E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Wheel Question..



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Dennis78
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Wheel Question..

I know this probably belongs in the "Wheels/Tires" section, but I can't seem to illicit a response from anyone there. Was hoping some nice local/semi local peeps can help me out. I'm trying to see if anyone knows how much the OEM 16's style 282 weigh?

I'm trying to get some new wheels in the next few weeks. I really want something with a polished lip, but I'm not trying to add a bunch of weight. So as of this moment I'm thinking the Apex Arc-8 in 18's or 17's haven't decided yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

>> Link to the 282's http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/282
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
iverson3yoo
If you ain't first you're last
iverson3yoo's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
467
Posts

 
Drives: Montego Blue e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis78 View Post
I know this probably belongs in the "Wheels/Tires" section, but I can't seem to illicit a response from anyone there. Was hoping some nice local/semi local peeps can help me out. I'm trying to see if anyone knows how much the OEM 16's style 282 weigh?

I'm trying to get some new wheels in the next few weeks. I really want something with a polished lip, but I'm not trying to add a bunch of weight. So as of this moment I'm thinking the Apex Arc-8 in 18's or 17's haven't decided yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

>> Link to the 282's http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/282
Umm...according to the link you provided the 16's style 282 weigh 10.40 kg = 22.9 lbs.
__________________
l
e92 montego blue l UR catless DPs l Injen DCI l Benchmade Proper custom exhaust l UR chargepipe/HKS BOV l AA race FMIC l JB4 l ACT HD street clutch kit l B&M ssk l
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514093
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Dennis78
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3yoo View Post
Umm...according to the link you provided the 16's style 282 weigh 10.40 kg = 22.9 lbs.
HA! I saw that after I posted.. FML... I'm not sure I believe that it's accurate.. 22lbs seems very heavy for a 16. I saw a few months ago someone said they weighed 19lbs each.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
giaolong's Avatar
2
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (2)

Do u really think a couple pounds on the wheels is gonna make any different?
__________________
09 BMW 335xi e92
-KW-M6 Wheels-Toyo-Mtech-RSD-
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
bigdaddycane's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Va

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
22 sounds right to me.....factory wheels are usually pretty heavy, even 16's.
__________________

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
AlpinWeiss
Member
3
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

I have the 282s for my stocks... they suck and 22lb is about right. They are heavy as hell.
__________________

daily: E90 LCI 328i #AWE90
track toy: E36 M3 #bcRCR
instagram: omgwtfxbbq
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Dennis78
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaolong View Post
Do u really think a couple pounds on the wheels is gonna make any different?
Yes.. I do believe adding weight is going to make a difference. I'm not tracking the car nor do I street race, but I do enjoy spirited driving when the opportunity presents itself. Living up here in Frederick we have plenty of country back roads heading up into Washington County. So I'm really shooting for form and function here. Here's a good article for you to check out.. Ironically enough they used a 328 with the factory 16's!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=108

Thanks for the responses all. I think going to a 18" wheel with a polished lip can be achieved for 22 or less lbs while remaining within budget.. Or just go with the Arc-8's.. decisions, decisions..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
giaolong's Avatar
2
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis78 View Post
Yes.. I do believe adding weight is going to make a difference. I'm not tracking the car nor do I street race, but I do enjoy spirited driving when the opportunity presents itself. Living up here in Frederick we have plenty of country back roads heading up into Washington County. So I'm really shooting for form and function here. Here's a good article for you to check out.. Ironically enough they used a 328 with the factory 16's!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=108

Thanks for the responses all. I think going to a 18" wheel with a polished lip can be achieved for 22 or less lbs while remaining within budget.. Or just go with the Arc-8's.. decisions, decisions..
A .1 mph different averaging 40 mph.....
I suggest u to take a class of tracking if u into spirit driving, it will improve ur skill tremendously over worrying about a couple pounds here.
This has been proven over and over again many times.

Even if u want to improve Ur car instead of Urself.
Tires type
Suspension
Horsepower
Will go way before about worrying Ur wheel weight.
__________________
09 BMW 335xi e92
-KW-M6 Wheels-Toyo-Mtech-RSD-
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Dennis78
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaolong View Post
A .1 mph different averaging 40 mph.....
I suggest u to take a class of tracking if u into spirit driving, it will improve ur skill tremendously over worrying about a couple pounds here.
This has been proven over and over again many times.

Even if u want to improve Ur car instead of Urself.
Tires type
Suspension
Horsepower
Will go way before about worrying Ur wheel weight.
Wheel weight/size & diameter influences vehicle behavior a little more than .1mph bro. It seems as if you're being slightly dismissive. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about it, but I think you might want to do a little more research. I'll get ya started.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...-b88eb6b98ed2&
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
giaolong's Avatar
2
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (2)

Lol, i will just stop it here haha.
__________________
09 BMW 335xi e92
-KW-M6 Wheels-Toyo-Mtech-RSD-
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
giaolong's Avatar
2
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (2)

Lol, i will just stop it here haha.
__________________
09 BMW 335xi e92
-KW-M6 Wheels-Toyo-Mtech-RSD-
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST