E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > So many waited for theirs. Anyone get lucky?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-15-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
schwma
My first bimmer...but definitely not my last!
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Studio City, California

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

So many waited for theirs. Anyone get lucky?

It wasn't until I discovered this site that I learned that so many have anguished for what would surely seem an eternity waiting for their new E90s. I guess I hadn't really thought about it, and this is my first German car. But after my Lincoln LS (which was a great car -- until I drove a BMW) was T-boned in an intersection and wasn't repaired to my liking, I impulsively walked into the local BMW dealer, having never driven a BMW before -- and the rest is history. But the point of my thread is that I only had to wait one day for my car. Everything I wanted was on a lot 35 miles away. I purchased in late July. Is waiting for weeks and sometimes months the norm for these cars, or did I just get extremely lucky. I live in L.A.; so I know there's more saturation here, but I'd be interested to know how many walked in and had their cars in short order.
Being impulsive has drawbacks, but when I test drove that 330i, I knew right then and there I HAD to have one. Best impulse buy of my life -- so far.
__________________
2006 330i Steptronic
Sport, Premium
Titanium Silver, Black Leather & Walnut.
schwma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My CA found my E90 on a ship and I had to wait about 2 1/2 weeks. When we ordered the E91, we did so in August for September production - October delivery. It was a long wait, but well worth it.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
mascar
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 325 w/sport
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jersey

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to mascar
I found mine when it was on the ship over, i waited a week and a half.
mascar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwma
It wasn't until I discovered this site that I learned that so many have anguished for what would surely seem an eternity waiting for their new E90s. I guess I hadn't really thought about it, and this is my first German car. But after my Lincoln LS (which was a great car -- until I drove a BMW) was T-boned in an intersection and wasn't repaired to my liking, I impulsively walked into the local BMW dealer, having never driven a BMW before -- and the rest is history. But the point of my thread is that I only had to wait one day for my car. Everything I wanted was on a lot 35 miles away. I purchased in late July. Is waiting for weeks and sometimes months the norm for these cars, or did I just get extremely lucky. I live in L.A.; so I know there's more saturation here, but I'd be interested to know how many walked in and had their cars in short order.
Being impulsive has drawbacks, but when I test drove that 330i, I knew right then and there I HAD to have one. Best impulse buy of my life -- so far.
Congratulations on your purchase! This was one great impulse buy for you, eh?

This is my first Bimmer also. I went in shopping for an '05 M3 with the Competition Package, which my dealer, Crevier in Santa Ana, had in the Silver Grey -- it was sweet. I had a deposit down on it, but I slept on it for one night and decided that, although I love and appreciate the M3, (a good friend of mine has one), I needed a more practical car at this point in time. So I called my salesperson and told him what, exactly, I wanted on my E90. He told me, "that's looks like it's going to be a special order." (Which it was).

I waited the 10 weeks and do not regret for a second my decision. I my E90. However, I've got my sights set on an '07 M3 Sedan when they come out (I love the four doors). Jeeez, when I was younger I wouldn't have even considered a sedan, only coupes. But now I'm the other way around. I gets that's what time can do to 'ya.

Anyway, you're very lucky that exactly what you wanted was "in the neighborhood," otherwise you would've had to wait, or sacrifice.

Welcome to the board and don't forget to post some for us!
 
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
My CA found my E90 on a ship and I had to wait about 2 1/2 weeks. When we ordered the E91, we did so in August for September production - October delivery. It was a long wait, but well worth it.
Nice sigpic, Zep!
 
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
RINALDS
Private First Class
 
RINALDS's Avatar
 
Drives: 325 xi
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Be thankful that you didn't have to wait. It seems like I ordered my car eons ago. I wish I had been so lucky.
RINALDS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,721
iTrader: (0)

color and options make it hard sometimes to get one the way you did. You have a very common color combo.
__________________
13 F10 535xi JB/B working on it
11.75 E93 M3 MR/Black Stock (wifey)
11 F10 535i AW/CB Mods Gone
scottz5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
schwma
My first bimmer...but definitely not my last!
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Studio City, California

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
color and options make it hard sometimes to get one the way you did. You have a very common color combo.
Tell me about it. The only other E90's I've seen have been either silver, black, or white.
__________________
2006 330i Steptronic
Sport, Premium
Titanium Silver, Black Leather & Walnut.
schwma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #9
What
New Member
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 320d E91  [0.00]
Orded the BMW 320d E91 on 30th of September.
Tomorrow 17th of November can pick up at dealer.
What is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
rs1985
First Lieutenant
 
rs1985's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW325i MB ML500
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 303
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to rs1985
the ship arrived
the car arrived
but no car to pick it up from the storage place
they arer suppose to have 2 trucks a day pulling them in
turns out yesterday only have 1
__________________

Canada's Game!! Vancouver's Canucks!!
rs1985 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
Compos Mentis
Second Lieutenant
 
Compos Mentis's Avatar
 
Drives: Arctic 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seattle

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Just drove my 330xi home from the dealer. Sweet...
just can't wait for tomorrow.
stay tuned...
__________________
Compos Mentis
-----------------
2006 330xi Arctic, black leather, aluminum.
18000 miles...
Compos Mentis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #12
sarafil
First Lieutenant
 
sarafil's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 325
iTrader: (1)

I got the first 325xi that arrived at our dealer, but that still required several months of waiting.
__________________
2011 BMW 335i xDrive Sedan -- Black Sapphire / Black Leather
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navigation

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 Mini Cooper S JCW -- 2006 MZ4 Roadster -- 2002 325i Sedan -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
sarafil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #13
kingston_e90
New Member
 
kingston_e90's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit, Black, Wood
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kingston, ON Canada

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Nearing the Finish

Ordered 4 Oct to a production slot the dealer had available Delivered to the shipper 9 Nov, load 10 Nov and arrived Halifax Now I have another week to wait for delivery It seems the closer deliver gets the more difficult it is to wait BUT is only a few days away now and finally
kingston_e90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST