Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Sweet deal locally....will it work???



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Dr 335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i sedan with M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Sweet deal locally....will it work???

I have done some research on the forum, and I am not very optimistic but thought I would get a definitive opinion from those who know......


There is a great deal locally for some Alufelgen SF-71 wheels on Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires from what looks like an E90 M3

The seller states they are:

Rear size : 275/35/19 (Between 4 And 5 32'nds)
Front size: 255/35/19 (Between 6 And 7 32nd's)
ET : 15
5x120mm

Is there anyway that these would fit my 2009 335i sedan with M-sport package???

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions
Dr 335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Rmk392
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philly

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

i doubt it ..those are very very aggressive for a non-m3. what are the widths
Rmk392 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Dr 335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i sedan with M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

I will check and get back to you

Thanks for the reply
Dr 335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
AllBlackBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i E90
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central PA area

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

depends how much work you want to get them to fit...

... if you are looking for an "affordable" setup, do NOT buy wheels with ET15...

...you will spend even more money dialing in the camber, rolling fenders, trimming felt, etc than what it is worth.

...if you want seriously poked wheels and stretched tires, you can def make this setup work... some on here have some EXTREME setups with even more aggressive wheels.
__________________
2008 328i E90 Jet Black:6MT:Premium:Sport:Walnut/Black interior:Xenon:MTEC V3 AEs:19" Beyern Mesh:35% Tint:Blacklines:OEM Front Splitters
AllBlackBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Dr 335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i sedan with M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmk392 View Post
i doubt it ..those are very very aggressive for a non-m3. what are the widths
I am told 8.5 front and 9.5 rear
Dr 335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Dr 335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i sedan with M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
depends how much work you want to get them to fit...

... if you are looking for an "affordable" setup, do NOT buy wheels with ET15...

...you will spend even more money dialing in the camber, rolling fenders, trimming felt, etc than what it is worth.

...if you want seriously poked wheels and stretched tires, you can def make this setup work... some on here have some EXTREME setups with even more aggressive wheels.

I am getting the impression that this reply sums it up nicely. Anything is possible, but I am looking for something easy and affordable and this may not be it.

Thanks so much for the replies guys
Dr 335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
Rmk392
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philly

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr 335 View Post
I am told 8.5 front and 9.5 rear
yea that is very aggressive and will be work a lot of work as others have said. There are always wheels coming up for sale so I would wait to find the right offset.
Rmk392 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
AllBlackBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i E90
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central PA area

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr 335 View Post
I am getting the impression that this reply sums it up nicely. Anything is possible, but I am looking for something easy and affordable and this may not be it.

Thanks so much for the replies guys
check my wheels out... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735278

Needless to say, these were "very" affordable wheels. I was nervous about 19s on PA roads so I wasn't ready to shelll out $ for NEW 19s, and wanted to give a set a "trial"... so far so good.

I paid less than $800 total mounted and balanced. Wheels are not perfect by any means, front right slight bend, and some of the clear coat on the lips is coming off, but for the price i paid, good enough for me... for now.

... that 800 bucks included buying 2 NEW tires, and 2 95% tread rear tires. (all matching - they are Nexen's which are cheaper tires, but have had NO issues and they work great for daily driving) and we all know 19" tires are NOT cheap.

Good luck, craigslist is your friend.
__________________
2008 328i E90 Jet Black:6MT:Premium:Sport:Walnut/Black interior:Xenon:MTEC V3 AEs:19" Beyern Mesh:35% Tint:Blacklines:OEM Front Splitters
AllBlackBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
 
flip4335's Avatar
 
Drives: like it's rented
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the wheel

Posts: 1,828
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr 335 View Post
There is a great deal locally for some Alufelgen SF-71 wheels on Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires from what looks like an E90 M3

The seller states they are:

Rear size : 275/35/19 (Between 4 And 5 32'nds)
Front size: 255/35/19 (Between 6 And 7 32nd's)
ET : 15
5x120mm

Is there anyway that these would fit my 2009 335i sedan with M-sport package???
Too much rubber for 3-series, which are usually 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear and et30 max for lci M-sport.

Here is a shot of my OEM 219M wheels taken off an M3: notice how close to the fenders they are at et29 front and et23 rear? OBTW, my M3 wheels are 18s.

__________________

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
flip4335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Dr 335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i sedan with M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
check my wheels out... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735278

Needless to say, these were "very" affordable wheels. I was nervous about 19s on PA roads so I wasn't ready to shelll out $ for NEW 19s, and wanted to give a set a "trial"... so far so good.

I paid less than $800 total mounted and balanced. Wheels are not perfect by any means, front right slight bend, and some of the clear coat on the lips is coming off, but for the price i paid, good enough for me... for now.

... that 800 bucks included buying 2 NEW tires, and 2 95% tread rear tires. (all matching - they are Nexen's which are cheaper tires, but have had NO issues and they work great for daily driving) and we all know 19" tires are NOT cheap.

Good luck, craigslist is your friend.
Saw your car. Looks good

I agree with you about keeping an eye on craigslist. Thanks
Dr 335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Dr 335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i sedan with M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
Too much rubber for 3-series, which are usually 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear and et30 max for lci M-sport.

Here is a shot of my OEM 219M wheels taken off an M3: notice how close to the fenders they are at et29 front and et23 rear? OBTW, my M3 wheels are 18s.

That picture is worth a thousand words..... So the most aggressive you would go would be ET 30 or higher for a e90 LCI sedan M-sport. Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks again everyone for your help
Dr 335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
 
flip4335's Avatar
 
Drives: like it's rented
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the wheel

Posts: 1,828
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr 335 View Post
That picture is worth a thousand words..... So the most aggressive you would go would be ET 30 or higher for a e90 LCI sedan M-sport. Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks again everyone for your help
Thanks.

As for lci offset, I would double check that because the lci e90s have a wider track in the rear, so some might even say to stay away from anything lower than et30-32, but I think that would be a safe offset without it looking too ridiculously outside the fender (j/k)...OBTW, I have Hankooks on my rims, too.

I also bought my M3 wheels second- or third-hand from a fellow forum member. I love the 18s because I have enough rubber protecting the rims from the pothole-laden, nation's capital roads in Wash, DC.

I also got a second set of 269 reps from SonicTuning that you might want to consider because they have the et32F/et30 offset in 18-inch wheels for around $499 or so...I got Conti DWS for winter set, considering the winters here are not as extreme. Also, at 8-inch front, 9-inch rear, you could stay with the 225/40F, 255/35R tire size and save some money, or go plus size to 235/40F, 265/35R to add more rubber (sidewall).

They also have coilovers at a reasonable price. Check out the web site:

http://www.sonictuning.com/wheels/bm...set-5x120.html

Good luck, man, and I hope you find a nice set of rims for your ride.
__________________

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570

Last edited by flip4335; 10-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.
flip4335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST