E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > COBB Accessport Stage 1 a stock 335i

11-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Tell me about it.

i still don't have Signature, PM's, Attachments, etc.

Lame
I thought I was the only one, explains a LOT
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #24
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
indefinitely??
I dunno

I can't send PM's, thus I have no way to contact the Admins.

when I reached out on the threads, they closed my thread. lame.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I thought I was the only one, explains a LOT
HA,

I feel better knowing I am not the only one.

OP sorry to

I can't send PM's..

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #26
marv85
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I dunno

I can't send PM's, thus I have no way to contact the Admins.

when I reached out on the threads, they closed my thread. lame.

not surprising...
      11-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
tphss
das Eichhörnchen
United_States
Rep

Drives: 13' M3 ESS, 11' 335i, 09' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Welcome to the Club, you def won't be disappointed with how much the COBB tune wakes up the N54. Def poke your head into the Official COBB Thread & don't be afraid to PM any of the more vocal COBB users on here. AFAIK, the COBB tune won't alter the water pump/cooling cycles unless it's as a safety precaution. EX: On the JB4 there's a "Max Cool" option that turns on the Radiator Fan before it would normally get triggered, COBB doesn't have any features like that. With COBB, the fan (or water pump RPM increase) will only occur on if the OEM DME would've requested it.

It sounds like you're looking to go Tune, Intake & FMIC for Stage 1+ (?). The OEM FMIC is the same on every car, from the non-M sport 335s to the 335is. If you're planning on adding Meth, I'd recommend a traditional 5" FMIC (AA, ETS or ER) because you want to avoid pressure drops with an FMIC. IF you're not going to use Meth, I'd recommend the Helix FMIC (#1 IMHO, also has lots of supporting data to back that claim).

Regardless, any FMIC will be a significant upgrade over the OEM IC. Intakes, save your money and buy the BMS DCI. If you want something that looks a little better in the engine bay, go with the aFe DCIs or Injen DCI.
Ordered the COBB! I'll update when I get it...
Will a intercooler by itself help me in any way with the tune?
I will see how the difference is, but in general instead of more power (downpipes, DCI, intercooler, exhaust) I prefer to spend my money first on an LSD.

If in the future I do go for full blown power, and I'll have the money, I will get RB turbos+downpipes+intercooler. Intake I prefer the CF units like Simota's one. I would prefer to leave the stock airbox, but from what I understand it won't supply enough air to a modified engine.
Honestly I am hoping that the stage 1 software and an LSD will make me a happy camper.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphss View Post
Ordered the COBB! I'll update when I get it...
Will a intercooler by itself help me in any way with the tune?
I will see how the difference is, but in general instead of more power (downpipes, DCI, intercooler, exhaust) I prefer to spend my money first on an LSD.

If in the future I do go for full blown power, and I'll have the money, I will get RB turbos+downpipes+intercooler. Intake I prefer the CF units like Simota's one. I would prefer to leave the stock airbox, but from what I understand it won't supply enough air to a modified engine.
Honestly I am hoping that the stage 1 software and an LSD will make me a happy camper.

The bump from Stock to Stage 1 will be legit & you'll def enjoy it. Going Stage 1+ (Tune, Intake & FMIC) I think is going to be much more worth while because the FMIC will def help you maintain consistent performance. The OEM FMIC is pitiful in size & its ability in fighting off heatsoak is subpar once you start increasing the performance settings (IATs rise, the DME will timing & reduce performance). The Stage 1+ performance actually is better than the Stage 2 (Tune, Intake & DPs), so an upgraded FMIC is a worthwhile mod.

The Simota & Gruppe M (both CF intakes) are really nice, but I'm not sure about their performance gains. I'm also not sure if you can even still get the Simota (not made in the US), so good luck with that.

An LSD is a really nice piece, but they're a bit pricey & unless you're really driving the car hard (like no DTC), it'll be difficult to notice that upgrade (even more difficult if your car's an AT). My car is DD'd (FBO) and because the most aggressive driving it sees is on the highway & some backgrounds, I can't really justify pricey mods like Coilovers or an LSD that might offer "marginal" gains for the driving I do.

I've also decided to stop modding my 335 & started saving for an M3, but that's a different story
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #29
uri335i
Private
Rep

Drives: montego blue sedan

Garage List
11 M3  [0.00]
Just got mine v3 AP

I love it you can tell the difference right away, I used to have full exhaust but got annoyed with the droning inside so I sold it, the only thing I did is the K&N filter. I bet you will love your Cobb man.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #30
Fun w/N54
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 E92 335is AW/CR/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztwinturbozz
09 auto XI. Hard acceleration is not smooth. Like the car is fighting itself. Going to log and send in to Cobb. They do have good customer service. I would still recommend Cobb over anything else!
1 make sure traction control is off
2 check for any shadow codes
3 might be time for valve cleaning
4 good luck
Appreciate 0