E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Heated Seats Turning Off Right After Turning On

02-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #23
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
See my question about whether replacement batteries were registered.

The IBS just needs to THINK the battery is low to shut things down. 75% of the people on this forum think they're smarter than BMW and that battery registration is an unnecessary cash grab.

Down the road, issues like THIS are exactly what will start to crop up.

If you've got INPA, read your IBS page and see what the battery management system thinks of the battery. There should also be shadow codes showing if the IBS system shut down the loads.

I'm not saying it's definitely the problem, but it's something to talk about...
I believe your theory too. Everyone that says they never did it and never had a problem are the ones looking at batteries dying or not, not looking at these weird electrical quirks. I didn't trust my Indy even though he said it was registered, after the battery went bad within 6 months, I got a new one and registered it myself thanks to the post on here to do it free. Just hope that program was legit too lol
      05-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #24
reidyboy
Registered

Drives: 320D Touring

Heated Seat Lights

Hi there, did anyone solve this issue as I have just done a heated seat retrofit including new switches, fuses and coding and I get the same. With ignition on the lights stay on but the seats do not heat up. with engine running the lights come on for a second and then go straight off again. Happens on both driver and passenger side!
reidyboy is offline   United Kingdom
      05-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #25
eogintz
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Hi,

Experienced the exact problem this past winter on a cold snowy night in New Jersey.

Went home and put car on BMW battery tender for the night. I was also advised by another member of this forum to wait a couple of minutes after starting to put seat heaters on. Did all of this and tested seat heater everyday throughout the rest of the winter and no problems at all. I have now been putting car on battery tender twice a week.
Ed
      05-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
Kellen
Private

Drives: E92 328xi

There is a recall for this. Had it fixed while under warranty and never had an issue since.

Kellen
      05-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #27
daMau
Private First Class

Drives: '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
There is a recall for this. Had it fixed while under warranty and never had an issue since.

Kellen
By chance have a TSB # or additional information? I am out of warranty so it would need to be a recall for me to take advantage.
      05-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #28
Kellen
Private

Drives: E92 328xi

My mistake, it was for the heated steering wheel, same problem with it turning off. If you have the heated steering wheel and it is turning off as well, may as get the TSB as it may fix it.

Here is a link to the thread with the TSB http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195506
      09-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #29
tobypic
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI

Did you find what problem it was? I have the same problem right now and can't find any information of this problem until now. let me know if you figured out !

Toby
tobypic is offline   United_States