E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Idrive climate settings



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Idrive climate settings

I was reading in the owners manual that there is an option to set the climate control to turn on, almost like an alarm clock, on a regular basis. I can certainly see this being useful being as my car sits outside, and I can have it heat up right before heading to work, and right before I come home.

My question is... Can I set this so that it only works Monday through Friday? I dont want this running on the weekend when I dont have to get up and be places at a certain time...


Sorry if it is explained in the manual. Ive tried wrapping my head around all the idrive capabilities, and probably wont understand them all by delivery...

TIA
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

By the way... what Im talking about is on pages 99-100 on the E92 w/ idrive owners manual...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
134
Rep
11,293
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
By the way... what Im talking about is on pages 99-100 on the E92 w/ idrive owners manual...
AJ,
Last time I played with those settings, I found you can only set it once.
There were no options for setting up a schedule.
it works twice a day but if you want it to repeat the next day, you have to
manually set it up again. At least that's what I recall on my e90.
I don't know if the e92 has scheduling capabilities.

when do you pick up the new baby?
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Bravecat
Enlisted Member
Bravecat's Avatar
England
0
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: 330d Msport, Titainium Silver
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northampton, UK

iTrader: (0)

I confirm this is a one time setting only. But i think it remembers the time, so you just need to tell your car to switch on next day before you park your car for the night.

BTW, it also only sets the ventalation, its not the climate control. there is an option to warm up your car, but this needs an optional heater motor...
__________________
Current BMW: E90 330d M Sport, Titainium Silver, 18" M star spoke 193, Black Dakota Leather, Automatic Gearbox, Sliding Front Armrest, Electric Glass Sunroof, Rear-seats Folding Headrests , Professional Navigation System with iDrive, BMW Assist, Bluetooth Preparation with Telematics.

Previous BMW's: 2004 E60 530d SE Auto, 2001 E46 325i M Sport manual
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
AJ,
Last time I played with those settings, I found you can only set it once.
There were no options for setting up a schedule.
it works twice a day but if you want it to repeat the next day, you have to
manually set it up again. At least that's what I recall on my e90.
I don't know if the e92 has scheduling capabilities.

when do you pick up the new baby?
Oh... I was kinda hoping it could be a scheduled event...

E92 hits US shores on the 29th, so I would expect only another 2 weeks or so...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravecat View Post
I confirm this is a one time setting only. But i think it remembers the time, so you just need to tell your car to switch on next day before you park your car for the night.

BTW, it also only sets the ventalation, its not the climate control. there is an option to warm up your car, but this needs an optional heater motor...
Man... there I was thinking this could be an awesome deal. I guess it would be nice in the summer to vent the car out...


Looks like I will still have to walk outside and start it up to get it warm in the morning...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
134
Rep
11,293
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Man... there I was thinking this could be an awesome deal. I guess it would be nice in the summer to vent the car out...


Looks like I will still have to walk outside and start it up to get it warm in the morning...
It remembers the last time settings.
then there is a checkbox you check to activate it.
So, you just have to remember to check the checkboxes at night so it works
the next day. A PAIN! I know. That is kind of my reason not to use that much.

Another thing, I remember setting it one day for 3:50pm since I was getting off
at 4pm. Somehow, 10 minutes was not enough to cool the car. (summer time)
I haven't tried for warming up the car.
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
MagicalMagic
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: E90 318d M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Berkshire

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone know if this works to heat the car up in the morning?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
TripleBlack
First Lieutenant
TripleBlack's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
346
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW E93 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalMagic View Post
Does anyone know if this works to heat the car up in the morning?
Hi, I think after reading through my thread you will get your answer.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768809
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST