E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > e92 m3 style towhook lost. does the real m3 part fit?

11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
armani12
Peruanito

Drives: 08' AW 335i coupe

e92 m3 style towhook lost. does the real m3 part fit?

Hi everyone,
Today in the morning I noticed my passenger rectangular towhook cover was missing ( not the rounded cover). I have the m3 style front bumper for the 2008 pre-lci e92 model I bought from JLevisw a year ago. I wanted to know if the real M3 bumper towhook cover would fit. I tried to contact jlevisw (looks like they have changer their name) with no success. I called the the dealer in my town to see if they had a real m3 to maybe measure the size, but they none on the lot. Please can someone confirm if the towhooks for the m3 replica and real m3 are identical in size or not. Thabk you in advance.

Btw the dealer gave me the real part number of the cover 51118041150. The price isn't bad but im just worried about the fit.
Attached Images

armani12 is offline   United_States
      11-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
revone

Drives: E92 325i Montegoblau

i may be well off the mark here but that looks like the headlight washer cover to me
      11-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
tofu-
Banned

Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

i thought they came without washer covers and you're supposed to use your own?
      11-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
armani12
Peruanito

Drives: 08' AW 335i coupe

Hey guys sorry for my mistake about calling it towhook cover. This is the headlight washer cover indeed as it was confirmed by a rep from Silicon valley Concepts (I was told they bought JLevisw). Anyway I still have my old aero front bumper, but none of the covers fit perfectly in that hole as I tried before and I did again today. Silicon Valley Concepts let me buy the cover by itself for 10 bucks plus shipping so it wasn't bad after all. Now I just gonna wait till the dealer sends one alpine white car to the auto body repair, so I can throw my cover in it and get it painted for free lol
armani12 is offline   United_States