E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Match subwoofers for E93

01-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
Tr1ppy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 330i M Sport

Match subwoofers for E93

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience using the MATCH MS 8B-BMW.1 underseat subwoofers?

Any comparisons to BMW's own hifi or Logic7 setups?

I'm thinking of upgrading the Base stereo (6.5") subs for these and adding the Alpine retrofit amp to power them.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

Slight upgrade. Wouldn't waste time retrofitting a factory amp. Might as well do the Match PP82 amp/DSP for a lot more flexibility, especially when you decide to upgrade the midrange and tweeters. Look at the Jehnert flatline kit.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 3.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 01:05 AM   #3
rambca
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

I have the MS 8B-BMW.2 subwoofers in my car and I like them a lot. The 8B-BMW.1 have slightly lower power handling (100W RMS instead of 150W) but they should otherwise be very similar. They definitely need an amp to come alive but I would just use an aftermarket amp. Mathematics' suggestion is good but it depends on your budget. People really like the Jehnerts on here too.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambca View Post
I have the MS 8B-BMW.2 subwoofers in my car and I like them a lot. The 8B-BMW.1 have slightly lower power handling (100W RMS instead of 150W) but they should otherwise be very similar. They definitely need an amp to come alive but I would just use an aftermarket amp. Mathematics' suggestion is good but it depends on your budget. People really like the Jehnerts on here too.
I am looking to add these exact Match subs to my car. How have you liked them? Noticeable improvement over stock?

How have you powered them? Through the stock amp or an aftermarket one?

I have a JL 900 amp and am debating whether to power these understates through the stock amp or the JL 900. I also have a JL sub in my trunk as well.

Thanks,
2011 335i M-Sport Sedan | Dinan Stage II Tune | Koni Sport Dampers l Eibach Pro Kit Springs | M3 Suspension Upgrade l BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance Front Grill | OEM Euro M-Sport | 19" Volk Forged Performance ME's | JL Audio HD 900 | Morel Hybrid Components | JL Audio W3v3
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #5
DJWabbles
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i E90 Sedan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
I am looking to add these exact Match subs to my car. How have you liked them? Noticeable improvement over stock?

How have you powered them? Through the stock amp or an aftermarket one?

I have a JL 900 amp and am debating whether to power these understates through the stock amp or the JL 900. I also have a JL sub in my trunk as well.

Thanks,
Hello, I am new here and my first upgrade was a complete set of Match tweeter, midrange and the underseat subwoofers (http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...-83c-bmw2.html)

I got them installed and sounded so much better than stock but with the amp that you have the JL 900 would be more than enough as my amp os JL XD400/4 and sounds amazing. I got mine fitted with a remote control under the cubby hole near the driver side to control the volume/sub bass.

It is definitely worth it. I would say.

Here are two videos I made short clips though.

Gain for the tweeter was half and the gain for the sub channels were just over half but below 3/4

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znGdiZ8atE[/u2b]

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8f5EtrA-Q[/u2b]

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0