E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Anyone have experience of : ISSE Super Snow Socks

11-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Dizzle
Major

Drives: 320d M Sport

Anyone have experience of : ISSE Super Snow Socks

As per the title does anyone have experience of ISSE Super Snow Socks (the white ones)?

These snow socks unlike others claim to be suitable for use on tarmac as well as snow... SEMA 2011 award winning for engineering etc.

Video on their site http://www.issesafety.com/en/Video-ISSE-2
      11-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
fulcrum
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 330 M Sport

I have some but never needed to use them yet!
fulcrum is offline   United Kingdom
      11-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

I have a set of similar (michelin ones) but only used them on wifes FWD B class. Saying that when I did it allowed me to navigate some steep roads

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=low...328.33,,0,9.97

Going back winter 2011 December when we had all the snow before xmas this road above was littered on both uphillss (its a big dip ) with caras and everybody struggled to get up and down it.

With the socks the car went nice and true with very good control down and up the hill no problems. Its amazing how much they work. No good for long driving anything about 25mph and they will fall apart quickly.

They are all deisgned to get you out of trouble and kind a limp home mode. I would not rely to drive on motorway etc. But to take kids to school or get shopping home if driven slowly will be fine and you must remove them moment you hit gritted road as the tarmac contat will shred them.

Personally now have one car with winter tyres my E90 and wifes B stays with socks. If you plan on lot of journeys than winters are a better bet than these

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon - FOR SALE SHORTLY -
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/Thermal Windscreen / M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack
      11-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
IanS100
Colonel

Drives: 320d LCI M Sport Plus

Don't forget on a RWD car you will need socks on all 4 wheels or you will be able to move but unable to steer
IanS100 is offline   United Kingdom