E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > BMW Drivers Political Views

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Mitt Romney 147 47.12%
Barack Obama 165 52.88%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

11-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #199
secretsquirrel
Colonel

Drives: 335i nFifty4LiFe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401FlaGATOR View Post
He had full control of both houses of government and we got ObamaCare not ObamaJOBS and we are the worse for it 4 years later.
Worse than 4 years ago! We were losing 800k jobs a month and the dow was close to 6500. We're now creating jobs each month and the Dow has doubled. I can dig up threads where people were seriously talking about silly things about stockpiling lead and gold because they were afraid the dollar was not going to be worth the money it was printed on.

Its hard to talk about how bad things are from a BMW forum isn't it?

Quote:
Romney has some common sense approaches that appeal to me on a rational basis like using all the forms of energy available to us to get America working again and unleash American Industrialism.
Anyone can say they will use all forms of energy. But that's what the president has done. Do you have any idea of how much we've increased oil production since Obama has been in office. Here's a chart to illustrate. In short, the production went down during the Bush 2 years, but increased sharply in 2008.

Here is the information from another source in case you'd like more evidence.
http://www.indexmundi.com/energy.asp...on-growth-rate

And finally, you realize that the oil companies could hire more people and drill now if they wanted right? But that's now how that business works. Oil companies like to work very lean and hire people for certain jobs, then cut them even though they could easily afford to keep them. And like any smart business, release more product once the demand (and price) gets higher. They could increase production and hire more people at any time, but they have incentives to maximize profits.
      11-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #200
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Yea a woman's body is her own but the baby in her isn't,
Are you for real? How could you possibly say something like that?
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
      11-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #201
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
The youth of this country... We are doomed

Quote:
Screw the world man, we ll nuke em all! We are America, we bomb yo ass cause we have cowboys as presidents.

Yes, yes we are.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
      11-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #202
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant

Drives: Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post

I wish all BMW's had a feature that blocked right-wing talk radio
Yes, because blocking out information that has any opposition to your personal views is an entirely logical course of action.... dear god, come on man.

This is exactly the problem. The bi-partisan system has created this environment where fuck-tards get one view cemented into their head and cannot dislodge their heads from out of their asses to look at both sides. The only way to make your views stronger is to test them to the max. This will result in one of two things: A) your original view will become falsified by other claims and you will now accept a new view or B) your original view will stand up to the opposition and thus become stronger.

By ignoring the other side you are doing yourself and this country a disfavor. Sure extreme-right and extreme-left media is annoying as hell, but that's not what I'm getting at. There are plenty of ways to listen to information from both sides and formulate your own opinion. Remove your head from your anal-cavity and put your views to the test to create a better, stronger, and (most importantly) less ignorant view.

And this is why I hate politics.

/end rant
      11-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #203
Sam335ix
Major

Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
Cause he da daddy lol

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
      11-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #204
Sam335ix
Major

Quote:
Yes, yes we are.
Nice, picking sentences to make a point? Read the complete post and don't change what I was trying to say.

11-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #205
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class

Drives: e90 325i ZSP Monaco Blue Step

Anyone who states Obama is in favor of low gas and electricity prices is flat out wrong, unless they include "for political reasons only":

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

Just think of it this way, Obama thinks that low energy and gas prices will encourage people to use more fuel which in turn will produce more CO2. Ergo it is safe to assume that secretly he would want less consumption. That is why Obama the candidate stated "you can build that coal plant, but you will go bankrupt".

Notice he doesn't talk anymore about cap and trade, why? it's the economy stupid..

These are times when Obama goes off script and states his true intentions like he did yesterday in a campaign appearance where the only line here uttered off script was to implore voters to "vote for revenge".

Here's just a sampling of quotes from Carter and Obama speeches on energy. Notice any similarities?

Carter: We can't substantially increase our domestic production. The cost will keep going up.

Obama: We can't just drill our way to lower gas prices.

Carter: We must face an unpleasant fact about energy prices. They are going up, whether we pass an energy program or not.

Obama: Anybody who says we can get gas down to 2bucks a gallon just isn't telling the truth.

Carter: We are running out of gas and oil.

Obama: We cannot sustain a future powered by a fuel that is rapidly disappearing.

Carter: We can protect ourselves from uncertain supplies by reducing our demand for oil.

Obama: If we really want energy security and energy independence, we've got to start looking at how we use less oil.

Carter: We must start now to develop the new, unconventional sources of energy we will rely on in the next century.

Obama: With more research and incentives, we can break our dependence on oil.

Carter: I will soon submit legislation to Congress calling for the creation of this nation's first solar bank, which will help us achieve the crucial goal of 20% of our energy coming from solar power.

Obama: I want to make sure when these guys are grown up that they're seeing solar panels all across the country.

Carter: Conservation is the quickest, cheapest, most practical source of energy.

Obama: Making our buildings more energy-efficient is one of the fastest, easiest and cheapest ways to save money.

Carter: If we fail to act boldly today, then we surely face a greater series of crises tomorrow.

Obama: We have to make a serious, nationwide commitment to developing new sources of energy and we have to do it right away.

Carter: These efforts will cost money, a lot of money, and that is why Congress must enact the windfall profits tax without delay.

Obama: It's time to end the taxpayer giveaway to an industry that's never been more profitable, (and) invest in clean energy that's never been more promising.

Carter: This is an effort which requires vision and cooperation for all Americans. ... I can't tell you that these measures will be easy.

Obama: Energy independence will require an all-hands-on deck effort from America. ... This will not be easy, and it will not happen overnight.
      11-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #206
secretsquirrel
Colonel

Quote:
Anyone who states Obama is in favor of low gas and electricity prices is flat out wrong, unless they include "for political reasons only":

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

Just think of it this way, Obama thinks that low energy and gas prices will encourage people to use more fuel which in turn will produce more CO2. Ergo it is safe to assume that secretly he would want less consumption. That is why Obama the candidate stated "you can build that coal plant, but you will go bankrupt".

Notice he doesn't talk anymore about cap and trade, why? it's the economy stupid..

These are times when Obama goes off script and states his true intentions like he did yesterday in a campaign appearance where the only line here uttered off script was to implore voters to "vote for revenge".

Here's just a sampling of quotes from Carter and Obama speeches on energy. Notice any similarities?

Carter: We can't substantially increase our domestic production. The cost will keep going up.

Obama: We can't just drill our way to lower gas prices.

Carter: We must face an unpleasant fact about energy prices. They are going up, whether we pass an energy program or not.

Obama: Anybody who says we can get gas down to 2bucks a gallon just isn't telling the truth.

Carter: We are running out of gas and oil.

Obama: We cannot sustain a future powered by a fuel that is rapidly disappearing.

Carter: We can protect ourselves from uncertain supplies by reducing our demand for oil.

Obama: If we really want energy security and energy independence, we've got to start looking at how we use less oil.

Carter: We must start now to develop the new, unconventional sources of energy we will rely on in the next century.

Obama: With more research and incentives, we can break our dependence on oil.

Carter: I will soon submit legislation to Congress calling for the creation of this nation's first solar bank, which will help us achieve the crucial goal of 20% of our energy coming from solar power.

Obama: I want to make sure when these guys are grown up that they're seeing solar panels all across the country.

Carter: Conservation is the quickest, cheapest, most practical source of energy.

Obama: Making our buildings more energy-efficient is one of the fastest, easiest and cheapest ways to save money.

Carter: If we fail to act boldly today, then we surely face a greater series of crises tomorrow.

Obama: We have to make a serious, nationwide commitment to developing new sources of energy and we have to do it right away.

Carter: These efforts will cost money, a lot of money, and that is why Congress must enact the windfall profits tax without delay.

Obama: It's time to end the taxpayer giveaway to an industry that's never been more profitable, (and) invest in clean energy that's never been more promising.

Carter: This is an effort which requires vision and cooperation for all Americans. ... I can't tell you that these measures will be easy.

Obama: Energy independence will require an all-hands-on deck effort from America. ... This will not be easy, and it will not happen overnight.
Wait, I give you hard numbers and you give me a lot of quotes that basically state that we cant continue to put all of our eggs in the proverbial oil basket (which is true). I only scanned parts of your text because it was hard to read.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that you don't know how oil is produced and sold as a global commodity. The oil companies decide how much oil they would like to bring to market and they sell it to the highest bidder. To reduce prices via more production we would have to do 2 things:

1. Create a quota that the US oil companies have to meet each period.

2. Notify oil companies that they can no longer sell their oil in the global market. They must sell it to companies who plan to keep it in the American market (for less money than they are making now). I have no idea what kind of effect this would have on the commodity market, but it wouldn't be good. Further more, the oil companies would become an puppet of the govt and shareholders would bail because they would have no incentive to invest because the focus would not be maximizing profits.
      11-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #207
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class

Probably many on this board did not grow up in the Carter era, I did.

I grew up in Dongan Hills, Staten Island, New York, (God Bless everyone in SI... you are in our prayers.)

I remember those days, odd and even numbers at the end of your license plate dictated what day you could fuel up.

All of the intelligentsia at the time told us that we had only 30 years of oil left.. Let me see 1978 + 30 = 2008. Now we come to find we potentially have a 100+ years of oil.

We have plenty of time to refine our pursuit of renewables. As an EE I know a solar panel is only about 18% efficient and the Chinese make them cheaper than anyone else. Millions on failed solar businesses would have paid for a lot of research or put a lot of actual solar panels on people's homes, reducing our dependency on oil.

Last edited by 401FlaGATOR; 11-04-2012 at 08:59 PM.
      11-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #208
Amini77
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM E90 330xi

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
There is NOTHING to brag about the 330xi
Check my join date -- you FAIL AGAIN

And, I would suggest you to skip commenting on Asia/World as it only shows your limited knowledge and education. Still waiting for your world travels list...
LOL I'm not bragging you arrogant prick, you too had a n52, why are you talking shit? ..I dont give 2 fucks about how long ago you joined you're an idiot. I have a modest car that I'm happy with I'm humble about my car and look at your conceded ass bragging and looking down at my car? Really..you're low..you're dirt. Okey have fun trading your noodles dimwit. I don't need to explain myself to someone as low as you.
Amini77 is offline   United_States
      11-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #209
Amini77
Brigadier General

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Because it takes 2 people to make a baby..?
      11-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #210
secretsquirrel
Colonel

Wait, I'm confused. Earlier you stated that Romney is the better choice because he believes that all forms of energy should be used.

Quote:
Romney has some common sense approaches that appeal to me on a rational basis like using all the forms of energy available to us to get America working again and unleash American Industrialism.
Now you state that we have time to work on pursuing those renewable.
Quote:
We have plenty of time to refine our pursuit of renewables.
I actually agreed with you before I disagreed with you.
I think we should be working towards renewable now and not when gas is $7.00, $8.00, or $10.00 a gallon. Its going to take a long time to achieve and gas isn't getting any cheaper.

China is developing at an alarming rate and India will be next. The demand from these two countries individually will dwarf the demand of the US.
      11-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #211
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Wait, I'm confused. Earlier you stated that Romney is the better choice because he believes that all forms of energy should be used.

Now you state that we have time to work on pursuing those renewable.

I actually agreed with you before I disagreed with you.
I think we should be working towards renewable now and not when gas is $7.00, $8.00, or $10.00 a gallon. Its going to take a long time to achieve and gas isn't getting any cheaper.

China is developing at an alarming rate and India will be next. The demand from these two countries individually will dwarf the demand of the US.
Well maybe we do agree.. Let me clarify my earlier statement:

We have potentially 100+ years of oil left. There is no need to skyrocket people's energy prices at the expense of jobs and the economy. We should strive to keep energy prices low whilst exploring alernative energy. This is the principle of "Peace through Strength" that Reagan espoused and which Romney extolls.

What we are doing now under Obama is akin to trying to fly before the Wright Brothers were born. In a decade or more we (or some private individual) might discover an energy technology that will spur a huge economic rally organically.

And this is not only with oil, but with loggers as well, under Obama, the Dept. of Interior has tried expanding National Parks against the outcries of loggers. Also much of the increase in oil production today is in spite of Obama's policies, because it is occurring on private land.
      11-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #212
Sam335ix
Major

Quote:
khafesho, kirit kheli kocholoh chetori mekhai a doghtaerh bekoni?

11-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #213
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Quote:
Nice, picking sentences to make a point? Read the complete post and don't change what I was trying to say.
That was slick right. I did read the post and proved your point. Let me make a correction. We are FUCKED!
      11-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #214
Sam335ix
Major

Quote:
That was slick right. I did read the post and proved your point. Let me make a correction. We are FUCKED!
I wouldnt say totaly but close enough either way. I just want to drive my new m3 before the world ends, just a few months lol.

11-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #215
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Quote:
obviously I understand that. But it's the woman that carries that baby for 9 months. It's the woman that would go into labor with that baby, or would ultimately have the final say in having an abortion.

Please forgive me, I don't mean to criticize, I really don't. It's just that I read that line and took from it that a woman doesn't really have as much say in having an abortion as she should.
      11-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #216
Amini77
Brigadier General

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
khafesho, kirit kheli kocholoh chetori mekhai a doghtaerh bekoni?
Age kiram kochike pas male to aslan nist az bas kochik hast pesar!! vaghan male man enghad bozorge mire to cose dokhtar bad az koonesh miad birun
      11-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #217
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Quote:
I wouldnt say totaly but close enough either way. I just want to drive my new m3 before the world ends, just a few months lol.
Ok. I'm willing to bet you're going to vote for Romney. I'm not calling you out at all, I just want to know, why do republicans, or right leaning voters feel that THE WORLD IS GOING TO COME TO AN END AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO HAVE FWD CARS LOL?
Earlier in this thread i mentioned progression, and how i believe that if we can change what we do here, we can make other countries give us the respect that red,white,and blue bleeding citizens think they give us now. i don't want to live in a country that is regarded as a laughing stock and I believe that Obama has the country going in that direction. According to the rest of the world, they actually feel that Romney would do more damage than good. He is regarded at another bush. I really don't mean to stoop to that low of a rebuttal, but it's the truth.
      11-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #218
Amini77
Brigadier General

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
obviously I understand that. But it's the woman that carries that baby for 9 months. It's the woman that would go into labor with that baby, or would ultimately have the final say in having an abortion.

Please forgive me, I don't mean to criticize, I really don't. It's just that I read that line and took from it that a woman doesn't really have as much say in having an abortion as she should.
Then what business does she have sleeping around if she's unprepared for a baby. Use a condom or something or birth control. It'll save her a lot more then having to go through all that.
      11-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #219
BrazilianBimmer
Captain

Drives: Black e90 325i

Wooohooooo Obama is going to WIN big!
      11-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #220
secretsquirrel
Colonel

Quote:
There is no need to skyrocket people's energy prices at the expense of jobs and the economy. We should strive to keep energy prices low whilst exploring alernative energy.
OK. How do you propose we keep energy (particularly oil prices) low? We both know that demand, not the govt sets prices on commodities. The only way to keep prices low is to stop driving or stop heating you house in the winter.
Another way you could possibly achieve this is by having the government taking over the oil industry and forbidding them to sell on the open market (where oil companies get the highest bids). But as I stated earlier, this would probably be disastrous.

But the bigger issue with the Drill baby drill argument is that we don't have enough oil in our little puddle to affect the global ocean of oil. It doesn't matter how much we drill, we could only affect the price of oil by a few percent per gallon if we pumped all of the oil that we could. Which wouldn't even happen in the first place because oil companies want to maximize profits.

Quote:
Also much of the increase in oil production today is in spite of Obama's policies, because it is occurring on private land
Is your argument that we should set aside more government land even though the oil companies don't want to drill on this land yet? Like I stated above, they are stock piling drilling locations for when the price of oil gets high enough that they can maximize profits. They have plenty of drilling sites but not the incentive to increase drill further.
Closed Thread