E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > UK Procede FBO Car: Rolling Road Analysis?

10-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
gda_scooby
Rep

Drives: modified 335i coupe

UK Procede FBO Car: Rolling Road Analysis?

Hi all.

Hoping those with much more knowledge can help me analyse the attached rolling road results.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A UK CAR, AND ALL VALUES ETC ARE UK ONES!

My 07 335i spec is as follows:
- AR Design High Flow Catted Downpipes (fitted by Birds Auto)
- Quaife Limited Slip Differential (fitted by Birds Auto)
- Hartge Anti Roll Bar Front & Rear Kit (fitted by Birds Auto)
- Vishnu Procede V3 PnP
- BMS Air Intake Filter
- Helix Front Mounted Inter Cooler
- Forge Dump Valves
- Modified Clutch Delay Valve

Car was running Tesco Momentum 99 petrol (remember this is a UK 99 octane) with no additives, and has run like this for several full tanks.

Weather is typical Scotland, ie snow on the ground, about 2 degrees C outside. We are at more or less sea level on the coast. Was very wet outside, and tyres are 19" 265/30 19s with about 2mm tread left (ie wheelspin very probable). Turbos very very rattly

No logs with Procede possible, as i cant get the bloomin usb drivers to install on any PC (win7 or bare bones XP), but thats for a different rant.

Procede running on the more aggressive 2nd map.

Another 335i was there and ran next, it made about 50bhp more, on JB4 and meth only, no other mods. It was running about 19psi though.

Thoughts? especially on the AFRs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Drives: 335i - Big turbos

no stock run? thats a very high reading dyno. Also you shouldnt run map 2 without meth or higher octane . which stage ?
AFR is a bit on the lean side for my taste.
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
gda_scooby
Rep

I have no stock run, I recently purchased the car already fully modified.

I think the readings are a bit high as well, but saying that, the run was part of a club meet, and other near standard cars produced numbers where they should be, and other modifieds were slightly under. (off topic, but my brothers RS6 V10 was there and made 650bhp, 600lbft, with 400lbft at only 2500 rpm)

re the map selection - i thought map 1 and 2 on procede was for standard fuels, (0 being valet) and 3 and 4 were for meth.

re Octane - how much more than 99 octane do you want to run?

in this context, what do you mean for stage? turbos are standard, if thats the point.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
guru_method
...Takin' names
No_Country
Rep

Drives: SBM 08 335i, AW 09 135i M

It's in BHP not WHP so that might be the reason it reads high. WHP with that octane gas and your mods should translate to around that BHP so I believe it's correct. You should try to get a computer that supports the Procede interface and make sure you have the latest and correct maps installed. It does look like you are running a bit lean.

As far as running map 2, if you are running the latest maps with no autotune, map 1 and 2 are the same. This has been confirmed by Vishnu, although anyone's confusion is understandable because they don't seem to make anything crystal clear.

I also suffer from the USB Driver install issues and I hate it. It's so not user friendly it's incredible.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
gda_scooby
Rep

the maps being the same would certainly explain a lot, as monitoring boost its hard to notice any difference in back to back runs.

yes the peak figures are bhp - 450whp is roughly what its doing.

USB drivers should probably be the subject of a whole seperate subject - i have basically flashed a compelte laptop back to XP SP3 with nothing on it, and it still not find the driver (after doing the preinstaller thingy)

Has anyone made a non vishnu driver work? its just a chip on a pcb, so the latest manufacturer supplied one should work, but i couldnt get it to work in win 7 either. Its a major stumbling block to customer loyalty and if i dont find away around it soon, then i will have to change it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

For the Rev 3, the USB driver is posted on the Vishnu website.

REV 3 USB DRIVER

Once downloaded and installed, follow the directions in the READ ME FIRST!!!.txt file otherwise you'll have issues due to the fact the port assignment could be wrong. I have mine set to port 3.

If you have e85 (85% Ethanol Fuel) mixed with your high test fuel, you should be making more BHP than the car with the JB and Meth. But you need to get the cable hooked up, upload the latest maps, pull some logs, and tune your car accordingly.

Once you get logs, feel free to shoot me a copy via PM. I can help you get started and provide some guidance with boost, timing, and fueling. You'll want to make small corrections and then log to make sure it's not causing issues with timing or AFR.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
gda_scooby
Rep

i have tried everything exactly as off vishnus website, and then some.

beleive me when i say it that i work with usb comm ports for a living, so know my way around these things, but i cant even get close with it at the moment.

i had no add ons on my fuel, purely supermarket pump petrol, albeit 99 (UK) octane.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

I know I had to change the comm to port 3 once installed. I actually just upgraded from a rev 2.5 to a rev 3 just a few months back. Once I set the port I didn't have any issues. Try another port. You may have a port conflict if you have a comm port on your laptop. If the laptop is using comm 1, you can't use 1 or 3 due to port conflict. You must use port 2 or 4. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
Nigelo
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 335i se

Hi gda scooby - hopefully get yourself sorted, but just wanted to put dibs on your quaife diff when your selling! lol - got to get in early!
Appreciate 0