E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Heater blower not working, but defrost blows normal. During this cold snap.

02-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Cory S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i-X

Question Heater blower not working, but defrost blows normal. During this cold snap.

Car sat for 4 days. Temperatures were below zero this weekend. Went out to warm up and drive the car today. I didn't have any blower control at first. Eventually the blower motor became controllable when defrost is on. Works from low to high just fine. When I push off the defrost button to go back to manual control (low mid high on the aiming vents), I get nothing. It does seem to be blowing ever so slightly on speed 1 and 2, but that's all.

Was working fine Thursday morning when I got home from work. Does this sound like a resistor issue?

Seems odd that the blower motor works fine in defrost mode, but not on vent mode.

2011 E90 with 91,800 miles. Car is under full warranty still.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 06:30 AM   #2
Cory S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i-X

Started working properly again when I started the car last night to head to work..... Odd....

Thinking the extreme cold caused the electronic resistor not to function properly on the heater vent control circuit, but the defrost blower circuit was fine..
Appreciate 0