E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > H&R Sport - Too low...

11-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
GAM
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

H&R Sport - Too low...

I changed the springs on my car over the weekend and replaced the stock sport suspension springs with the H&R Sport but the front if the car is way to low, there is about 1mm clearance when the wheels are turned between the fenders and the tire. I took it for a ride and it rubs when the road is not perfectly flat.
I have wide rims and tires so that explains the rubbing.
Anyone knows who makes springs where the drop is less than the H&R Sport? I'm looking to get the car about 1inch lower than the stock sport springs.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
avenger2540
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 F30 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfabry View Post
I changed the springs on my car over the weekend and replaced the stock sport suspension springs with the H&R Sport but the front if the car is way to low, there is about 1mm clearance when the wheels are turned between the fenders and the tire. I took it for a ride and it rubs when the road is not perfectly flat.
Anyone knows who makes springs where the drop is less than the H&R Sport? I'm looking to get the car about 1inch lower than the stock sport springs.
Thanks
Get some eibach pro kit it will be less then the h&r sport:Front and Rear Fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Note: Avg Low 1.0"F 0.8"R.
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...=Sport+Package
09 e92 335xi Alpine White, Saddle Interior, Sport pkg, Cold pkg, Comfort pkg, Premium pkg, Adactive Headlights, Black Kidney Grill, M3front, Mtech rear, M3side skirts, CF Performance spoiler, Kw v1, 19" M6 Replicas Hankook Ventus v12 evo...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
GAM
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2540 View Post
Get some eibach pro kit it will be less then the h&r sport:Front and Rear Fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Note: Avg Low 1.0"F 0.8"R.
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...=Sport+Package
Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
pinoye90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 328I e90 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfabry
Thanks
Or just keep the suspension and get new size on your front tires. Those sport springs r really common and I have heard great things.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
.fLip.
no more coupe :(
Rep

Drives: e90

any pics?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
scjones1088
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 328i M Sport

I was thinking about going this route for my e92 M Sport. I drove a MKV GTI before with H&R sport springs and Bilstein dampeners, and the ride was a bit rough. Do you need to replace the dampeners with the sport suspension? Also, how is the ride quality?
Appreciate 0