E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 Coupe front bumper question

10-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
phat8186
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i AW / Coral Red

E92 Coupe front bumper question

I recently purchased an AW 2007 335i 6spd Coupe. I want to change the front end.

I have been searching on here for different options and what not.
I think I'm going to go the Msport/Mtech route am I correct in sayin that they are both the same bumper.

Looking to pick it up from ECStuning dealt with them in the past for my VW stuff and love the customer support
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...per/ES1306791/

Also have been looking on here as well
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Is this a total plug and play item for my body shop to handle. I just want to make sure I have everything I need ordered before I bring her into the shop. Also I am going to have to purchase new fog lights since mine wont work on the Msport bumper am I correct in saying this.
Aslo looking into M Sport Carbon Fiber Splitters.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Is this the only add on that can be put to the Msprot bumper. Just splitters or are there any aftermarket lips that can be put on the Msport as well. Also should I be cconcerned with LCI. I take it since my car is an 07 it's pre LCI, does this matter at all when purchasing a front bumper. I have no clue what LCI is but I see it everywhere. What is the difference if any.
Thanks in advance the newbie
I love e90forum despite its server at times.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

The ECS Tuning kit is plug-n-play and includes the new fog lights. There are a couple CF Lip option for the M-Tech bumper instead of the splitters. Here's one of them:http://www.**********s.com/BMW-H-Sty...nt-Lip-E92.htm
      10-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
sjk9671
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i coupe AW

Send a message via AIM to sjk9671
I may be interested in your aero lip if you do go mtech.
      10-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
x-ception
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Or you can save money and get the bumper from jgmods, you can get it painted for the same price you are picking up the original one for, comes with fogs and you dont need the ducts and undertray etc, I bought everything and realized that it was a waste of money. So for my 2nd e92 I got the rep bumper and CPS lip from **********s and couldn't be happier with the fitment and quality, comes with fogs and grilles.

COTM Pics Here
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
phat8186
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ception View Post
Or you can save money and get the bumper from jgmods, you can get it painted for the same price you are picking up the original one for, comes with fogs and you dont need the ducts and undertray etc, I bought everything and realized that it was a waste of money. So for my 2nd e92 I got the rep bumper and CPS lip from **********s and couldn't be happier with the fitment and quality, comes with fogs and grilles.
hey thanks for you input on the m sport front bumper. How was your fitment of yours since you got it from Jgmods.com. also how bad did you have to mod the oil cooler area and the brake ducts. do you have any close up pics of your bumper.
Thanks
Alex
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
x-ception
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat8186 View Post
hey thanks for you input on the m sport front bumper. How was your fitment of yours since you got it from Jgmods.com. also how bad did you have to mod the oil cooler area and the brake ducts. do you have any close up pics of your bumper.
Thanks
Alex
Here is one from my instagram lol
Attached Images

COTM Pics Here
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Jace_91
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

LCI and prelci are different, for bumper you need to get per LCI or else you will have to change the hood headlights and fenders I believe. Also if you want to keep an oem look, take a look at m3 rep bumpers.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
phat8186
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk9671 View Post
I may be interested in your aero lip if you do go mtech.
Just put in my order for the M sport Bumper with ECStuning. They had the best price and I have delt with them in the past, customer service doesnt get any better.
With that being said the front Lip will be for sale once i get it off. My whole front end of the car has 3m clear bra on everything inlcuding the OEM lip.
If interested throw me an offer and I will get back to you when its off.

Thanks
Alex
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
sjk9671
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i coupe AW

Send a message via AIM to sjk9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat8186 View Post
Just put in my order for the M sport Bumper with ECStuning. They had the best price and I have delt with them in the past, customer service doesnt get any better.
With that being said the front Lip will be for sale once i get it off. My whole front end of the car has 3m clear bra on everything inlcuding the OEM lip.
If interested throw me an offer and I will get back to you when its off.

Thanks
Alex
I sent you a pm.