E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Blu-Ray in car? Nav updates?

10-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
Blu-Ray in car? Nav updates?

This one's a twofer...

First of all, I finally got around to testing DVD playback in my '09 335i w/ iDrive today. As I expected, a standard DVD works, but Blu-Ray doesn't. Is there a drop in upgrade that will enable Blu-Ray playback? (this is really quite frivolous; I probably will never play a DVD in this car again. What I'm really thinking of is it would be cool to burn .mp3s to a BD-ROM but then again I've got a 32GB thumb drive already installed and that works fine, hopefully by the time that I get enough new music to fill that up that 64GB small format thumb drives will be available.)

Second question - when is this year's nav update coming out? This is somewhat more urgent as I'm transitioning to a new position and losing my company car; either I have to carry my Garmin in the Bimmer (which would look ridiculous as I already have a nav screen and a phone holder so I can run the nav and Trapster at the same time) or I need an update. But for the prices BMW charges, I would like to hold off on updating until this year's update is out. I did try to call my local dealership as I was also hoping to drop a wheel off tomorrow for a cosmetic repair, but apparently they are closed due to Sandy (which is why I have time to get online and ask questions like this.)

thanks!
Appreciate 0