E90Post

Evolve Automotive

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Reduced throttle response?!

11-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!

Drives: M3

Reduced throttle response?!

Hey everyone,

I have a 2008 6MT 335 with 75k km. Today while driving to work I noticed that the throttle response suddenly got reduced. Meaning that I had to push the throttle to a lleast 40% to get any load applied. From 0 to 40% it was as if the throttle was closed. It was also difficult to get the car going from a stand still since I had to apply much more throttle than normal. But at wot I didn't notice any change in performance.

After a few minutes at a red light, the reduced engine power notice came up and I then shut off and restarted the engine and the light was gone. But the low throttle response remained.

I tried revving the car in neutral and I never noticed the bad response, it's only while moving and in gear that its apparent. So that eliminates a faulty throttle actuator, but who knows.

Any clue guys?

My warranty is over so I hope it's nothing serious!

And sorry about the long post but I wanted to give a good description so you guys could help me figure out what it could be.

Thanks a bunch!
      11-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude

Drives: E28 M5, E92 335i

I got the same phenomenon earlier this weekend. Found a fault for fuel pressure sensor. Hasn't happened again, and no reduced power mode. Also had a code for water pump excessive current draw. I cleared them all, will check again to see what has come back.

You'll have to get the codes checked at minimum to determine where to start.
E28 M5 w/ buncha stuff, R171 SLK350
JamesM3M5 is offline   United_States
      11-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
I got the same phenomenon earlier this weekend. Found a fault for fuel pressure sensor. Hasn't happened again, and no reduced power mode. Also had a code for water pump excessive current draw. I cleared them all, will check again to see what has come back.

You'll have to get the codes checked at minimum to determine where to start.
Ya I would've checked the code but my JB3 doesn't have that feature and I don't have a BT tool. I guess I'll be upgrading to a JB4 now.

Just an update, it seems like the problem is gone now after driving some more.
Not sure whether I should take it in to the dealer or not.
OverDrive is offline   Canada