E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > '08 335xi vs '15 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Peepyopi
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
3
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: '08 335Xi US Spec
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mildenhall

iTrader: (0)

'08 335xi vs '15 Mustang GT

Alright. Going up against my buddys 2015 Mustang GT probably in July after I return from deployment. Current mods are in sig. Will also be ordering VRSF 7" FMIC and adding meth to the mix. He's running Borla echaust, CAI, and a tune, not sure which. What can I expect?
__________________
\\ MONACO BLUE E90 || ENKEI RAIJIN 18" || HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO2 || BMS DCI || VRSF CATLESS DP || JB4 || ER CP || TIAL BOV //
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
neverdone
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
315
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

To lose.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
tchamberlain04
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335is
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey/Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

win
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
bman5150
Private First Class
2
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i XDrive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cowtown

iTrader: (0)

They are running in the 12s stock. Lose!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
blown07
Private First Class
5
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hamilton

iTrader: (0)

dig win roll lose
__________________
'07 335i Sport, graphite,FBO+Meth+Race flash+LSD
'07 335xi Sport, Silver, FBO + Meth + race flash
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
neverdone
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
315
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

I've done it woth a 5.0 and a Shelby. I had no chance with the Shelby, from a dig I definitely got the 5.0 but his torque curve is way better than ours, he pulls up hard and fast, in 1/4 he will beat you.

Mind you all I have is a ppk1/alpina and he was stock, so take that for what you will.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 02:25 AM   #7
Automobilelover
New Member
1
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335Xi
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Reno, NV

iTrader: (0)

My buddy has a 2013 GT 5.0 and I drove his car and he drove mine.. and from a stop my 335xi took off like a bat out of hell lol. After about 40MPH I caught him in the mustang and had a length of 1 1/5 to 2 cars and at about 80 we were in corners and he was gone in my beemer, I tried in the mustang but the back end was getting lose and I said F it lol. Also uphill the beemer pulled harder than the stang.. Maybe it's the elevation in Reno it's 4400 lol. I think you got him with JB4.. I'm completely stock...

EDIT: From my experience starting the Mustang and hearing that V8 Roar... AWESOME! But the beemer is better overall car.. Makes me decide on getting a E90 M3 after this!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
DaZuc
E46 to E90
DaZuc's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Rockland, NY

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
To lose.
This.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #9
Delta0311
Brigadier General
Delta0311's Avatar
164
Rep
4,336
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilelover View Post
My buddy has a 2013 GT 5.0 and I drove his car and he drove mine.. and from a stop my 335xi took off like a bat out of hell lol. After about 40MPH I caught him in the mustang and had a length of 1 1/5 to 2 cars and at about 80 we were in corners and he was gone in my beemer, I tried in the mustang but the back end was getting lose and I said F it lol. Also uphill the beemer pulled harder than the stang.. Maybe it's the elevation in Reno it's 4400 lol. I think you got him with JB4.. I'm completely stock...

EDIT: From my experience starting the Mustang and hearing that V8 Roar... AWESOME! But the beemer is better overall car.. Makes me decide on getting a E90 M3 after this!
It's bimmer. Beemer is a BMW bike.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #10
P33J
New Member
1
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
To lose.
This.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #11
Delta0311
Brigadier General
Delta0311's Avatar
164
Rep
4,336
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Don't be so sure about him getting smoked.. There is a dude on here with a video from last week, blowing the doors off of a new model 5.0(mustang owner also claimed to be modded) at the track. Not sure what mods he had on but the guy was about a bus length ahead of the Mustang.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #12
Aashenfox
Lieutenant
Greece
36
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brit in Greece

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
It's bimmer. Beemer is a BMW bike.
I had never heard anyone say 'bimmer' until I joined this forum. In the rest of the world, it's beamer. It's an American thing, nothing to do with bikes. How u guys adopted this is beyond me because of the way the acronym is spoken. You don't say 'Bi (as in bimmer or biscuit) Em DoubleU', you say 'BEE Em DoubleU', as in bee or beam, hence BEAMer, not BIMmer, which doesn't make sense. Anyway...

I own a beamer, bimmers is what they has in 'Murica...
__________________
08 E92 335xi 6AT, Sapphire Black Metallic
Modlist: 19x8.5+32/19x9.5+35 BBS CH-R Black, Michelin PSS 225/35/19 - 255/30/19, rolled rear fenders | KW v3 coilovers | Akrapovic exhaust
Keep it on the black stuff shiny side up!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
Delta0311
Brigadier General
Delta0311's Avatar
164
Rep
4,336
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
I had never heard anyone say 'bimmer' until I joined this forum. In the rest of the world, it's beamer. It's an American thing, nothing to do with bikes. How u guys adopted this is beyond me because of the way the acronym is spoken. You don't say 'Bi (as in bimmer or biscuit) Em DoubleU', you say 'BEE Em DoubleU', as in bee or beam, hence BEAMer, not BIMmer, which doesn't make sense. Anyway...

I own a beamer, bimmers is what they has in 'Murica...


http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html
Bimmer vs Beemer
Enthusiasts vs others
Definitions:
Bimmer - proper accepted slang for BMW cars. Most people don't know this.
Beamer/Beemer - proper accepted slang for BMW motorcycles. You will hear this term used incorrectly by many people.
Bummer - When you get a speeding ticket.
Bitter - Another German car. Very rare; hand built.


So just why is a BMW car called a 'bimmer' not a 'beemer' or 'beamer'?

The answer in part lies in knowing some BMW history and what came first.

All real BMW enthusiasts know that BMW got a big start on two wheels, what many call the real BMWs.

In those days, BMW motorcycles were quite active in racing, and one of their competitors at the track was often the BSA bikes.

Well as things would have it, a track slang developed, and the BMWs were usually referred to as 'beemers' and the BSAs were referred to as 'beesers'.

So, of course for any true enthusiast, there is no way that a BMW car could be called a 'beemer', so they were called 'bimmers'.

Unfortunately, in the US and Canada, and perhaps other countries, there was a time (kind of still is) where for various reasons, a BMW owner was considered an upwardly mobile person, and of course due to the fun in driving their BMWs most all of them had big grins on their faces.

Hence it is little surprise that the non enthusiast types out there incorrectly labeled BMW cars and their owners as 'beamers' or 'beemers'.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
DaZuc
E46 to E90
DaZuc's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Rockland, NY

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
It's bimmer. Beemer is a BMW bike.
I had never heard anyone say 'bimmer' until I joined this forum. In the rest of the world, it's beamer. It's an American thing, nothing to do with bikes. How u guys adopted this is beyond me because of the way the acronym is spoken. You don't say 'Bi (as in bimmer or biscuit) Em DoubleU', you say 'BEE Em DoubleU', as in bee or beam, hence BEAMer, not BIMmer, which doesn't make sense. Anyway...

I own a beamer, bimmers is what they has in 'Murica...
www.bimmerforums.com
www.bimmerpost.com

This also may be the reason.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #15
byebyev8
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kenosha wi

iTrader: (1)

On pump gas it should be a close race. Mix a little e85 and I don't see him having a chance. I'm fbo and raced a few 5.0s and haven't lost to one yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #16
Delta0311
Brigadier General
Delta0311's Avatar
164
Rep
4,336
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZuc View Post
www.bimmerforums.com
www.bimmerpost.com

This also may be the reason.
No this term has been around since I can remember and I'm 36.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #17
LQQKOUT
Private First Class
1
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: 335XI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (4)

I ran 11.9's with my 335XI with similar mods to yours, including intercooler and meth. Mustang will spin and loose on stock tires, on slicks or DR's and a tune it will be a close race. Trust me I drive a mustang right now and planing on going back to a 335XI.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #18
P33J
New Member
1
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
I had never heard anyone say 'bimmer' until I joined this forum. In the rest of the world, it's beamer. It's an American thing, nothing to do with bikes. How u guys adopted this is beyond me because of the way the acronym is spoken. You don't say 'Bi (as in bimmer or biscuit) Em DoubleU', you say 'BEE Em DoubleU', as in bee or beam, hence BEAMer, not BIMmer, which doesn't make sense. Anyway...

I own a beamer, bimmers is what they has in 'Murica...
Try again, BSA were British bikes, beamers were their German counterpart. You should probably look into the derivation before you go talking down to people, especially when you are wrong.

The etymology of the bike thing is pretty easy post WWII, BMW was primarily known as a motorcycle manufacturer, and one of the marque's main opponents on the track was BSA, whose bikes were colloquially known as "Beesers" (or, as we see it in American cycle rags, "Beazers"). "Beemer" was simply a similar nickname attached to the Bavarian bikes to achieve some sort of friendly parity with the machines from Sheffield.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #19
P33J
New Member
1
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 04:36 AM   #20
Aashenfox
Lieutenant
Greece
36
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brit in Greece

iTrader: (0)

Let me repeat...in the rest of the world, it's beamer. This is not an opinion, it's a fact. Believe it or not, there is a whole world outside your borders, no matter what some British Columbian org site says. I'm telling you because I KNOW, that it is different elsewhere, call it what you like I don't care, was only trying to be funny, an don't understand how anyone could get the idea I was talking down to anyone...
__________________
08 E92 335xi 6AT, Sapphire Black Metallic
Modlist: 19x8.5+32/19x9.5+35 BBS CH-R Black, Michelin PSS 225/35/19 - 255/30/19, rolled rear fenders | KW v3 coilovers | Akrapovic exhaust
Keep it on the black stuff shiny side up!

Last edited by Aashenfox; 05-19-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #21
neverdone
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
315
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
Let me repeat...in the rest of the world, it's beamer. This is not an opinion, it's a fact. Believe it or not, there is a whole world outside your borders, no matter what some British Columbian org site says. I'm telling you because I KNOW, that it is different elsewhere, call it what you like I don't care, was only trying to be funny, an don't understand how anyone could get the idea I was talking down to anyone...
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about because I'm in Canada and ever since I can remember, and I'm 34, it's always been bimmer for car and beamer for bike, go on any other enthusiasts website that isnt even a bmw forum and you will be told the same thing.

So, it's YOUR opinion that is wrong, Google is your friend, quit hiding under a rock and get educated before you spit off.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #22
Aashenfox
Lieutenant
Greece
36
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brit in Greece

iTrader: (0)

Canada, that place that is next to America... Anyway, calm the fuck down dude, it's just a conversation on a forum and its got nothing to do with education (mmm, yeh, they tell you in university how to pronounce the slang for BMW). English people say beamer, so do greeks, and australians, what can I tell you...sorry I peed on your corn flakes... :P
__________________
08 E92 335xi 6AT, Sapphire Black Metallic
Modlist: 19x8.5+32/19x9.5+35 BBS CH-R Black, Michelin PSS 225/35/19 - 255/30/19, rolled rear fenders | KW v3 coilovers | Akrapovic exhaust
Keep it on the black stuff shiny side up!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST