E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Need HELP!!! another amp sub install

12-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
RKelley223
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Need HELP!!! another amp sub install

Hi, everyone.... I am new to the forum and have be patiently waiting to be able to post since yesterday...

Before anyone tells me to read the sticky's I have read every thread out there but nothing seems to be quite what I need.

I have a 2008 328xi with the HIFI system. I am trying to add an amp and sub in the trunk. I have bought a PAC LOC PRO 7 and hooked it into the SUB out from the factory amp...

SUB Left
red/white +
Brown/yellow -

SUB right
Red/blue+
brown/white-

The problem I am having is the pre out voltage is very low.... max I have seen is around .4 volts...
The LOC has a level gain adjustment that is maxed out... The directions said to adjust the pre out to around 2v for an amp sub install...I assumed that my LOC was defective so I purchased a similar one in hopes that would fix my problem. Unfortunately it is producing the same low voltage...

The sub does work but produces no sound... "you can feel the cone vibrate with the music if you have your hand on it"
Today I went as far as hooking up another amp to see if maybe my amp was bad but still no luck....

Any and all suggestions is GREATLY APPRECIATED....

Thanks again and sorry for posting on a topic that has so much info already out there...

Richard
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
RKelley223
Rep

Anybody?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

why not use the pre-amp level instead? there's no point to using the amp output.
iPhone 5s (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay to Tru Technology SSLD6i via aux out of Airport Express to Helix A4S Competition. Dynaudio MD102, Esotar 1200, and MW152. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

This hifi not top Hifi/logic 7 correct. Mathematics asked a good question as the signal going to the factory hifi amp is low level already, no need for a converter. You can actaully just make rca's off those signal wires to your amp. If you decide you going to use the speaker side output your rca converter might not be the greatest. A line driver or a better LOC sounds to be in order.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
Jgio83
Rep

Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
This hifi not top Hifi/logic 7 correct. Mathematics asked a good question as the signal going to the factory hifi amp is low level already, no need for a converter. You can actaully just make rca's off those signal wires to your amp. If you decide you going to use the speaker side output your rca converter might not be the greatest. A line driver or a better LOC sounds to be in order.
Agreed. No need for a Loc with base hifi system.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
RKelley223
Rep

Thanks everyone... I got it...
Appreciate 0