E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > your thoughts on this jb4 log

01-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
tommyboy0120
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

your thoughts on this jb4 log

please take a look, I'm on map1 jb4 g4 with vrsf downpipe and intercooler.

It looks like there is over boost because the targeted boost is 13.5. There also seems to be a lot of throttle closure. What is going on here?
Attached Images

01-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
Gizm0
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i 6mt

Attach your log file... And a list of mods would help.
      01-16-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
RSL
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

Boosting over target, active DSC/DTC, etc. will close the throttle. You're way over target for a long time. JB4 logs in particular are way easier for everyone to digest when uploaded to datazap.me FYI
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
tommyboy0120
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
Boosting over target, active DSC/DTC, etc. will close the throttle. You're way over target for a long time. JB4 logs in particular are way easier for everyone to digest when uploaded to datazap.me FYI
it is definitely over target for a long time. What are some causes for the car to overboost?
      01-17-2015, 05:20 AM   #5
RSL
Private
Rep

Any number of things, but the obvious to question is hardware (wastegates, boost control solenoids, vacuum lines, etc) or something with the JB4 settings. For whatever reason, the wastegates aren't opening fast enough or far enough to reduce spool. IIRC, you can play around with the wastegate settings in the JB4 interface, though I don't think that effects actual boost control in any way, just the default positions.

Do you have a backend flash? Do you have codes enabled? Are you getting any codes? Does it occur on other maps? What about map 0 or 4? Are you on the newly released hex? I though I read somewhere there was a bug in one of the recent versions.

Check the other forums for the JB4 menu list, interface setting options and more specific JB4 help.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
tommyboy0120
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Any number of things, but the obvious to question is hardware (wastegates, boost control solenoids, vacuum lines, etc) or something with the JB4 settings. For whatever reason, the wastegates aren't opening fast enough or far enough to reduce spool. IIRC, you can play around with the wastegate settings in the JB4 interface, though I don't think that effects actual boost control in any way, just the default positions.

Do you have a backend flash? Do you have codes enabled? Are you getting any codes? Does it occur on other maps? What about map 0 or 4? Are you on the newly released hex? I though I read somewhere there was a bug in one of the recent versions.

Check the other forums for the JB4 menu list, interface setting options and more specific JB4 help.

no backend flash, just jb4 g4 map 1. i think the age of the wastegates are not allowing it to open quick enough
      01-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
RSL
Private
Rep

There are a lot of links in the chain, it doesn't have to be the wastegates themselves. I'd start with eliminating the easy things. Try different maps and see if it repeatedly overshoots like that across 2-3 pulls, check settings in the JB4, update the JB4 firmware to the latest, check the condition of vacuum lines, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
tommyboy0120
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There are a lot of links in the chain, it doesn't have to be the wastegates themselves. I'd start with eliminating the easy things. Try different maps and see if it repeatedly overshoots like that across 2-3 pulls, check settings in the JB4, update the JB4 firmware to the latest, check the condition of vacuum lines, etc.
all maps overboost, jb4 firmware is the latest
      01-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #9
RSL
Private
Rep

I haven't used the JB4 in quite a while, not sure what they changed in the firmware/interface since, but there used to be WG adaption, PID gain, etc. settings in the interface. If you haven't disabled code autoclear, I would, and see if any are popping up. At least it would point you in the a direction. Short of that, I'd contact Terry directly or post your logs/issues where B M S offers direct support.

Did you install everything at once? Wondering if maybe the DP clamps are interfering with the WG actuator opening fully.
Appreciate 0