E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Will LCI headlights fit '07 E93?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Question Will LCI headlights fit '07 E93?

Hi All,

My wife drives an '07 E93 328i. She saw those new LCI E92s/E93s with headlights that have bright blueish/whiteish angel eyes and lamps. She wants them on her car too. Currently her car has HIDs I think which are like yellowish. So, my question is, will those LCI headlights fit the Pre-LCI models? If so, does it need a trip to the stealership or is an easy DIY? If not, what's the alternative to make her car's headlights look bright white or blue or whatever they are? I drive an E46 so I have very little knowledge about E9Xs. Hence, this question. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Last edited by taskeen21; 11-14-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
VTECaddict's Avatar
47
Rep
4,628
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA

iTrader: (4)

no. need bumper and hood.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
no. need bumper and hood.
I am guessing what you meant is I cannot simply swap the old headlights with LCI ones. I will need a new bumper and hood. If that's true, are there bright white/blue headlights for pre-lci models?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
edirtaynine
Major General
61
Rep
6,093
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
I am guessing what you meant is I cannot simply swap the old headlights with LCI ones. I will need a new bumper and hood. If that's true, are there bright white/blue headlights for pre-lci models?
it is true.

easiest thing to do is just get new HID bulbs. move up to 6000k bulbs and you'll get the color you like, still bright and not be "too blue".
__________________
e90post killed plastidip
Just say no to painted stock wheels

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
it is true.

easiest thing to do is just get new HID bulbs. move up to 6000k bulbs and you'll get the color you like, still bright and not be "too blue".

Thanks. I think her car has Xenons. I am not sure. Is it the same for Xenons as for HIDs? plug and play? I am so naive when it comes to this headlights, I don't even know what the difference is.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
VTECaddict's Avatar
47
Rep
4,628
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA

iTrader: (4)

Xenon and HID are the same thing. I think what you're looking for is LED angel eye bulbs.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Xenon and HID are the same thing. I think what you're looking for is LED angel eye bulbs.
may be
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
edirtaynine
Major General
61
Rep
6,093
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

if she has an E93 (convertible), then yes, she already has xenons/HID (same thing). if you want these lights to be more "white/blue" then you can just upgrade the HID bulbs to a higher temperature color, like 6000k.

if you're actually referring to the angel eyes (the 4 circles/halos inside the headlight), then yeah you can get LED bulbs like VTECaddict suggested, and that'll help give you the white/blue color for that.
__________________
e90post killed plastidip
Just say no to painted stock wheels

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
if she has an E93 (convertible), then yes, she already has xenons/HID (same thing). if you want these lights to be more "white/blue" then you can just upgrade the HID bulbs to a higher temperature color, like 6000k.

if you're actually referring to the angel eyes (the 4 circles/halos inside the headlight), then yeah you can get LED bulbs like VTECaddict suggested, and that'll help give you the white/blue color for that.
Thanks. Yes, she wants all those lights to look as bright/blue as possible. So, from all the information, from all the replies, what I will be buying is:

1. Four (4) 6000k HID bulbs
2. Four (4) LED bulbs for the angel eyes

Correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,150
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

What you're looking to do is to replace the angel eyes and unfortunately they will never look like the newer models because of a poor BMW design. In the 07-09 models the AEs are lit by one bulb on each side, meaning the uneven lighting.

There are no replacements that will look as good. Some guys love their LUX angel eyes, but it still doesn't compare. Your only real choice would be a retrofit, which in the end wouldn't look much like OEM.

Do some searching in this lighting section and you'll see what I'm saying.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #11
edirtaynine
Major General
61
Rep
6,093
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
Thanks. Yes, she wants all those lights to look as bright/blue as possible. So, from all the information, from all the replies, what I will be buying is:

1. Four (4) 6000k HID bulbs
2. Four (4) LED bulbs for the angel eyes

Correct?
no.

Two (2) 6000k HID bulbs (one for each outer headlight on each side. the inner circle/lights aren't headlights.)
Two (2) LED bulbs from like LUX (most popular on this forum)... one bulb lights up both circles per each side for pre-LCI cars.

But like the guy above said, it won't be exactly as bright as the LCI e92 angel eyes (they get one per circle/halo). your other option if you HAVE to have them bright and clear, is to get a full LED angel eye setup from like OSS or whoever. LUX is around $250 for a pair... an OSS setup will run you way more though. just fyi.
__________________
e90post killed plastidip
Just say no to painted stock wheels

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
no.

Two (2) 6000k HID bulbs (one for each outer headlight on each side. the inner circle/lights aren't headlights.)
Two (2) LED bulbs from like LUX (most popular on this forum)... one bulb lights up both circles per each side for pre-LCI cars.

But like the guy above said, it won't be exactly as bright as the LCI e92 angel eyes (they get one per circle/halo). your other option if you HAVE to have them bright and clear, is to get a full LED angel eye setup from like OSS or whoever. LUX is around $250 for a pair... an OSS setup will run you way more though. just fyi.
Awesome! Thanks for much for the info. Now, is this installation a DIY thing or no?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #13
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

attached pics of what is currently on the car and what she wants

Plus, i have attached pic of what is currently on the car. And the look/brightness she wants is this -
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #14
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,150
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for much for the info. Now, is this installation a DIY thing or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
Plus, i have attached pic of what is currently on the car. And the look/brightness she wants is this -
I promise you that it will nothing will look the same as the link you provided. Thousands have tried and failed.

These are the results (or similar) you'll get with anything plug and play and it'll be even less visible in direct sunlight -


http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...gel+eye+thread

Sure it won't be yellow-ish like it is now, however it won't be nearly as bright therefore making it a waste of money IMO.

If you want to achieve the type of brightness as the OEM 09+ models, you'll need to do an angel eye replacement. If you're interested in that search for "OSS" here. It's not cheap, but it looks the best.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #15
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,150
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

BTW, like the poster above mentioned, LUX is the favorite and "best" plug and play replacement here and that still isn't near OEM brightness. Plus it's about $250.

Here's a link showing you some pictures of the LUX angel eye bulbs:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=lux
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:27 AM   #16
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Thanks

Game - Thanks a lot for the reply. I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #17
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,150
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
Game - Thanks a lot for the reply. I really appreciate it.
Not a problem. I've been there and have seen way too many threads with members disappointed in buying plug and play products. I've had two different kits trying to accomplish a whiter angel eye, the first kit I sold after a week and the second I replaced with my OEM bulbs after a few weeks. They're barely visible during the day and that annoyed me.

My advice to you is to learn to live with it or get a full replacement done (if you're handy, you can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost). I've actually started liking my "yellow-ish" angel eyes now with this huge emergence of LED's in just about every new vehicle out there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #18
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Not a problem. I've been there and have seen way too many threads with members disappointed in buying plug and play products.

My advice to you is to learn to live with it or get a full replacement done (if you're handy, you can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost). I've actually started liking my "yellow-ish" angel eyes now with this huge emergence of LED's in just about every new vehicle out there.
In your previous reply you mentioned "Angel Eye Replacement" and now "full replacement". Do you mean the same thing?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #19
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,150
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
In your previous reply you mentioned "Angel Eye Replacement" and now "full replacement". Do you mean the same thing?
Yes.

I'll dig up some angel eye replacements for you.


Two most popular choices here if you want to send the headlights away and have the angel eyes replaced (approx. cost $700-$1000)

Are LS3 -
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=oss&page=5

and OSS - (Great thread that'll show you the comparison of plug and play kits and getting the replacement done)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=oss

One more OSS- (headlight isn't modified too much here so it looks close to OEM)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=oss


If you're handy and want to give a try yourself, here's a DIY -
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=oss
__________________

Last edited by Game; 11-15-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #20
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Yes.

I'll dig up some angel eye replacements for you.
Thanks. I will also search for "OSS" as you mentioned. I just wanted to clarify you were referring to the same replacement in your replies. It's clear now.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #21
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,150
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskeen21 View Post
Thanks. I will also search for "OSS" as you mentioned. I just wanted to clarify you were referring to the same replacement in your replies. It's clear now.
No problem.

I left you a few links in my last post. Good luck with whatever you decide.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
taskeen21
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 e46 325i / 2007 e93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
No problem.

I left you a few links in my last post. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST