E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > WW Meth -> Trunk Mount time :)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
sA x sKy
Sameet
sA x sKy's Avatar
Bangladesh
36
Rep
1,753
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi '11 -> M4 '15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York

iTrader: (2)

WW Meth -> Trunk Mount time :)

Pretty much converting my entire WW BMS kit to a DO setup. SS lines, new fittings, new solenoid..everything is getting replace but the pump. Time to hit a N55 AWD 1/4 this sunday! Going to install everything and send prelogs to Terry on Friday.

Thank you Rob aka madmanhiker for getting me started on the conversion!












Last edited by sA x sKy; 10-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
13
Rep
918
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (2)

I wanna see it mounted! Hurry it up so I can be lazy and copy you please!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
madmanhiker's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,565
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
PM me if u have any questions....
__________________
-madmanhiker jax,fl
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
badblkX6
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
726
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X6 35i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
Looks sick. Keep us posted. I hope to get meth after the winter
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,370
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblk335i
Looks sick. Keep us posted. I hope to get meth after the winter
Dan, lemme know if you wanna go fast... I'm going to hit the 1/4 at Cecil county before it gets too cold.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
badblkX6
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
726
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X6 35i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
Atco is 20 minutes from my house so I usually go there.

Intercooler is going in this Friday so maybe in the near future I will run my car again.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
sA x sKy
Sameet
sA x sKy's Avatar
Bangladesh
36
Rep
1,753
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi '11 -> M4 '15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York

iTrader: (2)

Updated original post with installed pics. I love my 100% meth flow!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
madmanhiker's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,565
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
that's how mine is mounted to. very stable, nice low temp environment. Did you do the float switch? if not (or conversely if you have questions) I have the answers. Let me know. Yes, 100% flow (dependable) is a nice change huh?
__________________
-madmanhiker jax,fl
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
sA x sKy
Sameet
sA x sKy's Avatar
Bangladesh
36
Rep
1,753
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi '11 -> M4 '15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanhiker View Post
that's how mine is mounted to. very stable, nice low temp environment. Did you do the float switch? if not (or conversely if you have questions) I have the answers. Let me know. Yes, 100% flow (dependable) is a nice change huh?
I did the the float switch but have no LED to hook it up to... The flow is so good, my meth needle goes off the gauge. SS lines are nice too as I have 0 leak issues (so far).
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
badblkX6
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
726
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X6 35i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
Awesome. Continue to keep us posted.

Did you do the install yourself? Maybe you could help me when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,370
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblk335i View Post
Awesome. Continue to keep us posted.

Did you do the install yourself? Maybe you could help me when the time comes.
Remember what happened to me at the track??? I ended up getting a new tank and secured it properly. I think it was jerking around back there causing one of my connections to loosen up! This time i bought straps to strap it down in place nice and tight. The other advantage is that i can UN-buckle it when i need to re-fill easily!

This one has a sump and baffle built in so no matter how hard I take a corner, i would always have juice to about 1qt.



Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
badblkX6
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
726
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X6 35i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
Looking good!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
Sam335ix
Major
Sam335ix's Avatar
22
Rep
1,275
Posts

 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopp View Post
Remember what happened to me at the track??? I ended up getting a new tank and secured it properly. I think it was jerking around back there causing one of my connections to loosen up! This time i bought straps to strap it down in place nice and tight. The other advantage is that i can UN-buckle it when i need to re-fill easily!

This one has a sump and baffle built in so no matter how hard I take a corner, i would always have juice to about 1qt.



How long is the labor for installing the trunk mount meth kit? I got quoted today 6 to 8 hours at $90.00 an hour...
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,370
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

I'd be very weary to even give your car to the shop that quoted you that many hours. Mine took about 2 hrs to route the lines, mostly because I had to jack the car up, take the covering off underneath and put it all together again on the floor with jack stands. I'd say it took another 2 to install the tank, and electric parts in the engine bay and testing for leaks.

4 maybe 5 at most and you can do it all yourself!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
Sam335ix
Major
Sam335ix's Avatar
22
Rep
1,275
Posts

 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopp View Post
I'd be very weary to even give your car to the shop that quoted you that many hours. Mine took about 2 hrs to route the lines, mostly because I had to jack the car up, take the covering off underneath and put it all together again on the floor with jack stands. I'd say it took another 2 to install the tank, and electric parts in the engine bay and testing for leaks.

4 maybe 5 at most and you can do it all yourself!
Thanks Slopp
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
badblkX6
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
726
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X6 35i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
Slopp is the man. I think I will try the install myself with a little help from some friends when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST