E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > INPA



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
777ER
Lieutenant
 
777ER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 561
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to 777ER
INPA

I seem to have a a/c blower issue and it was mentioned about using INPA to re-init all the air flaps.

See here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853788


What is INPA and how do I get access to it?
__________________
-Chris
2007 Montego Blue 328xi


Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
777ER is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
 
cptcrunch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

See the sticking "CODING SUCCESS". INPA is the software used to code the car. You will need a cable, laptop and something running Windows XP or 7 32-bit.
__________________
2011 335D Space Grey, Black Leather Interior, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 6FL, Satellite Radio, Nav, Base Audio
cptcrunch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
pweber
Banned
 
pweber's Avatar
 
Drives: M57 330D
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Heilbronn

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
See the sticking "CODING SUCCESS". INPA is the software used to code the car. You will need a cable, laptop and something running Windows XP or 7 32-bit.
It isn't true. INPA is for diagnosis and not for coding, and works also with 64 bit operation system.
pweber is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
 
cptcrunch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
It isn't true. INPA is for diagnosis and not for coding, and works also with 64 bit operation system.
He mentioned INPA which is why I responded with what he needed. And yes, whie INPA works with 64bit, once you get it working you may want to code, and ncsexpert only works with 32bit.
__________________
2011 335D Space Grey, Black Leather Interior, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 6FL, Satellite Radio, Nav, Base Audio
cptcrunch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
BMW..
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
He mentioned INPA which is why I responded with what he needed. And yes, whie INPA works with 64bit, once you get it working you may want to code, and ncsexpert only works with 32bit.
I have coded 15 cars running windows 8 64 bit without a VM. I beg to differ
BMW.. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
pweber
Banned
 
pweber's Avatar
 
Drives: M57 330D
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Heilbronn

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
He mentioned INPA which is why I responded with what he needed. And yes, whie INPA works with 64bit, once you get it working you may want to code, and ncsexpert only works with 32bit.
NCS expert also works with Windows 7/8 64 bit.
pweber is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
 
cptcrunch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.. View Post
I have coded 15 cars running windows 8 64 bit without a VM. I beg to differ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
NCS expert also works with Windows 7/8 64 bit.
Sorry then. Everything I read and in my own testing, NCSExpert refused to run under my windows 7 64bit machine.
__________________
2011 335D Space Grey, Black Leather Interior, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 6FL, Satellite Radio, Nav, Base Audio
cptcrunch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
pweber
Banned
 
pweber's Avatar
 
Drives: M57 330D
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Heilbronn

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
Sorry then. Everything I read and in my own testing, NCSExpert refused to run under my windows 7 64bit machine.
Try NCSEXPER 4.01 from ST 2.12.
pweber is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST