E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2001 330ci coupe ---Titanium silver/gray/sport/premium,69k (So cal)

11-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

FS: 2001 330ci coupe ---Titanium silver/gray/sport/premium,69k (So cal)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 11,500.00

Item Interest
I just got another 335i, so my E46 330ci has to find a new home. I really hate to sell this car because I really do like it, but as a single guy I don't need 3 cars. The car and I are located in the Santa Barbara, CA area (about 1.5 hours north of LA).

The car is an '01 330Ci coupe with 69k miles on the clock. It is Titanium Silver with Gray leather. It has the 5-speed ZF Steptronic transmission. Here are the other major options the car came with:

Sport package
Premium package (auto dimming mirrors, seat memory, leather)
Xenon headlights
Harmon Kardon premium sound
Moonroof

As far as mods go, the car is almost completely stock. Here are the few upgrades I've done:

Window tint (all windows)
OEM clear front corner and side market lights
M-Sport steering wheel with black stitching
Ipod interface (can't remember brand, but song titles are displayed on radio, etc.)
K&N drop-in air filter
Rogue Engineering carbon fiber strut tower brace (to protect/strengthen shock towers)

__________________________________________________ _________

As for details on the car's condition, let me start by saying I'm a BMW Tech (10 years with BMW) and am very meticulous with my cars. I've had this car for almost 2 years, with around 59k miles on the odometer when I bought it from the 2nd owner. The guy I bought it from bought it as a CPO and took very good care of it cosmetically.

Anyone who's owned E46 cars (or any bimmer) knows that there are a number of things that commonly go wrong or need replacement. Well, I've pretty much rebuilt this car from top to bottom. Mechanically, this car is immaculate. I did a TON of work on this car in my spare time to get it to my standards. That included doing maintenance work, needed repairs, and preventative maintenance of known E46 problems prior to failure. Off the top of my head, here is what I've personally done to the car since I've owned it. All parts are OEM BMW.

Maintenance:

60k Inspection 2 service
Oil services every 3-4K miles using BMW 5w30 synthetic
Differential oil service (synthetic Castrol fluid)
fuel filter w/ pressure regulator
spark plugs
Front and rear brakes (pads, rotors and sensors)
Transmission fluid and filter changed
Brake fluid flushed
4 -wheel alignment
2 new rear tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sport -- 245/40/17)
Upgraded BMW "Aero" wiper blades (E90 style)

Repairs/preventative maint:

valve cover gaskets replaced
oil filter housing re-sealed
vanos line replaced
Oil separator and all vent lines replaced (PCV valve)
Water pump
Coolant expansion tank
upper and lower radiator hoses with temp sensor
front control arm bushings
General Module (GM) replaced/coded
DME and EGS (engine & trans) software updated with latest BMW program versions
Upgraded washer jets to LCI version
New BMW AGM battery

I think that's about it

The car runs, drives and handles like new. When I aligned the car on our Hunter Alignment machine, I was very happy to find the front camber adjustment pins still installed and the front camber readings to be dead-even side to side. The majority of the E46s I align are off and require camber adjustment (something slightly bent). Not on this car. After I found this, I installed the strut tower brace to keep it that way. Although I'm very careful, I'd like to not bend my strut towers if I hit a pothole, etc.

Cosmetically the car is in very good condition. Not perfect, but very good for a 10+ year old car. There are minor scratches and rock chips as you'd expect. There is some minor leather wear/cracking on the driver's seat.

EVERYTHING works as it should. Whoever buys this car is getting a very reliable and well maintained car that can be driven anywhere with confidence. I've done all the hard work and invested my time and money to make it run, drive, and handle like it should

I'm asking $11,500 OBO. Clean and clear title is in hand. If interested, please send me an email at: streetk14@aol.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by BMWM.D.; 11-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: pics
Appreciate 0