E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I drive controller failure

01-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Keith_H1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i

I have a 2011 e91 and just got it out of the shop today. The day after Christmas, a head bolt broke off in the front of the engine and got into the timing chain. All of that was repaired but now I have a problem with the I drive. The battery was already getting week, but it was fine as long as you didn't leave the ignition on without the car running for more than a few minutes. The car started and drove with no problems at all. While in the shop at set for about a week and the battery was completely drained. Everything else works. The screen works, the radio works, the navigation works, basically I can still use most functions if I can communicate those functions with the voice controller?? Which is an absolute royal pain! My question is is there anything that I can possibly do to reset this controller for it to work again? I saw in another posting a suggestion of holding in the radio button for 25 seconds until the screen rebooted and I did that but it did nothing for the actual I drive controller. I would hate to buy another controller if that's not the problem. I can't really understand how it could've been damaged but I can understand that it may have lost its programming, which leads me to wonder how much it would end up costing me to have it recoded to the car if that is the problem or if it needs to be recoded at all. I can probably access another Control unit from a junkyard but if that's not the problem that I don't want to waste the time doing it or the cost to buy it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Again I have gone through several of these posts, and haven't seen this particular problem,and I apologize if I have just overlooked it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Keith

After reading a few of these posts, I thought I would be more specific. Absolutely nothing works with this I drive unit. None of the buttons or the wheel.….The entire unit itself appears to be dead.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
nolemons
Rep
Drives: 328i

Maybe the fuse is blown? Or the contoller got disconnected completely while the vehicle was at shop?
Appreciate 0