E90Post

Viva Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > ccc > CIC retrofit complete success, almost!

04-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
martinhadfield
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

ccc > CIC retrofit complete success, almost!

Hi All,

This is my first post, hope its not too rude to ask for help soon after joining but i've been a guest browser on here for a little while.

My 2006 320D E91 Tourer needed a replacement CCC after the old one died a flickering rebooting death over the course of a couple of weeks (probably power supply or capacitor I'm guessing!)

I took the opportunity to upgrade to a CIC, bought used one off ebay, fitted it including the HD screen but didn't have the USB cable for maps / music upload so not installed that (I also chose not to install the newer iDrive controller as preferred the old haptic one and didn't have centre console trim to match new one)

Install went well, used NCS Expert and removed date on my VO (from #1205) and coded a new one in (#0909) as per an instruction guide, also add $6VA but to be honest there was little explanation of what that did??

To my delight everything works, music, bluetooth, phone, speakers, aux input (line in) EXCEPT Navigation is greyed out and the voice input command buttons on the steering wheel no longer work (I'm guessing latter needs coding in).

I've tried to solve the navigation issue by downloading maps BMW Europe Premium 2014 maps and burning to them to 3 DVDs.

I used FSC GENERATOR (wrapper for SWID_reader.exe , b64dec.exe and fsc.exe) and it all seems to work ok, I changed the batch codes to 0x28 and 0x06 for maps as above. here is the output

vStarting...E-serie...
Ediabas version: 6.4.7
Ignition: = OKAY
------------------------------------
Trying...
Reading CAS...
CAS: VIN - KW13226
Setting addresse: = OKAY
Reading CIC...
CIC: VIN - PY38247
Attention! Different VIN codes!
Use CIC one.

The serial code it generates does not work though when i enter it on the iDrive.

It reports the activation code is incorrect and to try again, have done this several times but definitely correct code entered.

Am i missing something?

Weirdly the first time rebooted the iDrive after the retrofit and initial coding the Navigation system came up and i was able to select a route, it's only after i revisited the car again it greyed out, not sure if this was because the CIC was reset as part of the coding or not.

I'm not bothered about installing new maps if that is the issue, i'd be happy with the current maps installed on the CIC, just want to get them working, can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance....
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinhadfield
Hi All,

This is my first post, hope its not too rude to ask for help soon after joining but i've been a guest browser on here for a little while.

My 2006 320D E91 Tourer needed a replacement CCC after the old one died a flickering rebooting death over the course of a couple of weeks (probably power supply or capacitor I'm guessing!)

I took the opportunity to upgrade to a CIC, bought used one off ebay, fitted it including the HD screen but didn't have the USB cable for maps / music upload so not installed that (I also chose not to install the newer iDrive controller as preferred the old haptic one and didn't have centre console trim to match new one)

Install went well, used NCS Expert and removed date on my VO (from #1205) and coded a new one in (#0909) as per an instruction guide, also add $6VA but to be honest there was little explanation of what that did??

To my delight everything works, music, bluetooth, phone, speakers, aux input (line in) EXCEPT Navigation is greyed out and the voice input command buttons on the steering wheel no longer work (I'm guessing latter needs coding in).

I've tried to solve the navigation issue by downloading maps BMW Europe Premium 2014 maps and burning to them to 3 DVDs.

I used FSC GENERATOR (wrapper for SWID_reader.exe , b64dec.exe and fsc.exe) and it all seems to work ok, I changed the batch codes to 0x28 and 0x06 for maps as above. here is the output

vStarting...E-serie...
Ediabas version: 6.4.7
Ignition: = OKAY
Trying...
Reading CAS...
CAS: VIN - KW13226
Setting addresse: = OKAY
Reading CIC...
CIC: VIN - PY38247
Attention! Different VIN codes!
Use CIC one.

The serial code it generates does not work though when i enter it on the iDrive.

It reports the activation code is incorrect and to try again, have done this several times but definitely correct code entered.

Am i missing something?

Weirdly the first time rebooted the iDrive after the retrofit and initial coding the Navigation system came up and i was able to select a route, it's only after i revisited the car again it greyed out, not sure if this was because the CIC was reset as part of the coding or not.

I'm not bothered about installing new maps if that is the issue, i'd be happy with the current maps installed on the CIC, just want to get them working, can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance....
You need a hardware activation module.

Navigation Activation FSC and Voice Activation FSC are disabled. You cannot generate them (that's map update and very different).

Been discussed in all the various CIC retrofit threads all over the board.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
martinhadfield
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

From what I read I thought it was possible to activate navigation via coding with NCS expert tool?

Is the only way to buy an emulator ?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
tturbolife
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92 Jet Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinhadfield View Post
From what I read I thought it was possible to activate navigation via coding with NCS expert tool?

Is the only way to buy an emulator ?
It is not possible. You need an emulator or FSC from BMW.
Jet Black on Black | JZW Tune | Alpina B3 Flash | Orion V2.5 | BMW Performance Spoiler High Kick | M3 Bumper | BMS Intake/Oil Catch Can | CSL Style Wheels | CIC iDrive | Performance Steering Wheel/Alcantara Trim | V1 | Combox/6NR | Aluminum Trim | M3 side skirts | M3 style cluster mod
Soon: Eibach springs/BMS spacers
Appreciate 0