E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car Totaled:(

11-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #23
BenġrTheBMW
Private First Class

Drives: Mystic Blue E90 semi-slow

Thanks guys! Yeah I can vouch for the safety now... Before I had even gotten out of my car BMW assistance had called 911. Although super super safe I don't think my mom would let me get another E90 because of her misconception of reliability. But if I can get another most likely a 330i w/aftermarket warranty. If not that I'm looking at:
VW GTI
Acura RSX not type S
Acura TSX
Infiniti G35 up to 06
SAAB 9-3 LCI
Toyota MR2
Mazdaspeed 3
Mazda RX8
Maybe an Audi A4 2.0(BMW is better than a rebadged Jetta I know!)
      11-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

If that were a Carolla I doubt you would be typing this immediately after.

If anything you mom should not want you to be in anything but a Bmw!

Insurance companies will not blame each other so someone will have to take the fault and you have the right away so.
      11-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post

Insurance companies will not blame each other so someone will have to take the fault and you have the right away so.
+1. A corolla would crumple like a tin can.
      11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
upstatedoc
Drone Expert

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenġrTheBMW View Post
Thanks guys! Yeah I can vouch for the safety now... Before I had even gotten out of my car BMW assistance had called 911. Although super super safe I don't think my mom would let me get another E90 because of her misconception of reliability. But if I can get another most likely a 330i w/aftermarket warranty. If not that I'm looking at:
VW GTI
Acura RSX not type S
Acura TSX
Infiniti G35 up to 06
SAAB 9-3 LCI
Toyota MR2
Mazdaspeed 3
Mazda RX8
Maybe an Audi A4 2.0(BMW is better than a rebadged Jetta I know!)
18 year old crashes BMW and wants to replace it with another fast car (see above list) = recipe for disaster.

And how hard could it be to find a yearbook pic of said CL??
Countermeasure enthusiast.
      11-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #27
BenġrTheBMW
Private First Class

Again, I am not a habitual speeder and was going said speed limit.This crash had nothing to do with my age or driving ability.
      11-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
BMWseeker
Private

Drives: none

i am more surprised you didn't fight the case. The police believed a "young" driver who does "not wear a seat belt" and who is coming from "the other way" He believed that she can somehow, from her, at most, 2 years of experience, be able to determine that you were speeding.

Yea right.... I would fight this case to death.

We are talking about insurance rates skyrocketing if you take blame for this.

I would say she is unable to make this judgment, has no basis, and is completely unbelievable.

Your immediate concern shouldnt be getting the next car,it's how to protect your reputation.
      11-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #29
bmwforme
First Lieutenant

Drives: 11' Camry

Quote:
Again, I am not a habitual speeder and was going said speed limit.This crash had nothing to do with my age or driving ability.
Glad you're OK. Car accidents can really do damage, but I guess you're okay (for now).

Now on the note of driving ability..I disagree that the crash did not involve driver skill.. me, yes I am only 18, but driving in NYC ages you quickly.. being I have to deal with the worst drivers in the country and super packed streets.. anyway.. I almost get into an accident like this maybe once a month?.. people are ridiculous (if I understood the crash ) when you are crossing through an intersection and someone is waiting to cross your land to turn, Always! Have your foot on the break, switching from gas to break can result in a major difference in feet, thus a crash, always assume.. hey this asshat might cut in front of me..

Just something to consider (if that's the type of crash it was)

Last edited by bmwforme; 11-14-2012 at 12:06 PM.
bmwforme is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #30
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
Kid crashes his e90 and u want him to get inside a car that is way faster than the one he HAD and way less airbags....

Get an E36 M3. Great car.

Is the teen 18....pics or ban
Not sure if you are serious but Subaru's are very safe (one of the safest on the road), and I'm quite sure they are going to be a lot safer then a mid 90's M3. Safety in respect to vehicles has come a long way since 1995-99.

Depending on the year, Subaru's have 2-6 air bags, and believe it or not airbags are not the only determination of safety in a vehicle. Crumple zones, impact zones, engineering of the uni-body, and other factors play a large role in the car's safety.

My buddy was a fire fighter, and he went to a training scenario with a late model subaru, he said the jaws of life had a hard time cutting through an A-pillar, they use some very high strength steel and welding techniques.

Fore more for specific safety information on cars checkout http://www.iihs.org/ratings/default.aspx

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 11-14-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #31
DevssrT
Private

Drives: Jeep SRT 8

First off, glad to hear you, the passenger, and the driver of the other vehicle walked away safely...
Secondly, DEFINITELY get yourself checked out by a Doctor...esp. if you felt dizzy/unable to see after the accident...potential concussion symptoms and at the moment of the accident, your adrenaline is pumping so you wont feel as much pain.

As for your next vehicle, I would definitely look at either a Subaru, VW, or a Honda if you aren't getting into another BMW...I worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car and I loved the drive of a Subaru, and also another very comfortable car was a Hyundai Sonata....not the sportiest/flashiest, but def. safe, and was rather quick.
      11-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #32
pepsih
Captain

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Glad youre safe...

Pics of said girl (assuming 18+) or this thread needs to be closed and OP banned for life. You cannot simply state "hot ass cheerleader" then not back it up with solid proof. This will not be tolerated.
totally agree with you ;P.

for 10-14k maybe a jetta mk5 2.0T wolfsburg edition or GLI ? or another e90
pepsih is offline   France
      11-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #33
BenġrTheBMW
Private First Class

If I can get a 330 I will. But this time with a aftermarket warranty program. If not that maybe a 328 but I would also like to try something new, GTI, 9-3, CTS or so forth.
      11-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #34
ndog14
Banned

Drives: E90 328xi 6MT

Quote:

+1

OP, you had the right of way. When the accident is reconstructed the truth will be revealed, the girl is at fault. She failed to yield and was speeding. It was her fault and you should have an identical vehicle to the one she destroyed.
ndog14 is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
BenġrTheBMW
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndog14
Quote:

+1

OP, you had the right of way. When the accident is reconstructed the truth will be revealed, the girl is at fault. She failed to yield and was speeding. It was her fault and you should have an identical vehicle to the one she destroyed.

Is this for sure? Because it seems like it wouldn't be my fault because she failed to yield and went while it was yellow, didn't have her seat belt on, and said I was speeding. How would she see me speeding but still go and say she couldn't see me?
      11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #36
MattMD
E9X > F3X

Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Is this for sure? Because it seems like it wouldn't be my fault because she failed to yield and went while it was yellow, didn't have her seat belt on, and said I was speeding. How would she see me speeding but still go and say she couldn't see me?
It is her fault. Since future sexual relations with said female are unlikely, make her look stupid in court.

Mods - Stock for now

Dream Car - Mineral White E92 M3 DCT, Ferrari 458 (someday )
MattMD is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #37
e90328i
Banned

Drives: 07 E90 335i

Been hit 3 times over the past year by incompetent drivers at my school... First my 328i was totaled(girl with no license!!!!) got 335i and it was backed into and a girl changed lanes into me on the way to lunch. To sum up my point driving around highschools with new drivers is a danger of itself.
      11-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #38
idrift4wd
Brigadier General

Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
Kid crashes his e90 and u want him to get inside a car that is way faster than the one he HAD and way less airbags....

Get an E36 M3. Great car.

Is the teen 18....pics or ban
True, Maybe a Honda accord will sit him perfectly. jk a e46 would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan313 View Post
Its not his fault that idiot crashed into him...and for 12k there are lots of options for used cars. Depends what you want.
Frontal accidents are more than likely the drivers fault. Insurance will fuck you up.
      11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #39
BenġrTheBMW
Private First Class

Insurance hopefully doesn't fuck me over. If this is true about frontal accidents.
      11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #40
notan///m
Colonel

Drives: AY F80 (out of the oven)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Not sure if you are serious but Subaru's are very safe (one of the safest on the road), and I'm quite sure they are going to be a lot safer then a mid 90's M3. Safety in respect to vehicles has come a long way since 1995-99.

Depending on the year, Subaru's have 2-6 air bags, and believe it or not airbags are not the only determination of safety in a vehicle. Crumple zones, impact zones, engineering of the uni-body, and other factors play a large role in the car's safety.

My buddy was a fire fighter, and he went to a training scenario with a late model subaru, he said the jaws of life had a hard time cutting through an A-pillar, they use some very high strength steel and welding techniques.

Fore more for specific safety information on cars checkout http://www.iihs.org/ratings/default.aspx
Thanks for the explanation. I almost typed one out, but just refused to this morning based on the arrogance and/or ignorance of the guy (at least that's what I interpreted). I almost even sent him to the frontal crash ratings link. OP wasn't speeding (or so he said), so I don't know where the issue of fast cars come into play. Mind you, the STI has Brembos going for it :-D

Also OP, Toyotas are on a mass recall... again! Don't wanna be messing around with those.

CCA Member

11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #41
benzo23
Colonel

Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Why would your mom NOT want you to get back into another bmw? Its clearly a safe car. How would a corolla of fared in the same accident?
      11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #42
kiwi29
Team iTouge

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Buy your car back from insurance and make it even better!
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #43
ndog14
Banned

Drives: E90 328xi 6MT

Quote:
Whether you were speeding or not, the crash reconstruction will determine that, has no factor in her not yielding to you. Get another E90, its not you or your insurance company paying, its her insurance company.
ndog14 is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #44
Cbozz
Major

Drives: M3

Garage List
So sad, but lucky everyone is ok!! And this is exactly why parents shouldn't buy expensive cars for their kids!