E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Just bought a gt3!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
86
Rep
5,415
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

I wish I could snap like that and buy a GT3! Congrats.

My dream car is actually a 997.2 Turbo, although I would gladly have the GT3 as well. That thing just looks perfect. Anyone else more of a Turbo fan over the GT3?
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #24
Ghetto2315
Major
United_States
32
Rep
1,288
Posts

 
Drives: Like I Stole It...
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The REAL Jersey Shore

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I wish I could snap like that and buy a GT3! Congrats.

My dream car is actually a 997.2 Turbo, although I would gladly have the GT3 as well. That thing just looks perfect. Anyone else more of a Turbo fan over the GT3?
A huge fan of both. If it's a daily or just for the street, I am getting a Turbo. If I'm tracking, it'll be aGT3
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #25
335 oClock
MOE
335 oClock's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
2,530
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to 335 oClock
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Anytime let me know.
no ... way... when ever you have time bro, I would love to check it out!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
GammaZeta
Captain
12
Rep
856
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ma

iTrader: (1)

This is my "attainable" dream car. Somthing I may actually be able to buy in a short amount of time. Obviously I would like a 550 Spyder, but I'm never going to have $5 million sitting around.

However....freakin Porsche decides to put the new 991 GT3 as PDK only!!!!!

This mean, like the 993 prices, that these will probably go UP in value because it is the last of the stick shifts.

Why couldn't Porsche have waited one more generation?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 oClock View Post
FML! CONGRATS! that is my dream car.... let me drive it I live in LA too
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Anytime let me know.
What a nice guy!!!

Congrats on your Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
104
Rep
7,066
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

Real drivers car !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #29
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys for all your responses. This is my dream car and all the hard work I have put into my small business has finally paid of and now I'm able to live my dream. I know what it's like to dream work hard and not have everything handed to you on a silver platter. Thanks again guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Here is another pic I managed to attach directly from my iPhone. I'm fixing to paint the wheels black. If anyone knows anyone reliable please pm me. Thanks.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #31
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
This is my "attainable" dream car. Somthing I may actually be able to buy in a short amount of time. Obviously I would like a 550 Spyder, but I'm never going to have $5 million sitting around.

However....freakin Porsche decides to put the new 991 GT3 as PDK only!!!!!

This mean, like the 993 prices, that these will probably go UP in value because it is the last of the stick shifts.

Why couldn't Porsche have waited one more generation?
The 991 gt3 will be pdk only? Are you sure or is this just a rumor?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #32
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E93 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Here is another pic I managed to attach directly from my iPhone. I'm fixing to paint the wheels black. If anyone knows anyone reliable please pm me. Thanks.

PM me your contact info. That person I mentioned with the shop in West LA can probably do the paint work for you, as he only works on high-end cars. He actually has a set of carbon fiber wheels (1 piece - they are RIDICULOUSLY light - I literally picked it up with one hand without a problem) on his Black GT3 RS 4.0. Not sure if you want to spend the money on those (they are not cheap!) but it might be an alternative to the paint. Either way please PM me your contact info and I'll be in touch about this and in general. I'll also send you a link to his Facebook page so you can see some pics of his GT3 RS 4.0 + the wheels...

Thanks,
Jeremy
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E93 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Thanks guys for all your responses. This is my dream car and all the hard work I have put into my small business has finally paid of and now I'm able to live my dream. I know what it's like to dream work hard and not have everything handed to you on a silver platter. Thanks again guys.

Congrats. I'm a full-time cash flow investor (real estate + other) and it took me MANY years (10+) for me to build up my business, so can I completely relate. There is nothing more satisfying than earning it. Congrats - you probably chose the best car for the money (literally) and possibly the best out there right now...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #34
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
PM me your contact info. That person I mentioned with the shop in West LA can probably do the paint work for you, as he only works on high-end cars. He actually has a set of carbon fiber wheels (1 piece - they are RIDICULOUSLY light - I literally picked it up with one hand without a problem) on his Black GT3 RS 4.0. Not sure if you want to spend the money on those (they are not cheap!) but it might be an alternative to the paint. Either way please PM me your contact info and I'll be in touch about this and in general. I'll also send you a link to his Facebook page so you can see some pics of his GT3 RS 4.0 + the wheels...

Thanks,
Jeremy
Is his shop off sepulveda and Olympic?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #35
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
Congrats. I'm a full-time cash flow investor (real estate + other) and it took me MANY years (10+) for me to build up my business, so can I completely relate. There is nothing more satisfying than earning it. Congrats - you probably chose the best car for the money (literally) and possibly the best out there right now...
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #36
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E93 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Is his shop off sepulveda and Olympic?

He was a long-time partner in one of the shops in that location. He split up with his partner and opened a new shop that is near Bundy and Olympic... Feel free to PM me your contact info and we'll discuss...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #37
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

wow awesome!!!!!

I'm actually looking for one... would you mind PMing me what you paid?

I am seeing a million different prices..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #38
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
nice!
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #39
ianbiz
4th E90
ianbiz's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,136
Posts

 
Drives: German
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne/Orlando, Florida

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
As much as love a GT3 (and the RS) in flamboyant colors, I dig this in white. Congrats on the purchase!
__________________
Ian
06 325 06 330 06 330 07 335 11 335 Msport
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #40
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
As much as love a GT3 (and the RS) in flamboyant colors, I dig this in white. Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks. I originally wanted a silver one but white looks sick too.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #41
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Nang Vann's Avatar
16
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

That's nice as!
__________________
Moving on up!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #42
amgthis
Tire Racks
amgthis's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,228
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M Coupè
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

You are driving my dream car. In the color I want. You earned it buddy. Congrats! I hope I can buy something like that in a couple of years.
__________________
Alpine White 1M Coupè
Gone:2006 Alpine White E46 M3 ZCP RIP
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #43
TVMA Doc
Captain
TVMA Doc's Avatar
7
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Did you get it for hauling capacity?

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #44
spr
Lieutenant
4
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

You guys are talking about Tom and Arling huh? haha.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST