E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > [LTMW Content] VORSTEINER'S E90.2 Is Back From The Dead!!!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #89
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 391
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
When is the next update? Suspense is killing me!
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #90
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
LOL, I had to look twice on that one.
haha thanks rem btw i've always been a fan of your ride and your pics...stick around ill have an update soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
When is the next update? Suspense is killing me!
ill try to have a teaser posted up by the end of the week, stay tuned
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #91
ichi_ban
Major
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: FL

Posts: 1,006
iTrader: (24)

Looks great, but you should've went with an M conversion IMO
__________________
@FortumeMinds @ichi_ban
aG Automotive
ichi_ban is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #92
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSoloE93 View Post
Looks great, but you should've went with an M conversion IMO
thanks and IMHO an M conversion does look sik as well but what i love about my E92 front-end conversion is that its a custom made kit by VRS and its also the only one in existence!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #93
vortex07
Registered
 
Drives: BMW E90 '05 320D
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Europe, Romania

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post


Nice car and nice wheels! Do u mind telling me which styling and what size are those? Also is it only bcs of the pics or they are gun-metal coloured? They seem so... darkish. Thanks!
vortex07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #94
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex07 View Post
Nice car and nice wheels! Do u mind telling me which styling and what size are those? Also is it only bcs of the pics or they are gun-metal coloured? They seem so... darkish. Thanks!
Pretty sure those are just little bit dirty.
__________________
MonacoBlueE90 is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #95
Moutamid
Lieutenant
 
Moutamid's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: oman

Posts: 553
iTrader: (1)

Looks great brother
Good job i like it
__________________
Sparkling Graphite|| JB4 G5 ISO|| VRSF DP|| VRSF 7 FMIC || BMS DCI||BMS Flash|| CF Performance Spoiler|| Aero Lip|| Rear Aero|| AG M359|| Black Kindey Grills|| Lci Tails||M3 Side Skirt
Moutamid is offline   Oman
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #96
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex07 View Post
Nice car and nice wheels! Do u mind telling me which styling and what size are those? Also is it only bcs of the pics or they are gun-metal coloured? They seem so... darkish. Thanks!
thank you so much! these wheels are actually just my stock 16" style 286's, and the only reason that they look like they're GM is cause my car was really dirty when i took these pics, but nonetheless thanks for your kind words
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
Pretty sure those are just little bit dirty.
yup btw i luvvv your silver ARC-8's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoutamidBiturbo View Post
Looks great brother
Good job i like it
thanks bro, your car is also one of my many favorite SGM E92's on here!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #97
FrankiE90
Major General
 
FrankiE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Krooked Sk8board
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Posts: 8,617
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankiE90
Alan I need to buy u spacers
and lowering springs. 20mm
and hr race springs. gawd dayum.



e90 looks good, I can see ur bimmer
already finished.
__________________
FrankiE90 AKA:.[The TANK] *CLICK THE SIG
2011 335 E90 MTECH 6MT KW V3 INJEN Intake Berk 4" DP Vanguard V2 exhaust Procede V5 Stoptech BBK RPI Scoops Karbonwerk CSL Trunk LUX H8 19" BBS LM 18" BBS GT4
FrankiE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #98
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
Alan I need to buy u spacers
and lowering springs. 20mm
and hr race springs. gawd dayum.



e90 looks good, I can see ur bimmer
already finished.
haha thanks Frankie and yup my next mod will be goin' on very shortly...stay tuned

btw i've always been a huge fan of your SG E90 LTMW FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

TiAg FTW!

Last edited by Alen E90; 01-03-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #99
magmd
Major General
 
magmd's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 5,272
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Holy Shit! Frankenstein version 1 is still alive! I am happy to see it is still bringing some joy to an enthusiast. Don't mind the haters. They have been hating on this kit since day 1. I got all kinds of negative comments back then.

I think you have a ton of potential with your car now that this kit is on. There are so many better mods for E92 than the E90. I think the haters can't see past the stock bumper. Once you get that squared away, with drop, wheels it will look super sick!

I can answer for you: Why did LTMW not just cut this for you? Well, the E90 fender is metal. E92 fender is plastic. So, bonding them together will not last with time. Vorsteiner did do the first prototype for me from my stock parts. But then made a mold for me. With that mold, they made a 1 piece all plastic version which will have no issue at the joining point of the two pieces. The hood is also a one of a kind. The e90 hood is 3cm wider than E92. So if you do a straight swap, you will have big gaps. They widened my orginial metal hood and put in the hood bump. Then made a mold of that...which created your one piece custom Vorsteiner hood. What a journey back in the day.

I am not on here very much, but if you want any more info or history lesson let me know. My car now has M3 front end but I don't drive it much anymore. Which makes me consider selling that front end as well, and going back to stock...but not 2006 stock, maybe just back to LCI version. Any takers?
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
magmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #100
magmd
Major General
 
magmd's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 5,272
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
BTW, this is when the car looked like when I was rocking this kit. Have fun doing your mods! I will keep an eye out for ya!
Attached Images
   
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
magmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #101
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

^^^ the front looks a little awkward IMO. Looks to skinny and small compared to the middle and rear of the car. Maybe a lip may help or something but something just looks off with the black one pictured above
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #102
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

looks clean, congrats!
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #103
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
Holy Shit! Frankenstein version 1 is still alive! I am happy to see it is still bringing some joy to an enthusiast. Don't mind the haters. They have been hating on this kit since day 1. I got all kinds of negative comments back then.

I think you have a ton of potential with your car now that this kit is on. There are so many better mods for E92 than the E90. I think the haters can't see past the stock bumper. Once you get that squared away, with drop, wheels it will look super sick!

I can answer for you: Why did LTMW not just cut this for you? Well, the E90 fender is metal. E92 fender is plastic. So, bonding them together will not last with time. Vorsteiner did do the first prototype for me from my stock parts. But then made a mold for me. With that mold, they made a 1 piece all plastic version which will have no issue at the joining point of the two pieces. The hood is also a one of a kind. The e90 hood is 3cm wider than E92. So if you do a straight swap, you will have big gaps. They widened my orginial metal hood and put in the hood bump. Then made a mold of that...which created your one piece custom Vorsteiner hood. What a journey back in the day.

I am not on here very much, but if you want any more info or history lesson let me know. My car now has M3 front end but I don't drive it much anymore. Which makes me consider selling that front end as well, and going back to stock...but not 2006 stock, maybe just back to LCI version. Any takers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
BTW, this is when the car looked like when I was rocking this kit. Have fun doing your mods! I will keep an eye out for ya!
ohhhhh myyyyy guhhhhhh...Magmd replied to my thread?!?!?!?!, Mag i can't believe you've replied to my thread, i always thought to myself that what would magmd think of his E90.2 kit if he were to see it 5 years later, and i actually always hoped that you would one day see this thread and im really glad that you did, and also thanks so much for all the support and i cant thank you enough for giving me the inspiration of doing this conversion, you rocked this kit sooo perfectly on your BSM E90 and im extremely happy to keep this kit alive!

btw i also want to thank you for posting these AWESOME pics of the kit when it was still on your ride and i cant wait to see this kit shine once all of my other mods are on, once again i just wanna thank you for all the support and inspiration!
__________________

TiAg FTW!

Last edited by Alen E90; 01-07-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #104
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi - 92 MB 300E
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad & Tobago / NYC

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

i was mindfucked at first but i do like it!
Davin is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #105
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,538
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
BTW, this is when the car looked like when I was rocking this kit. Have fun doing your mods! I will keep an eye out for ya!
nothin like the original
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #106
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
had to do a double take!
VSmotorsports is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #107
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 391
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
Ok, where are these updates already? We need updates!
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #108
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
^^^ the front looks a little awkward IMO. Looks to skinny and small compared to the middle and rear of the car. Maybe a lip may help or something but something just looks off with the black one pictured above
thats actually magmd's E90 back when he had this kit on his car and IMO he was rocking it very nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeg28 View Post
looks clean, congrats!
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
i was mindfucked at first but i do like it!
haha, thanks!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #109
BAL278
Captain
 
BAL278's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi JB
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North NJ

Posts: 925
iTrader: (3)

Can't wait to see the update pics!!
__________________

2008 335xi Jet Black//Coral Red
Procede V5//VRSF DPs//AMS FMIC//KW V1//M3 Sways & Sub Bushings// Alpina AT flash
Apex EC-7//Hankook V12//Dinan CAI
BAL278 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #110
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,459
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
nothin like the original
sooooo true!
__________________

TiAg FTW!

Last edited by Alen E90; 01-08-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST