E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > fuel injector flush? :S

10-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

fuel injector flush? :S

i'm looking to do some maintenance on my car which is at around 108000km now. i feel like the throttle response of my car isnt what it used to be. i was looking to have the intake valve cleaning done and contacted Ivo at Columbus auto, but I work long hours downtown and it is near impossible for me to leave my car with him. He seems like a stand up guy but our schedules just dont line up at all.

I thought i would ask bmw mississauga how much they charge for this and they told me an outrageous amount of $1100. my SA recommended instead that i go for a fuel injector flush instead since its $170 and see if that solves anything. but i thought you cant do fuel injector flush on a DI engine? :S

i feel like they're trying to rip me off with this service... what do you guys think?

heres even a site from BMW toronto for the service stating its not for turbo engines...

http://www.bmwtoronto.ca/special-off...injector-flush
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
abhishriv
Major
Rep

budds bmw is telling me to do engine flush instead
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Tzu
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: 335i

"Injector flush" is just chevron techron fuel injector cleaner poured into your gas tank. You should change all your fluids at that milage though.

For throttle responce, you want a valve cleaning, no two ways about it. Go at it one weekend.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
"Injector flush" is just chevron techron fuel injector cleaner poured into your gas tank. You should change all your fluids at that milage though.

For throttle responce, you want a valve cleaning, no two ways about it. Go at it one weekend.

I called bmw mississauga out on the fuel injector flush and the other SA said they dont do it for turbo engines... yet.. apparently they're waiting for some other chemical for turbos... I really just want to get the intake valves cleaned. maybe i'll have to get all this done if i happen to work from home or take a day off.

anyone know someone else who does the intake cleaning in the downtown area? or does it on weekends?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
runwild
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Jet Black E92

Garage List
2007 328xi Coupe  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Injector flush from bmw is not just injector cleaner from techron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post

If ur gettin the 170 dollar flush they actually remove the injectors from the vehicle and use an $8000 machine to clean each one then put injector cleaner in ur tank....this is way more than jus pouring techron in ur tank...but if u just use a bottle of techron at least before every oil change this service is probably unnecessary..and if u use a top tier gasoline then this prolly is really unnecessary...maybe do it once every 100000 if use god gasoline and occasional techron injector cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
If ur gettin the 170 dollar flush they actually remove the injectors from the vehicle and use an $8000 machine to clean each one then put injector cleaner in ur tank....this is way more than jus pouring techron in ur tank...but if u just use a bottle of techron at least before every oil change this service is probably unnecessary..and if u use a top tier gasoline then this prolly is really unnecessary...maybe do it once every 100000 if use god gasoline and occasional techron injector cleaner.
ya i didnt get it done.. i use a bottle of techron every 6000km and only use shell v-power or petro canada 94 octane.
Appreciate 0