E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From 335d to e92 m3 build thread.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #155
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
Ah duuuuude - your mods and plans are making me (and others) spend moreeee LOLLLL... Please stop (no really don't)!

Excellent thread loving all your plans and cannot wait to see the stance and vids once the exhaust is fitted!
Go on, spend. You only live once!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #156
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9188
Judging by the amount of noise that comes out of mine nick and the increased drone I think this set up may be too loud and droney if fats a word haha. Time will tell though. I set off a car alarm the other night with mine lol. I thought it was funny but the Mrs wasn't impressed. It will definitely give the most power though as there will be no restriction apart from back box
I'm sure I know but what exhaust set up are you running?

My current back box box is loud, not silly loud, but does drone at 70mph. I was hoping the miltek being a quiet system would counteract the decat pipe.

Tbf. If I don't like it I will just change it. My thoughts are to get a eisenmann race a bit further down the line, or any other exhaust that pops up second hand that's a bargain. Can always sell them again! I think I want the higher pictched whale, as apose to the more tvr v8 rumble I have now!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #157
idnan
Major
 
idnan's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 1,336
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
But......after speaking to Idnan
I'm a terrible influence
idnan is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #158
andy9188
Lieutenant
 
andy9188's Avatar
 
Drives: van
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: uk

Posts: 427
iTrader: (4)

Listen to this on good speakers, particularly the last 5 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=_GXg-xYjTX0
andy9188 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #159
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
But......after speaking to Idnan
I'm a terrible influence
Yes, indeed. I won't say fully accountable but definitely partially responsible for the full de cat exhaust and the performance steering wheel. Also mailed that bloke you mentioned about carbon dipping the interior trim, but had no response yet.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #160
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9188
Listen to this on good speakers, particularly the last 5 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=_GXg-xYjTX0
Ah, yes. Did know that. Sounds great. Never going to hear any drone on the outside I spose.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #161
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Today's update. Took the car off to get coilovers fitted by a friend. Whilst there I threw on my steering wheel and changed the centre armrest to the black one ( rather tricky if I do say so myself). Coilovers weren't going well when I left. Front was proving to be hard to get off and when got to rears mate rung me and said he thought parts were missing. Several calls to bc coilovers and indeed they were so to their credit posted immediately, but will cause me a delay in suspension department, and as such no exhaust transfer today either!

Need the car back for tomorrow due to the wrap, so will have to go back early next week. So half a stance!

Tidied the garage via the kitchen into one of the spare bedrooms. Lucky the wife wasn't about!



This also arrived,



Yes, really, please don't bend.

Opened up and pleased with the carbon from teddy at ssdd. Did a good deal as a package.






Carbon won't be fitted till post wrap.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #162
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,813
iTrader: (3)

__________________

Now: E92 335D
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #163
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Today's update. Took the car off to get coilovers fitted by a friend. Whilst there I threw on my steering wheel and changed the centre armrest to the black one ( rather tricky if I do say so myself). Coilovers weren't going well when I left. Front was proving to be hard to get off and when got to rears mate rung me and said he thought parts were missing. Several calls to bc coilovers and indeed they were so to their credit posted immediately, but will cause me a delay in suspension department, and as such no exhaust transfer today either!

Need the car back for tomorrow due to the wrap, so will have to go back early next week. So half a stance!

Tidied the garage via the kitchen into one of the spare bedrooms. Lucky the wife wasn't about!



This also arrived,



Yes, really, please don't bend.

Opened up and pleased with the carbon from teddy at ssdd. Did a good deal as a package.






Carbon won't be fitted till post wrap.
How sad is this, luv the intu blinds in second pic, can't wait for the wrap Nick. Will santa be bringing your completed V8 this xmas or will we have to wait till the new year?
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #164
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Ha. Nice 'blind' spot!

Depends on the term 'completed', are they ever?

Don't think it will be finished for Christmas but should have the main look nailed. It will be the details post Christmas and the 20" bbs and big brake kit feb/ march I think.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #165
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Ha. Nice 'blind' spot!

Depends on the term 'completed', are they ever?

Don't think it will be finished for Christmas but should have the main look nailed. It will be the details post Christmas and the 20" bbs and big brake kit feb/ march I think.
Nice one Nick, looking forward to the results, the carbon looks great. Like the hasty work whilst the wife is absent.
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #166
sheps
Colonel
 
sheps's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cambs, UK

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to sheps
Carbon bits look beautiful; very much looking forward to seeing the wrap completed!
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
325i M Sport (E92), Black Sapphire, Coral Red Dakota, 19" 225's, Seat Heating, 6FL and de-badge

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
sheps is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #167
andy9188
Lieutenant
 
andy9188's Avatar
 
Drives: van
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: uk

Posts: 427
iTrader: (4)

Isn't the wrap happening today nick? Hows it going/gone? I want pics.
andy9188 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #168
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9188
Isn't the wrap happening today nick? Hows it going/gone? I want pics.
It is indeed Andy. Started this morning. Three working on it for 2 days, so should be able to pick up Monday am. Not promising any pics on Monday though.

Most of this week has been getting interior sorted. Performance wheel is know in and feels great.

The coilovers got started but due to bits missing from the kit the rears were unable to be fitted. Having said that, I drove with just the fronts fitted and was super impressed. With the dampners set to middle it has an almost oem feel to it. It's just about an inch lower at the front now. Bc are sending the parts so the rears will hopefully go on when its back from the wrap and then the 'stancing' can begin.

Speaking of wraps. Swung in earlier this morning and most of the prep done and the bonnet wrapped.

Really pleased with colour,







Early days but excited about the colour and pleased with the choice.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #169
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
It is indeed Andy. Started this morning. Three working on it for 2 days, so should be able to pick up Monday am. Not promising any pics on Monday though.

Most of this week has been getting interior sorted. Performance wheel is know in and feels great.

The coilovers got started but due to bits missing from the kit the rears were unable to be fitted. Having said that, I drove with just the fronts fitted and was super impressed. With the dampners set to middle it has an almost oem feel to it. It's just about an inch lower at the front now. Bc are sending the parts so the rears will hopefully go on when its back from the wrap and then the 'stancing' can begin.

Speaking of wraps. Swung in earlier this morning and most of the prep done and the bonnet wrapped.

Really pleased with colour,







Early days but excited about the colour and pleased with the choice.
That's going to look sooo good. Am I correct in detecting a satin type finish?
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #170
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Yes. It's matte but with sparkle. Satin in a way.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #171
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Yes. It's matte but with sparkle. Satin in a way.
Sorry mate I meant matte. Think it's going to look the dogs nuts. Pics look great but suspect it looks better in the flesh.
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #172
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Lets hope so. I'm trying to keep a ltd edition oem look, with a bit of added extra ommph!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #173
sheps
Colonel
 
sheps's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cambs, UK

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to sheps
That is going to look THE TITS.
I'd be very encouraged by how good that bonnet is looking.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
325i M Sport (E92), Black Sapphire, Coral Red Dakota, 19" 225's, Seat Heating, 6FL and de-badge

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
sheps is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #174
andy9188
Lieutenant
 
andy9188's Avatar
 
Drives: van
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: uk

Posts: 427
iTrader: (4)

That look the dogs nick. If you didnt tell anyone they would think it had been sprayed. this car will be one of a kind. and btw i had my reservations about the seats at first but seeing them through the window im rather keen on them. You going to put the pics up of interior/exterior when its done? primary cat delete is going ahead next saturday pal.
andy9188 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #175
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps
That is going to look THE TITS.
I'd be very encouraged by how good that bonnet is looking.
Thanks mate. I was pleased when I saw it!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #176
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,026
iTrader: (0)

Good news Andy on cat delete! Let me know when done.

Will post some pics. Everything's a bit half done at the minute!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST