E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Value / Sale comparison



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Hey folks, just looking for some insight and opinions so I can weigh my options.

I have an 08 335i E93 MT. It's literally fully loaded (all options) and has about 88,000km. BSM with brown Dakota leathers and trim.

I'm in Ontario , Canada.

Any ideas on what this cars current value is? I'm thinking its still worth about $40k+ because its loaded and in great condition.

I'm wondering if I should sell now or wait for the spring considering its a vert. (Selling may very well be an option if all goes my way with work) - this is a little bit premature, but I just wanna get things prepared.

Edit: it also has MSport front bumper with aero package rear/PDC. It's on 19" 269's w/ Pirelli's. New drilled/slotted SP rear pads/rotors.
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Not sure if you use KellyBlueBook in Canada, but they put it around mid-to-upper $20s (which is kinda what I guessed off hand).

I highly, highly doubt you could get $40k.
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock
Not sure if you use KellyBlueBook in Canada, but they put it around mid-to-upper $20s (which is kinda what I guessed off hand).

I highly, highly doubt you could get $40k.
That's likely US prices. You would never ever find an 08 335i MT fully loaded for under $35k here in Ontario.

Maybe if it had accidents, many problems and needed several $$ in repairs lol.

Yes we get raped up north....

Edit:
Just checked and came in at $36,759. This does not include any options lol...now you see what I mean. My car has $10k+ in options which can still be worth $4-5k now.

Also checked VMR Canada.
$35,450...a little low, but close to above. This is with some options.
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Wedge1967
Banned
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 2,172
iTrader: (3)

In Excellent condition your car would only bring $25k US. Only 3% of cars meet the criteria for excellent condition on average. So if you can get $35k in Canada, take the money and don't look back. If you can sell my car also while you're at it, I'll pay you $1k for a quick flip. You can then convert your monopoly money to US Dollars and buy a newer car in the Bay Area, have a single turbo upgrade done, visit Disney, and drive home in your new super car.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Beemw335
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

Posts: 2,016
iTrader: (2)

Alright, so even though its a vert and fully loaded, in private sales it does really make much of a difference as opposed to the original price of a vert vs coupe.
Considering the car is 88k Im assuming its out of warranty?
If so I cant see you getting anything more than 38 at most
Id say 36 is a good price, no lower though
(Live in mtl/ ottawa) so our market values are about the same.
Beemw335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967
In Excellent condition your car would only bring $25k US. Only 3% of cars meet the criteria for excellent condition on average. So if you can get $35k in Canada, take the money and don't look back. If you can sell my car also while you're at it, I'll pay you $1k for a quick flip. You can then convert your monopoly money to US Dollars and buy a newer car in the Bay Area, have a single turbo upgrade done, visit Disney, and drive home in your new super car.
I may consider this when I rebuy in late 2014....

This is all assuming I get the promotion, but I'm preparing anyways because its either sell or upgrade!
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,685
iTrader: (87)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Hey folks, just looking for some insight and opinions so I can weigh my options.

I have an 08 335i E93 MT. It's literally fully loaded (all options) and has about 88,000km. BSM with brown Dakota leathers and trim.

I'm in Ontario , Canada.

Any ideas on what this cars current value is? I'm thinking its still worth about $40k+ because its loaded and in great condition.

I'm wondering if I should sell now or wait for the spring considering its a vert. (Selling may very well be an option if all goes my way with work) - this is a little bit premature, but I just wanna get things prepared.

Edit: it also has MSport front bumper with aero package rear/PDC. It's on 19" 269's w/ Pirelli's. New drilled/slotted SP rear pads/rotors.
You're better off posting this in the Canadian Subforum

Is your car a US or Canadian Car.

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Lankster
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Encinitas

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

I wonder what the trade in value is at a BMW dealership in Canada... If its anywhere near $5k more than you would get for US, then it would be worth it to ship to canada and sell it to a dealership and exchange the C$ check back here in the states...
__________________
Forum Bible http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
JB4, BMS DCI, Dimisa 4" tips, VMR 710 Matt Black, Plasti-Dip Mod
Lankster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
bwsteg
Captain
 
bwsteg's Avatar
 
Drives: AM e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queens NY

Posts: 601
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Where's the ACC radar?
__________________
Acura RSX-S K24a2 JRSC Swap - SOLD
CPO BMW 335i 6MT - SOLD
bwsteg is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Canadian car of course...

I was lucky enough to get a good deal from a private seller (friend of a friend) when I bought in Dec 2011.

Trying not to lose out so much this time around when I get rid of it.
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsteg
Where's the ACC radar?
Top near the rear view mirror...where else would it be lol?
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #12
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 512
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
You can then convert your monopoly money to US Dollars and buy a newer car in the Bay Area,
It's a good time to be converting accumulated monopoly money to US dollars.
Attached Images
 
SuperBmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
demontwinz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 455
iTrader: (0)

i think your best price is around $28 - 30k no offense

just keep it ..
demontwinz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demontwinz
i think your best price is around $28 - 30k no offense

just keep it ..
Lol a Toronto guy....

Have you seen the local market and what dealers are selling for? You can find a 335 E93 in the range of $36-$42 depending on options an km....
I'm a bit higher on km's, but have all options.

If I get a work vehicle keeping it isn't an option. Otherwise, I'd be doing upgrades
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST