E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > iphone 5 case ideas



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #23
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
i just ordered a NUDE CASE from switcheasy.
will let u know how it performs.

Awaiting review. Interested in the same case.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #24
DrewG13
Private
 
DrewG13's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Silicon Valley, CA

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang
no case for my iphone!
+1. Don't like cases. Got a full wrap though.
DrewG13 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

I already tried 3 cases so far and this is the best i've used.



edit: damn... i bought it for 9.99. It's now 15. I should've bought a few.
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,067
iTrader: (12)

http://www.seidioonline.com/apple-ip...r3iph5k-bk.htm

I have the Seidio Surface case with the Kickstand. Its awesome and fits perfect
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
Awaiting review. Interested in the same case.
the thinnest case i've ever seen so far.. fast shipping and no problems..
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #28
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

I purchased the switcheasy nude case:

http://www.switcheasy.com/product/NU...ne5/color/Red/

I have a black phone, and the case was supposed to be very near see through, its not. You can barely see the back, it may as well just be gloss black.

Another thing i didnt like is that they send you two screen protectors for the front and one for the back. Sounds good, but the two front covers had impurities on the sticky side of the protector so they were pretty much useless. The back protector was clean, but the problem with that one was that it looked odd over the "apple" and the "iphone" because the print isnt perfectly flat.

If the cover was clear i would like it alot more. As it is the black is okay, that being said im currently rolling with no case.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
I just bought an "Incase" case for my phone. Got it at Best Buy. Not too thick but not too thin. It's hard white plastic with a black rubber bumper around the sides/corners. Grip is good. It also has a detachable bottom for "easy docking." The inside of the back has a cushion on it so it doesn't scratch the back of the phone.

The cons are that the buttons (side volume and top lock) are a little difficult to use. I also did buy a screen protector with it, but the protector was a piece of junk. They gave me a wipe to wipe the screen with, but it did nothing but produce massive amounts of lint so it was useless. Then the protector itself got scratched just by me pressing down to squeeze the bubbles out. Finally, the tab that they give you to align the protector without putting fingerprints all over it was GLUED to the protector so bad that I couldn't get it off without it leaving residue all over. I quickly threw it out.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #30
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I just bought an "Incase" case for my phone. Got it at Best Buy. Not too thick but not too thin. It's hard white plastic with a black rubber bumper around the sides/corners. Grip is good. It also has a detachable bottom for "easy docking." The inside of the back has a cushion on it so it doesn't scratch the back of the phone.

The cons are that the buttons (side volume and top lock) are a little difficult to use. I also did buy a screen protector with it, but the protector was a piece of junk. They gave me a wipe to wipe the screen with, but it did nothing but produce massive amounts of lint so it was useless. Then the protector itself got scratched just by me pressing down to squeeze the bubbles out. Finally, the tab that they give you to align the protector without putting fingerprints all over it was GLUED to the protector so bad that I couldn't get it off without it leaving residue all over. I quickly threw it out.

TIL screen protectors that come with phone cases aren't very good.

Verizon shipped my phones a day late so they sent me a coupon for 30% off of a case. Will be trying some on this week, i wouldn't use one but the phone is almost as hard to hold as a wet bar of soap.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,895
iTrader: (1)

getuncommon.com

got this case from them - you can upload any pictures you want.

this is a pic i took of my wife's car - uploaded it on their website and made a case out of it.

obviously this is a 4S, but they have some for the 5 too....



__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Mophie if you can get one.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #33
Dem3ern
Herro!
 
Dem3ern's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SE Michigan

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I love the speck cases. Used one on my iPhone 4 and it was the first thing I ordered after getting my iPhone 5.
__________________
2008 E92 335i | Fully Loaded | 6MT | Monaco Blue | Cream Beige | Titanium Shadow Trim
Dem3ern is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member
 
HifiSyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmond, Ok.

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
They've saved my phone countless times, so the price is almost justified. Element Case ftw
I've got an Element Black Ops Vapor Pro case for my iPhone4 and while it's a great case, I would not recommend it if you're mounting your phone anywhere above your center console, if you have the brushed alum trim. Even minor drops result in nice little dents. Ask me how I know.
__________________

2007 SGM e90 335i, Spt Pkg, Prem Pkg & Nav

Mods: JB4 G4-Map 5, BMS DCI, 19" Reps on Hk V12s, SupremePower Lowering Perches, BMS Angel Eyes, VSFR DP & 5" FMIC.
HifiSyd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #35
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Update: I'm using the switch easy case now and thus far it has grown on me. I put it on because I didn't want it getting messed up while I'm working and it's stayed on all day.

Just know of you purchase the switch easy nude case, that the screen protectors that come with ot are junk.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #36
danniexi
Colonel
 
danniexi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW E92 335xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

Posts: 2,045
iTrader: (14)

my case...





ebay link (similar, but not exactly the same. mine is matte and clear, not black).

fits perfectly fine, excellent coverage, and extremely thinner compared to other cases, and most importantly, super cheap. no complaints here.
danniexi is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #37
eamon
Captain
 
eamon's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 790
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inandout View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

I already tried 3 cases so far and this is the best i've used.



edit: damn... i bought it for 9.99. It's now 15. I should've bought a few.
I had something like this, and I really wanted it to work because I love look of a naked Iphone 5, but I hated how easily dirt would get inside the case and the clear plastic backing on mine scratched and spotted VERY easily for whatever reason. Right now I'm rocking a White and Black commuter (not the normal white/grey ones you see) and it looks pretty cool and it's not as bulky as the defender.

Have you guys seen this one?

http://www.elementcase.com/Ronin-iPh...-1110-n6bs.htm
__________________
black/black/black e92 loaded
Instagram: _eamon_
eamon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,160
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
I had something like this, and I really wanted it to work because I love look of a naked Iphone 5, but I hated how easily dirt would get inside the case and the clear plastic backing on mine scratched and spotted VERY easily for whatever reason. Right now I'm rocking a White and Black commuter (not the normal white/grey ones you see) and it looks pretty cool and it's not as bulky as the defender.

Have you guys seen this one?

http://www.elementcase.com/Ronin-iPh...-1110-n6bs.htm


teetering on ordering that case. Super nice looking and from past experience i know it will be top quality. But, "good lawd, that's a lot of money!"
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST