E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW has made the X1 electric version

07-24-2014, 02:38 AM   #1
OrangeOneGuy

Drives: 128i

Arrow BMW has made the X1 electric version

I just heard the news that BMW is actively pursuing electric car products in other markets, rather than the i3 and i8 we are now seeing in the US here. For example, according to the following article, BMW setup a dedicated brand in China to produce pure electric version of some BMW current cars, such as the X1 SUV:

Report: BMW Will Build R&D Center in China, Expanding Zinoro Brand

From BMW Zinoro's website, the electric X1 (they call it the 1E) is powered by a 168hp/184 lb-ft electric motor, and the battery pack can support the range up to 93 miles. This is much better and practical than some other electric cars such as the Nissan Leaf, from the range aspect.

I hope BMW can bring more interesting models such as the X1E to the US. From the photo shown in the article, I think it even has better build quality than the Tesla Model S; if it is priced right, it should has very good sales volume.

07-25-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
Dackelone

Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54

Very interesting.

I know BMW is expanding its Active Hybrid model lineup for the Chinese market. You will see smaller gasoline engines mated to its electric hybrid motors.

Dackel
Dackelone is offline   Germany
      07-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #3
ilurvdacake

Drives: 120D M Coupé F30 M on order

If you remember they did the active E for the 1 series before. I wish they didn't take them back I would have totally bought one

ilurvdacake is offline   Wales
      07-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
SCOTT26
Colonel

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Very interesting.

I know BMW is expanding its Active Hybrid model lineup for the Chinese market. You will see smaller gasoline engines mated to its electric hybrid motors.

Dackel
Yes this is apparent in the Vision Future Luxury Concept potential 9er car. It uses a Six Cylinder mated to its electric hybrid drivetrain in order to generate its power.
Such an option would be apparent alongside the potential 9er V12 super flagship. As part of its global feedback tour the Vision Future Luxury hits the US in August.
      07-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
SCOTT26
Colonel

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeOneGuy View Post
I just heard the news that BMW is actively pursuing electric car products in other markets, rather than the i3 and i8 we are now seeing in the US here. For example, according to the following article, BMW setup a dedicated brand in China to produce pure electric version of some BMW current cars, such as the X1 SUV:

Report: BMW Will Build R&D Center in China, Expanding Zinoro Brand

From BMW Zinoro's website, the electric X1 (they call it the 1E) is powered by a 168hp/184 lb-ft electric motor, and the battery pack can support the range up to 93 miles. This is much better and practical than some other electric cars such as the Nissan Leaf, from the range aspect.

I hope BMW can bring more interesting models such as the X1E to the US. From the photo shown in the article, I think it even has better build quality than the Tesla Model S; if it is priced right, it should has very good sales volume.

The Zinoro 1E is known as a quick turnaround project to get something to the market very quickly. You cannot buy a 1E in China , you can only lease.
It's aimed at continuous awareness being directed towards sustainability, it is to provide customers the ample opportunity of using an electric vehicle which in China has become very easy due to the large amounts of Electric charging infrastructure being implemented at a rapid rate.
      07-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2002 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeOneGuy View Post
bimmerjph is offline   United_States