E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fueling Question

01-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Captain Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Fueling Question

Hey guys,

I've had an E90 335I for a few years now and CPO warranty ran out last summer. I’ve decided it's time to tune and just had a few questions.

I've got most of the parts either on hand or incoming now; ER Charge pipe, Tial BOV, Macht Schnell coated downpipes, ATM intercooler, Rob Beck PCV valve, new plugs and vac lines. Pretty much FBO less an intake which I’m going to wait a bit on. I think I’m going to do everything but the downpipes myself. Last week I flashed the MHD stage 1 93 octane tune.

I was also thinking of doing Rob Beck inlets and MMP outlets. I’m not planning on running meth. I run 94 octane and have access to E85 which I just added a few litres of for the first time on my last fill. I don’t think I’ll be running E40 regularly as the only place I can get it is not close, but I might like to run it once in a while.

My goal is to make as much power as I can running FBO and stock turbo’s with a safe tune that isn’t too aggressive. I’m planning on getting a custom Wedge tune once everything is installed.

So I guess I have 2 questions. First, are there any obvious upgrades that I haven’t considered that would give a good return on investment? The second is in regard to the inlets and outlets. With everything installed and running 94+ octane, if I added inlets and outlets would that change my fueling requirements, ie. would I need to upgrade fuel pumps, or would I be okay with the stock fuel pumps? At what point does fueling become an issue if I don’t run meth or anything over E40? If I do the inlets and outlets I’ll probably have those installed professionally at the same time as the downpipes.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Appreciate 0