E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede install booboo

09-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Procede install booboo

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but i've managed to botch the install of a friends procede. I watched the video closely and replicated all of the necessary steps. I also did the usb install (and disconnected the battery). After installing the procede, I reconnected the battery.

When i start the car, I get a service light (half yellow engine) code within about 10 seconds. Then something odd happens, the dash lights where the temperature and mileage is displayed turns a solid orange on top of the information display area, and a solid yellow on the bottom half of the information display area. I've double checked the installation and everything looks good.

My plan of attack is to detach the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes, then reattach it. I have a code reader and some of the codes that were displayed are:
f067

I'm hoping someone has seen this issue before. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
      09-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

I double checked the installation of the ecu connectors. The large green one and small red one are located towards the back of the car when connected to the ECU, which is seems correct when looking at the video.
      09-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
dmurray14
The Stig

Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but i've managed to botch the install of a friends procede. I watched the video closely and replicated all of the necessary steps. I also did the usb install (and disconnected the battery). After installing the procede, I reconnected the battery.

When i start the car, I get a service light (half yellow engine) code within about 10 seconds. Then something odd happens, the dash lights where the temperature and mileage is displayed turns a solid orange on top of the information display area, and a solid yellow on the bottom half of the information display area. I've double checked the installation and everything looks good.

My plan of attack is to detach the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes, then reattach it. I have a code reader and some of the codes that were displayed are:
f067

I'm hoping someone has seen this issue before. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure about the first half, but the whole orange screen is the map indication.
      09-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks for the response. I set the map to map zero when I saw the screen. I cleared the codes, but I immediately get a yellow half engine light again, so something is definitely wrong.
      09-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I set the map to map zero when I saw the screen. I cleared the codes, but I immediately get a yellow half engine light again, so something is definitely wrong.
If you read that code(s), it will give us a clue as to what is wrong. Possibilities include a bent pin that isn't making contact with its mate. Or even a pair of subconnectors that is mated backwards. Should be easy to track down.
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
      09-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If you read that code(s), it will give us a clue as to what is wrong. Possibilities include a bent pin that isn't making contact with its mate. Or even a pair of subconnectors that is mated backwards. Should be easy to track down.
Thanks for the reply shiv. I know it's a holiday and I am at fault. I will reply in 5 mins with some codes
      09-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Oddly enough, my c-reader tool is no longer reading codes. I made sure the procede is on map 0, but the c-reader is now displaying "----", meaning no codes. However, the half engine light is still popping up with a second or two of starting the engine. I'm going to reluctantly disconnect and double check the ecu connectors to ensure they are solid ...

Shiv, I know this demo is located on this site, but can you point me in the direction of the video showing how procede reads tuber codes? I can delete than, but I don't know the process for reading them. Thank you!
      09-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
forza1976
Brigadier General

Drives: 2014 A6

Garage List
2014 Audi A6  [5.00]
Quote:
I'm going to reluctantly disconnect and double check the ecu connectors to ensure they are solid ...
This is probably your best bet.

On a side note, if I were your buddy I wouldn't want to hear the word "reluctantly" as you buggered up his car
forza1976 is offline   United_States
      09-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

I've triple checked the connectors. Everything is solid and pointed the right way. I'm out of ideas.I've got to find out what the codes are but the C reader is not reading codes anymore. I was under the impression that procede would not block odbc when in map 0. Anyone got any ideas?
      09-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #10
caradd
(*) (*)

Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6mt

I didn't disconnect the battery when i did my install and when i diconnected everything to get the usb cable installed.

You should just take it all apart and start again make sure all the pins are straight. A few of mine were crooked.
      09-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Oddly enough, my c-reader tool is no longer reading codes. I made sure the procede is on map 0, but the c-reader is now displaying "----", meaning no codes. However, the half engine light is still popping up with a second or two of starting the engine. I'm going to reluctantly disconnect and double check the ecu connectors to ensure they are solid ...

Shiv, I know this demo is located on this site, but can you point me in the direction of the video showing how procede reads tuber codes? I can delete than, but I don't know the process for reading them. Thank you!
I'm a little confused. Why are you trying to read codes with the C-Reader? That won't work with the Procede operational as you can't hook up two diagnostic tools to a car at the same time. Not to mention that the C-Reader is just a generic diagnostic tool and can only show obd2 related codes. You'll need to read codes through the Procede as described here: http://vishnutuningforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

Once you have the codes, it's easy to figure out what is wrong. Also, was this Procede purchased new or used? If it was new, it's more than very likely that installation is amiss. If used, you have to entertain the possibility that something else is not right (harness damage, wrong/bad firmware, etc,.)

Shiv
      09-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'm a little confused. Why are you trying to read codes with the C-Reader? That won't work with the Procede operational as you can't hook up two diagnostic tools to a car at the same time. Not to mention that the C-Reader is just a generic diagnostic tool and can only show obd2 related codes. You'll need to read codes through the Procede as described here: http://vishnutuningforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

Once you have the codes, it's easy to figure out what is wrong. Also, was this Procede purchased new or used? If it was new, it's more than very likely that installation is amiss. If used, you have to entertain the possibility that something else is not right (harness damage, wrong/bad firmware, etc,.)

Shiv
The procede is brand new (received last week). Thanks for the link for reading codes. I will update the thread once I have read the codes.
      09-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #13
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

alright. The codes are as follows. I also posted the definitions as listed on http://vishnutuningforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22:

3100 12544: boost-pressure control, deactivation
29f3 10739: Fuel pressure sensor, Electrical
12496: No listed in vishnutunings list

Last edited by lyndon_h; 09-05-2010 at 09:50 PM.
      09-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
alright. The codes are as follows. I also posted the definitions as listed on http://vishnutuningforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22:

3100 12544: boost-pressure control, deactivation
29f3 10739: Fuel pressure sensor, Electrical
12496: No listed in vishnutunings list
Check the white subconnector patch. That is where the fuel pressure signal is. Look closely for bent pins, foreign debris, etc,. If all looks good, PM me and we can do the next step.

Shiv
      09-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #15
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Checking...I will shoot you a pm if I see nothing odd
      09-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

pm sent. thanks
      09-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #17
forza1976
Brigadier General

Drives: 2014 A6

Garage List
2014 Audi A6  [5.00]
Lyndon, you get the issue resolved?
forza1976 is offline   United_States
      09-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #18
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Not yet. Shiv said he will be contacting me sometime today. So, I would expect to have a solution or at least a path of resolution later today.
      10-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #19
wren57
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i

Ever get rid of 12496?
      10-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #20
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ

Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
holy thread revival.