Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Run Flats for Avant Garde 359s??



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Exterminador
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 435i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Run Flats for Avant Garde 359s??

I am looking to buy these wheels but not sure what size tires I should run on them and if they are available in RFTs. I hate changing flats and I don't want to carry a spare tire and jack around.

Anybody?
Exterminador is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Sean@PYSpeed.com
 
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 8,956
iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
PLEASE DONT!
Most of our customers opt for new wheels because they want to get rid of the runflat and the oem look.
Sean@PYSpeed.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Exterminador
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 435i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
PLEASE DONT!
Most of our customers opt for new wheels because they want to get rid of the runflat and the oem look.
Why not??
Exterminador is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
 
VTECaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Posts: 4,619
iTrader: (4)

There are 19" RFTs for sure in 225/35 and 255/30 since that's the OEM size BMW uses for E9x 19" wheels. The problem is the OEM E9x 19" wheels are 19x8 front and 19x8.5 rear. AG M359 are 19x9 and 19x10, and people generally run 235/35 and 265/30 on aftermarket 19's. Not sure if you can get the RFTs to stretch that much, since RFTs are supposed to be a pain to mount even on OEM wheel sizes.

Just run regular tires. Buy a plug kit and compressor if you're worried. Even if you have to call a tow truck, you'll probably still come out cheaper with regular tires than getting 19" RFTs.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
VTECaddict is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Exterminador
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 435i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
There are 19" RFTs for sure in 225/35 and 255/30 since that's the OEM size BMW uses for E9x 19" wheels. The problem is the OEM E9x 19" wheels are 19x8 front and 19x8.5 rear. AG M359 are 19x9 and 19x10, and people generally run 235/35 and 265/30 on aftermarket 19's. Not sure if you can get the RFTs to stretch that much, since RFTs are supposed to be a pain to mount even on OEM wheel sizes.

Just run regular tires. Buy a plug kit and compressor if you're worried. Even if you have to call a tow truck, you'll probably still come out cheaper with regular tires than getting 19" RFTs.
I know everyone will think that I'm retarded or something but I really love the RFTs. I hate changing tires!!

But those 359m's are beautiful.
Exterminador is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
 
mlifxs's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,735
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exterminador View Post
I know everyone will think that I'm retarded or something but I really love the RFTs. I hate changing tires!!

But those 359m's are beautiful.
Dude you bought a BMW therefore you are smart person.
I switched to non-rft. I hate to change tires too but so far it hasn't been a problem. I've taken two nails and it was no big deal to plug. Rft's can go flat too. Are your roads that bad?

Agree those 359's are nice.
mlifxs is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
Exterminador
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 435i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
Dude you bought a BMW therefore you are smart person.
I switched to non-rft. I hate to change tires too but so far it hasn't been a problem. I've taken two nails and it was no big deal to plug. Rft's can go flat too. Are your roads that bad?

Agree those 359's are nice.
Yes, unfortunately in Puerto Rico we are not known for having the nicest roads
Exterminador is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST