2219 Magnaflow or Eisenmann Race

  E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Magnaflow or Eisenmann Race



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Nate*
Private
0

 
Nate*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami


Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Magnaflow or Eisenmann Race

I wanted to know if anyone could inform me on which exhaust would produce the best sound and performance gains between the Magnaflow #16537 and the Eisenmann Race Exhaust (both for the 328i).

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
70

 
Drives: '06 AW 330xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Jersey/Philly/NYC


Posts: 7,090
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
I would say magnaflow because it's cat back.

Unless you get mid pipes for the Eisenmann, I think all you'll get is sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Donia330i
Major
United_States
11

 
Donia330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i SGM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (7)

Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
SV Concepts II
United_States
60

 
SV Concepts II's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F Campbell, CA 95008


Posts: 6,095
iTrader: (7)

+1 for Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
15

 
RupertPupkin's Avatar
 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East


Posts: 1,534
iTrader: (5)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...eisenmann+race
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
70

 
Drives: '06 AW 330xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Jersey/Philly/NYC


Posts: 7,090
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
This guy has sr pipes too.

I would go with Eisenmann if I got the whole setup, catback. Otherwise, the magnaflow will have better performance.

The Magnaflow 16537 is a full catback exhaust, not just a muffler, like the Eisenmann Race.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Nate*
Private
0

 
Nate*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami


Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
This guy has sr pipes too.

I would go with Eisenmann if I got the whole setup, catback. Otherwise, the magnaflow will have better performance.

The Magnaflow 16537 is a full catback exhaust, not just a muffler, like the Eisenmann Race.
I'm guessing that the Eisenmann Race Exhaust + catback would put me at around $1,500-$2,000 total in cost correct? Compared to the Magnaflow 16537 that is a full exhaust system for less than $1,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
That sounds great!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
milly
Captain
United_States
7

 
milly's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charleston, SC


Posts: 785
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [4.50]
Make sure not to order from gthaus.com. Their scammers.
__________________
Black 2008 328i e90-BMW Performance CF Strut Bar/Muffler delete/8000k Fogs Fogs/Trunk Spoiler/5% Tint/BlueTooth/JVC HU/AG M359 Wheels/Matte Black kidney grills/H&R Race Springs/Koni Yellows/Orion V2 Angel Eyes/EuroCharged Tune/
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
70

 
Drives: '06 AW 330xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Jersey/Philly/NYC


Posts: 7,090
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate* View Post
I'm guessing that the Eisenmann Race Exhaust + catback would put me at around $1,500-$2,000 total in cost correct? Compared to the Magnaflow 16537 that is a full exhaust system for less than $1,000.


That sounds great!
This guy said it was $2350. That was a year ago though so idk what the price is like now.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460879
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
ModBargains III
Lieutenant
United_States
4

 
Drives: E92 335i, 135i, E46 M3, 540i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, 90631 La Habra, CA


Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

I would personally go with Eisenmann Race
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
46

 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea


Posts: 4,621
iTrader: (28)

YAAAY I got referred haha.

I should do drive by videos instead of being parked.
I've been reading the newer Eisenmann race mufflers are being made quieter now. The one I have is from 2006.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Nate*
Private
0

 
Nate*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami


Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate* View Post
I'm guessing that the Eisenmann Race Exhaust catback would put me at around $1,500-$2,000 total in cost correct? Compared to the Magnaflow 16537 that is a full exhaust system for less than $1,000.


That sounds great!
This guy said it was $2350. That was a year ago though so idk what the price is like now.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460879
That's a pretty scary number for brand new :P. I would imagine that the Magnaflow full cat-back system would sound better than just the Eisenmann Race muffler.
__________________
OSS Angel Eyes V1 Blackout, Corner Delete, Debadged, Matte Black Grills, Aero Lip, aFe Stage 2 CAI, CF Performance Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #13
froz_v
Lieutenant
Taiwan
5

 
froz_v's Avatar
 
Drives: AW/FR ///M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver


Posts: 519
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
1 for eisenmann race! Just the part three already sound aggressive under full throttle and really easy to live with on long drives too. Thinking of doing the SR pipes
__________________
11 E90 ///M ZCP
09 E92 335xi M-sport
06 Porsche Cayenne S
08 E90 328xi Gone but will never be forgotten!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
46

 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea


Posts: 4,621
iTrader: (28)

Just make your own pipes from headers to stock resonator, I don't know if it'll make a difference in sound but I wouldn't know what Eisenmann did with their resonator.

SR pipes are worth it I guess, I never heard my muffler without it but I'm starting to hear faint backfiring on D mode, definitely hear it on DS and manual. It's bery nice *borat voice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by froz_v View Post
1 for eisenmann race! Just the part three already sound aggressive under full throttle and really easy to live with on long drives too. Thinking of doing the SR pipes
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #15
Hooy
Colonel
27

 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
This guy said it was $2350. That was a year ago though so idk what the price is like now.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460879
Only an idiot would pay that much for an N52 exhaust.
Lastly, you know that guy doesn't know shit since he thinks there's a 25hp gain rofl.

As for the Eisenmann, I've never heard it in person but I would imagine it's too loud and boomy. The last thing I'd want is a 328 that screams "race me" and then loses to a lightly modded VW GTI.

My personal requirements for N52 exhausts:
-100% DRONE FREE. These are luxury cars, not kid's cars.
-Little to no "boom." That low womp that sounds like a muffler delete.. it sounds cheap.
-Quiet at low revs, refined yet properly loud under accel. PE is higher pitched which is perfect for a small inline 6. Magnaflow on the 330 does this very well to, although it has a low growl instead.

The last thing you want your 328 to do is be louder than a faster car. For example, when your car is louder than a C63 AMG or M3, you'll look like a fucking loser. A lot of people want their exhausts loud from inside the cabin - this method isn't recommended. Our cars are meant to deaden sound, so you're going to end up with a car that's way too loud on the outside but "ok" on the inside. Judge from the outside.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
Donia330i
Major
United_States
11

 
Donia330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i SGM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (7)

Should look into the BMW PE
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
dd330i
Private First Class
Canada
1

 
dd330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greater Toronto Area


Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

any love for REMUS?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
Nate*
Private
0

 
Nate*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami


Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Only an idiot would pay that much for an N52 exhaust.
Lastly, you know that guy doesn't know shit since he thinks there's a 25hp gain rofl.

As for the Eisenmann, I've never heard it in person but I would imagine it's too loud and boomy. The last thing I'd want is a 328 that screams "race me" and then loses to a lightly modded VW GTI.

My personal requirements for N52 exhausts:
-100% DRONE FREE. These are luxury cars, not kid's cars.
-Little to no "boom." That low womp that sounds like a muffler delete.. it sounds cheap.
-Quiet at low revs, refined yet properly loud under accel. PE is higher pitched which is perfect for a small inline 6. Magnaflow on the 330 does this very well to, although it has a low growl instead.

The last thing you want your 328 to do is be louder than a faster car. For example, when your car is louder than a C63 AMG or M3, you'll look like a fucking loser. A lot of people want their exhausts loud from inside the cabin - this method isn't recommended. Our cars are meant to deaden sound, so you're going to end up with a car that's way too loud on the outside but "ok" on the inside. Judge from the outside.
I agree that I don't want my car to sound anything like or louder than a C63 AMG or M3 because that would just be ludicrous. I do want it to have a nice kick though so that it doesn't sound so electric or battery-powered. I believe the Eisenmann Race Muffler+Catback would provide a nice sound, but the price for it is not worth it. I want to know if anyone thinks the Magnaflow #16537 Full catback exhaust system would be the next best thing? Quality, sound, and price.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
Hooy
Colonel
27

 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate* View Post
I agree that I don't want my car to sound anything like or louder than a C63 AMG or M3 because that would just be ludicrous. I do want it to have a nice kick though so that it doesn't sound so electric or battery-powered. I believe the Eisenmann Race Muffler+Catback would provide a nice sound, but the price for it is not worth it. I want to know if anyone thinks the Magnaflow #16537 Full catback exhaust system would be the next best thing? Quality, sound, and price.
PE is the best way to go, and almost no one regrets it despite the high price. I think the magnaflow is a bit quiet but def a high quality product.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #20
Nate*
Private
0

 
Nate*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami


Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
PE is the best way to go, and almost no one regrets it despite the high price. I think the magnaflow is a bit quiet but def a high quality product.
BMW PE Exhaust is nice, but it's a bit too high pitched for my taste. I think I'm going to settle with just the Magnaflow cat back. Unless I can find a better price on another system.
__________________
OSS Angel Eyes V1 Blackout, Corner Delete, Debadged, Matte Black Grills, Aero Lip, aFe Stage 2 CAI, CF Performance Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #21
jc5988
Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 2010 328i 6MT Sport Pkg
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SOCAL


Posts: 431
iTrader: (0)

Eisenmann +1 for its quality and OEM Look. I just dont like the look of magnaflow with its slanted muffler, i would be weird looking from the back.

also if magnaflow is quieter then PE, you might wanna think twice if you like to hear you exhaust. PE already on the quiet side with window up in cabin.
__________________
N51- Perfomance Intake - Performance Exhaust - ESS Tuned - Performance SSK - CDV Delete - AFE Mid
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
Nate*
Private
0

 
Nate*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami


Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5988 View Post
Eisenmann +1 for its quality and OEM Look. I just dont like the look of magnaflow with its slanted muffler, i would be weird looking from the back.

also if magnaflow is quieter then PE, you might wanna think twice if you like to hear you exhaust. PE already on the quiet side with window up in cabin.
I don't think Magnaflow is really "quieter" it sounds a lot deeper than OEM exhaust.
__________________
OSS Angel Eyes V1 Blackout, Corner Delete, Debadged, Matte Black Grills, Aero Lip, aFe Stage 2 CAI, CF Performance Spoiler
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST