E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Sprint Booster with Turner Performance Tune



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
miata22
New Member
Hong Kong
0

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hong Kong


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Sprint Booster with Turner Performance Tune

Hi, I am asking this for a friend, he has a 325i with Turner Performance Tune and he wonder will it work well with Sprint Booster. Any Pros and Cons or experience that can share will be very much appreciated. Thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
will bleich
First Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: pos
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pennslyvania


Posts: 397
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata22 View Post
Hi, I am asking this for a friend, he has a 325i with Turner Performance Tune and he wonder will it work well with Sprint Booster. Any Pros and Cons or experience that can share will be very much appreciated. Thanks
i dont know much about it, but from my understanding the sprint booster just engages full throttle sooner and takes out that pedal lag
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
miata22
New Member
Hong Kong
0

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hong Kong


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowandslow115 View Post
i dont know much about it, but from my understanding the sprint booster just engages full throttle sooner and takes out that pedal lag
Thanks for your comment!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
51

 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost


Posts: 3,349
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
From what people have said turner tune is AA tune.
I recall people saying that AA makes sprint booster or PBX for throttle obsolete
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: e36M lip Wishlist: //M front arm, coils, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, e60 finn diff


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
will bleich
First Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: pos
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pennslyvania


Posts: 397
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
From what people have said turner tune is AA tune.
I recall people saying that AA makes sprint booster or PBX for throttle obsolete
hmm i wanna do some resarch into this now , do you know of a good tune for a 325 or any way to get some power out of this turd lol
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
51

 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost


Posts: 3,349
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowandslow115 View Post
hmm i wanna do some resarch into this now , do you know of a good tune for a 325 or any way to get some power out of this turd lol
For internationals - find what engine you actually have: n52 or n53 and then search.
For USA/NA - 325i best benefit forma simple tune. Then you can think about anything else

This gets asked here often Lots of answers for n52 here usually involve headers + free flowing exhaust, intake manifold from 330i, tune. keep in mind your regions emissions standards when doing anything with exhaust /headers
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: e36M lip Wishlist: //M front arm, coils, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, e60 finn diff


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
will bleich
First Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: pos
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pennslyvania


Posts: 397
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
For internationals - find what engine you actually have: n52 or n53 and then search.
For USA/NA - 325i best benefit forma simple tune. Then you can think about anything else

This gets asked here often Lots of answers for n52 here usually involve headers + free flowing exhaust, intake manifold from 330i, tune. keep in mind your regions emissions standards when doing anything with exhaust /headers
thanks i have an n52 i want to boost it but i cant find anything about the internals
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
51

 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost


Posts: 3,349
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
325i stock is limited, a simle tune will unlock the most HP , the 3 stage manifold with DISA will make it rival 330i HP on AA tune. Then u can play wit Intakes & exhausts
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: e36M lip Wishlist: //M front arm, coils, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, e60 finn diff


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #9
335imax
Private First Class
7

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia


Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Sell your Sprint Booster

I have had the Sprint Booster, it was like dating a hot girl that doesn't put out. Go with the AA tune, or swap your intake manifold, thats a great mod!
__________________
335i Sport
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST