E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Thank you BMWNA! FOR NEW TURBOS



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
4doorbmwpower
Captain
4doorbmwpower's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to 4doorbmwpower
Thank you BMWNA! FOR NEW TURBOS

awesome early present from my bad ass Service tech. Got Brand new Turbos with upgraded wategates going in at 68k miles! gotta love that. ALL FREE under the new extended warranty! can you say 200k mile 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
75
Rep
6,139
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

You went in for wastegate rattle? I went in for turbo whine and they turned me down. 19k Miles under factory warranty
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Spoolin Montego
Lieutenant
Spoolin Montego's Avatar
11
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: 09 135i/12 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Did you have any mods installed when you went in? So cal dealership?
__________________
2009 135i 6 Speed | VRSF Downpipes | Evolution Racewerks Intercooler | aFe Dual Cone | Cobb Stage 2+ | Apex ARC8
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
fireline43
Lieutenant
9
Rep
497
Posts

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You went in for wastegate rattle? I went in for turbo whine and they turned me down. 19k Miles under factory warranty
Isn't the turbo suppose to whine? I mean mine does, doesn't seem like anything is wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
75
Rep
6,139
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Isn't the turbo suppose to whine? I mean mine does, doesn't seem like anything is wrong though.
Yes, of course it should whistle, but I'm talkiung about the siren whine some members experience, due to bearing wear supposedly.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
shaginwagon13
Charted Accountant
shaginwagon13's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorbmwpower View Post
awesome early present from my bad ass Service tech. Got Brand new Turbos with upgraded wategates going in at 68k miles! gotta love that. ALL FREE under the new extended warranty! can you say 200k mile 335i
Good for you.... I wish BMW would treat us Canadians as well as they treat you guys.

Were you modded when you took the car in or were you stock?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
4doorbmwpower
Captain
4doorbmwpower's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to 4doorbmwpower
I had FBO's and JB4

I guess it really matters what BMW you go to.. I recently moved from So-Cal they denied me for the same work, I am now on the east coast and back home and they are so much friendlier around here! but i will say, make sure you are friends with or friendly with the service tech and SA that does your work. and Yes wastegate rattle same symptom that is on the BMWNA paperwork
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
4doorbmwpower
Captain
4doorbmwpower's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to 4doorbmwpower
That being said the vehicle was STOCK when i took it in!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
shortseller
CCA Member #355457
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
1,554
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (0)

200K? Did they tell you that?

I know they extended the turbos to 8yrs/82k, but most OEM parts come with a 2 yr warranty. So is the implied, that this particular part comes with 8y/82k? And by extension the HPFP 10yrs/120K?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
shaginwagon13
Charted Accountant
shaginwagon13's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
I know they extended the turbos to 8yrs/82k, but most OEM parts come with a 2 yr warranty. So is the implied, that this particular part comes with 8y/82k? And by extension the HPFP 10yrs/120K?
Ya the turbo's and HPFP got the extended coverage. Again only for American cars. US cars imported into Canada or 335's sold in Canada from the dealership don't get the same coverage because they:

'come from a different plant in Germany and don't suffer from Wastegate or turbo problems'.

Somehow even the US imported cars into Canada magically don't get coverage. Interesting web of lies BMWNA tries to spin.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
20,016
Posts


Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Yes, of course it should whistle, but I'm talkiung about the siren whine some members experience, due to bearing wear supposedly.
It's usually extremely loud even under low load and minimal boost, any other associated small whines are a "normal characteristic" of the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
shortseller
CCA Member #355457
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
1,554
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Ya the turbo's and HPFP got the extended coverage. Again only for American cars. US cars imported into Canada or 335's sold in Canada from the dealership don't get the same coverage because they:

'come from a different plant in Germany and don't suffer from Wastegate or turbo problems'.

Somehow even the US imported cars into Canada magically don't get coverage. Interesting web of lies BMWNA tries to spin.
So you are saying every time a turbo gets replaced in a used BMW within a current warranty period at a service center, it will carry another 8yr/82K warranty? HPFP 10/120? Wow, ad infinitum!

Last edited by shortseller; 11-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
shaginwagon13
Charted Accountant
shaginwagon13's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
So you are saying every time a turbo get replaced in a used BMW within a current warranty period at a service center, it will carry another 8yr/82K warranty? HPFP 10/120? Wow, ad infinitum!
Well no I assume when your cars mileage goes over 82,000miles the warranty would no longer apply (I am just guessing though I am really not too sure).

I am referring to you lucky Americans who actually get extended BMW warranty on the wastegate up to 82,000 miles or 8-years (which is 131,000 km's). Many of us with wastegate rattle up in Canada have argued how can they give you guys an awesome extended warranty for those parts but not honor our wastage issues up in Canada.

The fighting and arguing is still on-going until they also honor our cars, which in case anyone is wondering are all made in the same BMW factory.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
shortseller
CCA Member #355457
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
1,554
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Well no I assume when your cars mileage goes over 82,000miles the warranty would no longer apply (I am just guessing though I am really not too sure).

I am referring to you lucky Americans who actually get extended BMW warranty on the wastegate up to 82,000 miles or 8-years (which is 131,000 km's). Many of us with wastegate rattle up in Canada have argued how can they give you guys an awesome extended warranty for those parts but not honor our wastage issues up in Canada.

The fighting and arguing is still on-going until they also honor our cars, which in case anyone is wondering are all made in the same BMW factory.
I would think it will follow to you guys as well if more demands are made on BMWCAN. Sadly it might take a serious situation to make it come to fruition. Keep the faith fellow Northern BMW brother!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
shaginwagon13
Charted Accountant
shaginwagon13's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
I would think it will follow to you guys as well if more demands are made on BMWCAN. Sadly it might take a serious situation to make it come to fruition. Keep the faith fellow Northern BMW brother!
haha If you wander up to the Canadian section of this Forum there is talk of a class-action lawsuit.

The thing is, that takes a very long time. To sue personally will take more money than it will to cover the cost or replacing the turbo's yourself and your still not guaranteed to win in court.

Its just a pain in the ass really, they know there is an issue with their wastegates so step up and fix the problem or at least extend to us Canadians the same extended warranty you guys are receiving. Heck my car is even a US car, I bought it in SOCAL and imported it..... they STILL won't cover it. Its sort of a let down to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
4doorbmwpower
Captain
4doorbmwpower's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to 4doorbmwpower
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
200K? Did they tell you that?

I know they extended the turbos to 8yrs/82k, but most OEM parts come with a 2 yr warranty. So is the implied, that this particular part comes with 8y/82k? And by extension the HPFP 10yrs/120K?
sorry for the confusion what I was trying to imply is that I will have my 335i until 200k much cheaper and easier now. not that it is insured that long
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
4doorbmwpower
Captain
4doorbmwpower's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to 4doorbmwpower
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
So you are saying every time a turbo gets replaced in a used BMW within a current warranty period at a service center, it will carry another 8yr/82K warranty? HPFP 10/120? Wow, ad infinitum!
I dont belive that these turbos are supposed to have any problems however i suppose if they blow before 82k miles they are covered now that I think about it lol
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
United_States
61
Rep
3,970
Posts

Drives: 08 335Cic,11 X5 35i,11 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Ya the turbo's and HPFP got the extended coverage. Again only for American cars. US cars imported into Canada or 335's sold in Canada from the dealership don't get the same coverage because they:

'come from a different plant in Germany and don't suffer from Wastegate or turbo problems'.

Somehow even the US imported cars into Canada magically don't get coverage. Interesting web of lies BMWNA tries to spin.
Canadian cars don't actually come from a different factory that are magically made with better parts that don't break - someone is feeding you a bunch of BS.

Cars are made in the same factories and imported to Canada and the US. E90's were made in a few factories, so may have specific destinations, but E92 and especially E93 where only made in one factory and all the N54's were made in the same factory with the same turbo's that have the same defect.
__________________

2008 E93 335i, GIAC Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1, 2011 Audi S4 Giac Stage 2 + DSG Tune
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
zanelefko
Lieutenant
zanelefko's Avatar
4
Rep
404
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Fla

iTrader: (0)

So how long is this new extended warranty on the turbos? 8yr/82k miles? I'm at 102k miles with an 07 and my wastegates are rediculously rattling so I am out of luck correct?
__________________
VRSF DP / DCI / JB4 / ETS FMIC / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV /
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
spool twice's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,288
Posts

Drives: S65B40
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarasota, FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanelefko View Post
So how long is this new extended warranty on the turbos? 8yr/82k miles? I'm at 102k miles with an 07 and my wastegates are rediculously rattling so I am out of luck correct?
yes, you're out of luck
__________________
'15 IS350 F-sport Ultra White/Rioja Red
'09 E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue/Novillo Silver
[MS Pullies|K&N drop-in|Test Pipes |Evolve Stage II tune|Evolve Servotronic Map|Evolve M3 GTS-DCT file]
Now gone
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
F80M
Major
F80M's Avatar
24
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: love to piss on fucker's face
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: are you that fucker? lol

iTrader: (2)

I've got stock twin replaced 2 times already. First twin set went while I was on original warranty...the second set got replaced during extended warranty about 3 months ago.
All works were done with full bolted-on modifications...lol.

Without extended warranty, I would have to pay about $9.5k in replacement parts and labors for all the repairings by now...
Highly recommend to buy extended warranty if you plan to keep your cars, guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #22
4doorbmwpower
Captain
4doorbmwpower's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to 4doorbmwpower
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanelefko View Post
So how long is this new extended warranty on the turbos? 8yr/82k miles? I'm at 102k miles with an 07 and my wastegates are rediculously rattling so I am out of luck correct?
yes sorry to say they are out of warranty, I would take it to BMW ask them if they would replace them being how you just found out about this, the worst they can say is no.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST