E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Speaker Malfunction, SOS error, Help!

10-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
sc3200
Private First Class

Drives: E90 LCI 328i

Speaker Malfunction, SOS error, Help!

All of the sudden my non idrive e90 started to throw an SOS error, it says SOS and a phone with a line going through it. When the car does this, AM/FM,Satellite, and AUX all don't seem to be playing in the speakers. But the speakers seem fine since it's able to play the chime for the SOS error.

So far its happened twice. After the first time it happened, I came back to the car and things were fine but suddenly the audio goes completely out. The weird thing is that the radio does play for like a split second when I shut off the car and try to start the radio.

Anybody know what is malfunctioning? I've never used the SOS call before. I'll eventually the car in for service but that won't be for a couple weeks, is there anyway I can trouble shoot this now?

Sorry if its hard to make sense out of all this, its hard to explain in text. I took a video that I'll try to put up if needed.

Would appreciate some insight, thanks.
sc3200 is offline   United_States
      10-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
sc3200
Private First Class

Drives: E90 LCI 328i

bump
sc3200 is offline   United_States