E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > What Sat Nav do I Have ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
VasJ
Enlisted Member
 
VasJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 58 320d M-Sport & 62 F30 320d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

Posts: 36
iTrader: (1)

What Sat Nav do I Have ?

Sorry for the stupid question but im a complete E90 noob .So my question is what type of Sat Nav do i have ? CIC or CCC ? Mine looks identical to the one on the pic below . The only thing different is the I-drive controller , mines got only 1 "MENU" button , everything else is the same. The car production date in 26/09/08 PRE-LCI
And i would like to know is it possible to upgrade the screen with the bigger one withou swapping the dvd drive ? Also is there any firmware updates or anything for my car?
Thanks

VasJ is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
 
Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Irvine

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasJ
Sorry for the stupid question but im a complete E90 noob .So my question is what type of Sat Nav do i have ? CIC or CCC ? Mine looks identical to the one on the pic below . The only thing different is the I-drive controller , mines got only 1 "MENU" button , everything else is the same. The car production date in 26/09/08 PRE-LCI
And i would like to know is it possible to upgrade the screen with the bigger one withou swapping the dvd drive ? Also is there any firmware updates or anything for my car?
Thanks

Pretty sure you got the older CCC iDrive (just by single menu button and production year), and nope no "recent" firmware upgrades.
nicky dj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 335Cic, 2011 X5 35i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (14)

CCC with the one button controller, the other sure way to tell is the older CCC units have 2 slots for CD/DVD's one above the row of buttons like in the picture and one below. Since the newer CIC uses a hard drive it doesn't need the 2nd DVD drive for the map DVD.
__________________

2008 E93 335i, GIAC Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1
roadkillrob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
VasJ
Enlisted Member
 
VasJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 58 320d M-Sport & 62 F30 320d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

Posts: 36
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
CCC with the one button controller, the other sure way to tell is the older CCC units have 2 slots for CD/DVD's one above the row of buttons like in the picture and one below. Since the newer CIC uses a hard drive it doesn't need the 2nd DVD drive for the map DVD.
Well how comes mines got one CD drive only and does not require the DVD maps to be in all the time in order to use the Sat-Nav?
Anyway , here is an exact picture of what i got.
Attached Images
  
VasJ is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
 
Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Irvine

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

It looks like you just have iDrive without the navigation, your screen looks smaller, that's how I can tell. My buddy had a 5-series that was identical. My screen on my coupe is larger than that with navigation. Go to your main/home screen to get a better idea.
nicky dj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 335Cic, 2011 X5 35i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (14)

That is the older ccc screen cic has a round graphic for radio tuning.

We only got the professional version with maps in the US, does yours have maps or just the arrow display for nav, assuming the later, think you only get the second drive with professional nav.
__________________

2008 E93 335i, GIAC Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1
roadkillrob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
VasJ
Enlisted Member
 
VasJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 58 320d M-Sport & 62 F30 320d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

Posts: 36
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
It looks like you just have iDrive without the navigation, your screen looks smaller, that's how I can tell. My buddy had a 5-series that was identical. My screen on my coupe is larger than that with navigation. Go to your main/home screen to get a better idea.
I deffo got the sat nav as well cuz i used it quite a few times now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
That is the older ccc screen cic has a round graphic for radio tuning.

We only got the professional version with maps in the US, does yours have maps or just the arrow display for nav, assuming the later, think you only get the second drive with professional nav.
Yeah the sat nav is showing the maps as well , not just an arrow .

Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the screen to the bigger one without swapping the nav-drive?
VasJ is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 335Cic, 2011 X5 35i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (14)

Interesting, wonder how they did the NAV without a Map DVD or HD, has to be storing the maps somewhere.

It would appear you could just pull the screen out and replace with the larger CCC screen - there are just 2 connectors and even when you go to CCC from CIC screen, it uses the same wires on a different plug and then an additional optical cable. I would bet you could swap in the larger screen without issue, but I would contact maybe bimmerretrofit.com as they know there stuff and might be able to tell you what needs to happen and help you get the parts if needed.
__________________

2008 E93 335i, GIAC Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1
roadkillrob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 608
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasJ View Post
Sorry for the stupid question but im a complete E90 noob .So my question is what type of Sat Nav do i have ? CIC or CCC ? Mine looks identical to the one on the pic below . The only thing different is the I-drive controller , mines got only 1 "MENU" button , everything else is the same. The car production date in 26/09/08 PRE-LCI
And i would like to know is it possible to upgrade the screen with the bigger one withou swapping the dvd drive ? Also is there any firmware updates or anything for my car?
Thanks

Dear Sir,

If the system that you have in your vehicle is from factory (and not a retrofit), we should be able to tell you if you have CCC or CIC by looking at your VIN #. You can send the your VIN # and your question to Kate at info@bimmerretrofit.com

Thanks,

Kate.
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST