on the eyes but it does work. Some people prefer the AFE or Injen just for a cleaner look.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Seems ok.

But just to reiterate the proper way; the black pipe needs to go into the stock tubing as car as it can go, and you only want to put the filter into that black piping about an inch. If you put the filter too far down the black pipe you lose flow on the filter.
hm, yea i think my filters are fine, but as for the piping into the stock tubing, its weird, some people's pics I see that the filter semi touches the other, where as mines arent at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
244
Rep
18,339
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie View Post
hm, yea i think my filters are fine, but as for the piping into the stock tubing, its weird, some people's pics I see that the filter semi touches the other, where as mines arent at all.
Perhaps you need to pull the filters out of the tubing more. In reality, I've seen about 60+ BMW 135i/335i in my life and nobodys DCI looks the same
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Perhaps you need to pull the filters out of the tubing more. In reality, I've seen about 60+ BMW 135i/335i in my life and nobodys DCI looks the same
got ya, probably will do that, such a bitch cause my hands are big as hell. lol thanks Jeff
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,679
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

thay rear intake is just a joy to seat properly and tighten eh? they look fine, as was said everyones dci seem to sit a little differently.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
thay rear intake is just a joy to seat properly and tighten eh? they look fine, as was said everyones dci seem to sit a little differently.
thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Get the cones in a little deeper. IF you can, PM sleepy_bimmer (he's a Philly guy) & check out his DCI setup. He probably will be able to help you too.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Get the cones in a little deeper. IF you can, PM sleepy_bimmer (he's a Philly guy) & check out his DCI setup. He probably will be able to help you too.
deeper which way? the piping is pretty deep into the stock tubings on both ends and the filters are in a good amount also. I was just wondering because it seems like from other pics people kind of have one cone (rear) sitting on top of the other a bit where as mines don't even touch.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie View Post
deeper which way? the piping is pretty deep into the stock tubings on both ends and the filters are in a good amount also. I was just wondering because it seems like from other pics people kind of have one cone (rear) sitting on top of the other a bit where as mines don't even touch.
If you can jam them all the way in the accordion tubing, do it. The back cone is the 1st one that should go in & is a royal bitch. It's usually a little easier if you have one person handle the cone & another holding the intake tubing.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
If you can jam them all the way in the accordion tubing, do it. The back cone is the 1st one that should go in & is a royal bitch. It's usually a little easier if you have one person handle the cone & another holding the intake tubing.
do u have pics of ur install?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie View Post
do u have pics of ur install?
I have an aFe DCI -- Won't really help
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
straightcashhomie's Avatar
13
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I have an aFe DCI -- Won't really help
ah okay, lol hows it in the summer when its a lot hotter?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie View Post
ah okay, lol hows it in the summer when its a lot hotter?
Intake you won't notice in the summer. If you want consistent hot weather performance, upgrade your FMIC or get Meth. The OEM FMIC is awful at IAT reduction & gets heatsoaked really quickly.

Luckily it's been consistent 50s/60s and will only get cooler, so got some time to save money & get a quality FMIC before Spring 2013 gets here.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
slostjoe
NEWBICON
United_States
4
Rep
306
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Springfield, MO

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Perhaps you need to pull the filters out of the tubing more. In reality, I've seen about 60+ BMW 135i/335i in my life and nobodys DCI looks the same
Haha same here!
__________________
2013 Race Red GT500 708whp
www.cmsmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST