E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Resetting oil service interval after addtional oil change



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
simes205
New Member
simes205's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 320D E91 M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Resetting oil service interval after addtional oil change

Hi,

Don't flame me for this - I've searched a myriad of BMW forums to find this out and cannot seem this specific info anywhere.

I've recently bought a 320D and for my own peace of mind have done an oil change and filters including air filter (what a pig to change!) as a precautionary measure.

The oil wasn't due to be changed for another 3000miles or Jan 2013 but I've changed it now.

Can I reset the oil service interval even though there has not been the oil service light reminder pop up?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
TheBingoBalls
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
19
Rep
1,815
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Yes.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
simes205
New Member
simes205's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 320D E91 M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Is it the same way as if the service light was on?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
Uk 330d
Captain
Uk 330d's Avatar
England
7
Rep
649
Posts

 
Drives: E93 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
could someone please explain how to reset the service light on an e90 2006 m sport

thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
nush e91
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: E91
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newcastle

iTrader: (1)

Manual Reset Procedure

Step 1
Insert key into slot

Step 2
Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.

Step 3
Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 secs a warning triangle will appear, keep the odometer button pressed and after another 2-3 secs the Oil can will appear. If you hold it too long (10 secs in total) you will overshoot and some German writing will appear giving the software level/ can bus etc. of the car. Go back to the beginning and start again.

Step 4
You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items.

Step 5
When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 secs and a clock will start whirling around and then its done.

Step 6
You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
onetwentie
Straight 6
onetwentie's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
167
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simes205 View Post
Hi,

Don't flame me for this - I've searched a myriad of BMW forums to find this out and cannot seem this specific info anywhere.

I've recently bought a 320D and for my own peace of mind have done an oil change and filters including air filter (what a pig to change!) as a precautionary measure.

The oil wasn't due to be changed for another 3000miles or Jan 2013 but I've changed it now.

Can I reset the oil service interval even though there has not been the oil service light reminder pop up?
If you reset it now, then is the assumption then that you will change it again when the service counter comes back to 0? or was this an interim service?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
simes205
New Member
simes205's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 320D E91 M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
If you reset it now, then is the assumption then that you will change it again when the service counter comes back to 0? or was this an interim service?
Hi,

It was an interim / peace of mind service. It had another 3000miles to go but as I've only had the car 2 months I've done it early.

There were and are no service lights on, hence asking if I could reset the system.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
simes205
New Member
simes205's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 320D E91 M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nush e91 View Post
Manual Reset Procedure


Step 2
Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.

.
I don't have a service reminder!
I just wondered if I could reset the schedule as I've done the service early.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
Uk 330d
Captain
Uk 330d's Avatar
England
7
Rep
649
Posts

 
Drives: E93 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nush e91 View Post
Manual Reset Procedure

Step 1
Insert key into slot

Step 2
Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.

Step 3
Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 secs a warning triangle will appear, keep the odometer button pressed and after another 2-3 secs the Oil can will appear. If you hold it too long (10 secs in total) you will overshoot and some German writing will appear giving the software level/ can bus etc. of the car. Go back to the beginning and start again.

Step 4
You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items.

Step 5
When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 secs and a clock will start whirling around and then its done.

Step 6
You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.

Thanks Nush, much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Dont reset it, keep to the schedule but jus do interim services yourself.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
simes205
New Member
simes205's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 320D E91 M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Dont reset it, keep to the schedule but jus do interim services yourself.
Yep, I understand but I'm doing all the services myself!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Speedwagon
First Lieutenant
Speedwagon's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
366
Posts

 
Drives: Sportwagon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Dont reset it, keep to the schedule but jus do interim services yourself.
I just changed the oil and the first year oil change or the miles (only 5000) wasn't due until Jan 2013. I reset the oil reminder and now it states Nov 2014 or 13000, miles is this correct with 2 years?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
parapaul
Colonel
parapaul's Avatar
United Kingdom
38
Rep
2,216
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stoke on Trent

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by simes205 View Post
There were and are no service lights on, hence asking if I could reset the system.
This is the question - which nobody has answered yet. I'll try on mine when I get home and see, I'll post back if you haven't sorted it by then.
__________________
Just how many Yorkshire sheep can you fit inside one exhaust?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST