E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > TPM Sensor Issues

10-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Ch0zen

Drives: 2009 335i

TPM Sensor Issues

I bought a 2009 CPO E90 back in Mid August and everything was great. Around early/mid September I started to get a TPM Sensor Malfunction. My car has been in the shop for about 2 weeks now and it is getting really frustrating.

I didn't buy a CPO car for all this to happen. They can't figure out the issue, they switched out all the sensors already, moved the module receiver, and changed out the wire harnessing and the issue is still there.

If they can't fix the issue, when is it considered that the car is a lemon? Is it possible for me to get a full refund back on the car?

Any info would be great, i love driving this car and would be even happy with a replacement one
      10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
1lyfe
Major

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

if you don't have Idrive the reset process is pretty confusing...that might be where your problem is.
turn your car on and use the BC button to go to the tire pressure option.
hit the BC once and then press and hold it until you get the actual reset dialog on your dash.
I spent weeks frustrated from the warning light and manually checking the tires until I figured this out
1lyfe is online now   Canada
      10-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
Ch0zen

Drives: 2009 335i

I do have iDrive and i tried reseting it multiple times before bring the car in for service. First time i got it back as soon as i drove off the lot the TPM error came back. Turned right back around tried reseting too with no luck.they said its fixed now and i can pick it up, i'm really hoping it is fixed.

But lets say this issue continues, what are my chances of getting a refund on the car?